1. Dr. Bryan Kelly named president of Hospital for Special Surgery Full story
2. Pennsylvania pain management physician sentenced to 2 years for 'pill mill' Full story
3. Do orthopedic surgeons feel fairly compensated in 2023? Full story
4. Heart disease deaths are rising as cardiologists see fewer patients. Close care gaps with lessons from 2 health systems here.
5. How total knee replacement is expected to change at ASCs in 2023 Full story
6. Florida hospital adds smart knee implant Full story
7. Complimentary Education: Get answers to the questions on the minds of independent physicians and medical groups (about PE & other strategies) at the Physician Transactions Conference (March 9 in Las Vegas) – Register
8. 10 orthopedic surgeons to know Full story
9. 45% of orthopedic physicians report burnout: Medscape Full story
10. 2 experts on the top processes hospitals should digitize in 2023 — see what they are and how to get started here.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Adverse drug events and readmissions can quickly burden EDs. Here are 3 steps this New England hospital took to better manage high-risk patients.
2. Hospitals need to make the most of surgical revenue amid financial pressures. Get 6 strategies on how to do it from leading systems here.
3. Health plans have tons of data, but many have low member engagement. Learn how some leading health plans foster engaging, personalized member experiences at scale.