1. Why Florida's competitive environment is good for orthopedics: Q&A with Dr. Alex Vaccaro Full story
2. 'Only a sociopath could practice as an employee of a large health system': How burnout has affected 5 physicians Full story
3. Stryker had 'record quarter' of Mako installations in Q4, plans new software Full story
4. Complimentary Education: Get answers to the questions on the minds of independent physicians and medical groups (about PE & other strategies) at the Physician Transactions Conference (March 9 in Las Vegas) – Register
5. NFL player fined $13K for shoving Detroit Lions physician Full story
6. 2 leadership appointments at Hospital for Special Surgery to know Full story
7. 2 experts on the top processes hospitals should digitize in 2023 — see what they are and how to get started here.
8. 50 hospitals and health systems with great orthopedic programs headed into 2023 Full story
9. What physician leaders need to know about Amazon's new prescription drug service Full story
10. 38% of Americans delayed care in 2022 over cost concerns — a record high. Learn how to reengage patients and improve their financial experience with this roadmap.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. It's time to give nurses more control over their work schedules. See how Novant Health is doing it here.
2. Just 1 in 10 CKD patients get proper care. Learn how data + AI are changing the kidney care paradigm from costly, urgent treatment to preventative and cost-effective care.
3. Healthcare product shortages remain 5X higher than before then pandemic. See 3 proven strategies for reducing supply chain shortages.