1. 'Not just a gimmick': 14 experts on prone lateral spine surgery Full story
2. Optum's busy start to 2023: 3 moves ASCs need to know Full story
3. Neurosurgeon faces trial in patient death case Full story
4. Spine surgeons want better performing interbody cages. A new porous PEEK technology will become the gold standard. See this white paper with key findings from in-vitro and in-vivo studies.
5. Here's what the future of VR spine education will look like, 1 surgeon says Full story
6. Spine practice leader among 2 buying medical office building space for $1.1M Full story
7. Companion Spine acquires Backbone SAS Full story
8. Care advancements are being held up by a 17-year gap between publication of guidelines and real-world clinical practice. Learn about an emerging solution to this problem here.
9. Dr. Jeffrey Goldstein named orthopedic chair at Illinois hospital Full story
10. Dr. Amre Nouh named regional chair of neurology for Cleveland Clinic Florida Full story
11. 4 medtech notes: Saluda Medica, VySpine and more Full story
12. How does today's OR leader ignite growth without running staff ragged? Learn the strategies Allina Health used to do just that.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. One of the nation's largest IDNs seamlessly consolidated 15 integration engines to one, saving $21M in the process. Find out how here.
2. Compensation alone can't solve hospital workforce shortages — leaders need new ideas. Find inspiration in these 10 articles about coping with talent shortages.
3. Traditional check-ins drag down staff efficiency and frustrate patients. See how one Georgia hospital is cashing in on a mobile-first approach that can improve intake in these 7 key ways.