|1. 10 things to know about the $3.5B device company payments to physicians Full story
2. 50 spots remain for the Becker's ASC 21st Annual Meeting - The Business and Operations of ASCs. Oct. 23-25 in Chicago. To learn more and register, click here.
3. Lower resident hours do impact spine surgery outcomes--but not the way intended Full story
4. Medtronic may make changes on Covidien deal after all Full story
5. Free webinars:
- Building Revenue on the Right Foundation. Thursday, Oct. 16, 1:15 PM-2:15 PM CDT. Click here to learn more and register.
- Implementing Safe Surgery Checklists at Your Surgery Center. Thursday, Oct. 9 (1:15 p.m.-2:15 p.m. CDT). Click here to learn more and register.
6. Spine surgeon leader to know: Dr. Hansen Yuan of State University of New York Upstate Medical Full story
7. Next stop for SI-BONE: Germany--5 things to know Full story
We are completing our list of great spine hospitals and seeking out some of the best single-specialty spine hospitals. Please send recommendations to Scott Becker at firstname.lastname@example.org and Molly Gamble at email@example.com.
We are also seeking two more spine surgeon speakers for our Becker's 13th Annual Spine, Orthopedic and Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference + The Future of Spine, June 11-13, 2015 in Chicago. Contact Scott Becker at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
10. Which hospital C-suite position saw the largest pay increase? Full story
11. Are medical mergers the root of rising healthcare costs? Full story
12. Dr. Thomas Chappell joins Healthpointe Full story
13. Can private practices do orthopedic bundled payments? They're already happening Full story
21st Becker's ASC Annual Meeting - The Business and Operations of ASCs
Speaker Spotlight: Terry Bradshaw, Broadcaster and NFL Personality; William Taylor, Writer, Speaker and Entrepreneur; and Lolo Jones, Olympic Hurdler and Bobsledder will give keynote speeches during the conference.
October 23-25, 2014
100+ sessions and 160+ speakers
The exclusive conference bringing together the best minds in ASC management, development and business.