1. How well positioned is Medtronic for 2022? 5 notes Full story
2. New Jersey orthopedic surgeon, city pay $425K to settle former firefighter's injury leave suit Full story
3. Inflation jump took a bite out of 2021 physician compensation Full story
4. Innovation with purpose: Leading surgeons discuss emerging technology and the path to better outcomes. Click here to attend the virtual panel.
5. Stryker lines up $3.1B acquisition Full story
6. Steadman Clinic adds endoscopic spine specialist Full story
7. Accountability, independence and more: 3 orthopedic leaders weigh in on data analytics Full story
8. RTI Surgical creates spinoff companies for biologics, implants Full story
9. UNiD™ Adaptive Spine Intelligence Technology.
10. Training is cheaper for orthopedic surgery residents during pandemic, study finds Full story
11. FDA clearances, acquisitions & more: 5 device company notes Full story
12. Orthopedic spine procedures are linked to higher risks of opioid dependence. See how to mitigate this risk here.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Cyberattack risks are high, but mitigation efforts can be reassuringly simple. See what they are here.
2. Recovering patient volume while staff are burnt out is a challenge. Support the return of pre-pandemic volumes with these best practices.
3. 39 percent of providers struggle with constantly-shifting customer needs. Here's how the best adapt