1. MSOs becoming attractive option for physician-owned orthopedic groups Full story
2. US hospital may take as many as 300 spine patients off surgery waiting list in Canada Full story
3. ASC disputes payer's conclusion that spine cases should have been in the hospital Full story
4. It's time to make spine surgery more predictable — here's how.
5. 'On the precipice of dramatic change': 2 orthopedic surgeons on the future of independent practices Full story
6. Employee at Illinois orthopedic group gets 1 year in prison for fraudulent opioid scripts Full story
7. Former Medtronic VP named Augmedics CEO Full story
8. Dr. Orr Limpisvasti operates on Cleveland Browns quarterback Full story
9. Outstanding claims hold your time and money in limbo. Get ahead on claim rejections and denials — learn how.
10. Surgeon discusses benefits, obstacles of establishing joint replacements at Pennsylvania ASC Full story
11. Orthopedic surgeon terminated after hospital closure joins different OSF facility Full story
12. Andrews Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center, partners to redevelop shopping mall Full story
13. Orthopedic spine procedures are linked to higher risks of opioid dependence. See how to mitigate this risk here.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Providers waste 19 minutes and $9.37 for every claim status they check. Stop manually chasing claims — here's how.
2. What are NewYork-Presbyterian's 7 principles for strong patient relationships? How did Yale New Haven Health save 470 hours of nurses' time? Check out these 10 must-reads to find out.
3. AI can transform the revenue cycle. Download this 5-point report to learn how to implement it.