1. Will physicians flock to large, independent orthopedic groups? Full story
2. 500,000+ people could have been exposed in 11 data breaches at orthopedic practices Full story
3. Omicron variant confirmed in the US & 6 more COVID-19 updates Full story
4. Watch and learn
- Nearly 30% of OR time is unused due to inefficient processes. Here's the strategy health systems are leveraging to unlock OR time.
- New ASC rules are changing orthopedic programs — 7 tips to power profits.
- Entice new patients with your robotics program — see how Lehigh Valley Health Network and Vail Health Hospital did it here.
5. The payer obstacles 2 orthopedic surgeons anticipate in 2022 Full story
6. Carrell Clinic physician performs spine surgery on Denver Nuggets forward Full story
7. Dr. Jonathan Glashow debuts ACL restoration procedure Full story
8. Hospital for Special Surgery opens office in Connecticut Full story
9. 97% of medical practices lost money amid the pandemic. Here's how Colorado Pain Care, OrthoTexas and others have responded.
10. California ASC 1st to perform biportal endoscopic spinal surgery Full story
11. Medtronic exec among 2 additions to Paragon 28 board Full story
12. Rothman, Hospital for Special Surgery to evaluate bone void filler Full story
13. Orthopedic spine procedures are linked to higher risks of opioid dependence. See how to mitigate this risk here.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Cutting corners on medical device maintenance can backfire. Click here to learn what services are worth the upfront costs.
2. Still using paper fax to transmit patient data? Learn how switching to digital improves EHR workflows.
3. CMS mandating bundled payments requires hospital-physician synergy — here's how to achieve it.