1. Dr. Bryan Kelly to lead Hospital for Special Surgery as CEO Full story
2. 4 new procedures OK'd by CMS for reimbursement in 2023 Full story
3. Johnson & Johnson's orthopedics sales dip in Q4: 5 notes Full story
4. Payers are struggling to keep up with changing member expectations. Get ahead of the curve and stay there with conversational AI and these best practices.
5. Dr. J. Richard Steadman dies at 85 Full story
6. Do spine, orthopedic surgeons feel fairly compensated in 2023? Full story
7. Orthopedic devicemaker introduces 3D printed SI joint fixation Full story
8. Heart disease deaths are rising as cardiologists see fewer patients. Close care gaps with lessons from 2 health systems here.
9. What the future holds for independent orthopedic surgeons Full story
10. New York hospital adds Stryker's spine guidance system Full story
11. 4 recent spine studies to know Full story
12. Hospitals are living 'paycheck to paycheck' and supply constraints are only worsening. See how some hospitals are turning the tide here.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Hospitals need to make the most of surgical revenue amid financial pressures. Get 6 strategies on how to do it from leading systems here.
2. Adverse drug events and readmissions can quickly burden EDs. Here are 3 steps this New England hospital took to better manage high-risk patients.
3. 5 CIOs on their top labor challenges and how tech can help. Get best practices from Seattle Children's, WakeMed Health and 3 other systems.