1. Medtronic spine business 'remains attractive' despite quarterly revenue slip Full story
2. Jury finds neurosurgeon largely responsible for paralysis, awards $15.5M in damages Full story
3. Hackers plan to post patient data stolen from 2 Texas ASCs, hospital Full story
4. Patient care is personalized; why aren't spine fusion devices? Research reveals 3 benefits for personalized interbody devices.
5. The 'sweet spot' for orthopedic supergroups: 3 practice leaders weigh in Full story
6. Spine surgeons: CMS should reward physicians focusing on cost-effective, quality care Full story
7. Migration of orthopedic cases to ASCs to continue influence on value-based care, 1 surgeon exec says Full story
8. Hospital, orthopedic surgeon share liability in $6.3M verdict, court rules Full story
9. Staff shortages + supply disruptions are here to stay, but successful organizations can maintain efficiency. Join this discussion to learn how.
10. Spine devicemaker lands $9.75M investment Full story
11. Best, worst states for business in 2022
12. Hospital-at-home will fail without effective patient monitoring. See how Northwell and 3 other systems are leveling up this capability here.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Specialty practice consolidation 101: Get up to speed on the top growth challenges and macro trends for physician owners and investors.
2. 100,000 RNs left the workforce in 2021. In 2022 and beyond, hospitals should do something that should have been done long ago — improve the healthcare working environment for vital caregivers. Here's how.
3. Health systems like Intermountain and Northwell are transforming the patient experience. Join them with these 5 steps for accelerating patient experience innovation.