1. New Hampshire orthopedic surgeon arrested for alleged patient abuse Full story
2. Top 10 states for physicians to retire Full story
3. 10 sports medicine leaders to know Full story
4. 2 experts on the top processes hospitals should digitize in 2023 — see what they are and how to get started here.
5. Orthopedic devicemaker behind BEAR implant snags $40M financing Full story
6. Johnson & Johnson's orthopedics sales dip in Q4: 5 notes Full story
7. Heart disease deaths are rising as cardiologists see fewer patients. Close care gaps with lessons from 2 health systems here.
8. Unity MSK partners with Chicago orthopedic practice Full story
9. What physician leaders need to know about Amazon's new prescription drug service Full story
10. A late heart disease diagnosis is detrimental. Learn how providers are offering more timely diagnoses + better treatment options during this discussion.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Hospitals need to make the most of surgical revenue amid financial pressures. Get 6 strategies on how to do it from leading systems here.
2. Adverse drug events and readmissions can quickly burden EDs. Here are 3 steps this New England hospital took to better manage high-risk patients.
3. Listen, understand, act — 3 steps to meet healthcare's empathy imperative. Learn more here.