1. Cleveland Browns physician elected VP of NFL Physicians Society Full story
2. UVA Health orthopedic supercenter becomes 1 of 4 on East Coast Full story
3. 12 physicians sentenced to prison for $250M billing fraud Full story
4. Strategies for Reducing Costs in the OR: Cascading Stipends for Anesthesia Providers. Click here.
5. Recovery from surgery a top patient concern, 3 orthopedic surgeons say Full story
6. Insurer argues it shouldn't foot damages for spine surgeon who fled the US Full story
7. San Francisco 49ers QB has shoulder surgery Full story
8. Zimmer Biomet debuts AI-powered tool for postoperative care Full story
9. SSIs pose serious costs for patients and hospitals. See how UC Health, Jefferson University Hospitals are preventing spine surgery infections here.
10. 24-physician orthopedic group hit with data breach Full story
11. Smith+Nephew 2021 revenue jumps 14% Full story
12. New York orthopedic practice adds platelet-rich-plasma therapy Full story
13. Amid declining case volumes, ASCs are striving to attract providers and patients. Here's how one physician stands out from competition.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. America's behavioral health and chronic disease crises are rising in tandem — they cannot be solved separately. Click here to learn how the mind-body connection should inform care management.
2. Patient attitudes about telehealth’s care quality jumped 15 percent from 2020 to 2021. Download this report to gain more insights about the state of telehealth.
3. Needlesticks are up fivefold as vaccines are given outside carefully controlled facilities. Click here for best safety practices.