1. 4 spine technologies that promised more than they delivered Full story
2. Terminated orthopedic surgeon contracts with another New York hospital Full story
3. Former North Carolina physician sentenced to 78 months for pill mill Full story
4. Bone graft technology is revolutionizing surgery. Here are key strategies in bone graft selection from a spine center director at New York-Presbyterian Hospital.
5. Mayo Clinic spine patients can recover from surgery at 'guest apartments' Full story
6. 7 orthopedic, spine surgeon lawsuit wins in the last 5 years Full story
7. Former Zimmer Biomet CEO invests $5M in orthopedic robotic company Full story
8. Orthofix names president of global orthopedics: 4 details Full story
9. ASCs are primed for growth, but many are lacking the strategy for long-term success. Here's one CEO's secret to driving revenue.
10. What ASCs are doing to stay relevant Full story
11. Louisiana Orthopaedic Association will have a female president for the 1st time Full story
12. ASC, hospital outpatient pay rates should be the same, MedPAC says Full story
13. U of New Mexico neurosurgery residency program is back in business Full story
14. Majority of orthopedic physicians feel pressure from documentation, coding: survey Full story
15. Postoperative cardiac complications are harmful, costly and increasingly common. Hear what a Mass General cardiologist is doing to protect heart patients during this session.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 4 in 10 people don't know what level of care they need. See how digital symptom checkers and triage tools can get them to the right point of care here.
2. 56% of large hospitals have 4 or more simultaneous automation initiatives. Click here to learn 10 trends shaping the technology's future.
3. Patient no-shows cost the healthcare industry billions every year. See the 7 most common reasons patients skip appointments and how to address them here.