1. Dr. J. Richard Steadman dies at 85 Full story
2. Payers splitting with health systems: How ASCs could be affected Full story
3. DePuy Synthes pays $9.75M to settle kickback allegations involving spine implants Full story
4. 2 experts on the top processes hospitals should digitize in 2023 — see what they are and how to get started here.
5. Meet the leaders of the top 10 hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery Full story
6. 7 DISC Sports & Spine Center physicians earn local regognition Full story
7. 'Not just a gimmick': 16 experts on prone lateral spine surgery Full story
8. A late heart disease diagnosis is detrimental. Learn how providers are offering more timely diagnoses + better treatment options during this discussion.
9. Saluda Medical's spinal cord stimulator effective in 36-month study Full story
10. Spine practice leader among 2 buying medical office building space for $1.1M Full story
11. Companion Spine acquires Backbone SAS Full story
12. Care advancements are being held up by a 17-year gap between publication of guidelines and real-world clinical practice. Learn about an emerging solution to this problem here.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 5 CIOs on their top labor challenges and how tech can help. Get best practices from Seattle Children's, WakeMed Health and 3 other systems.
2. TB diagnoses declined during the pandemic due to decreased screening, but infection rates remain high worldwide. A more efficient and accessible testing model can save lives.
3. Listen, understand, act — 3 steps to meet healthcare's empathy imperative. Learn more here.