From patent updates to grants, here are five developments in orthopedic biologics over the last 30 days:
1. Xtant Medical named Scott Neils as CFO. He will step into the role June 1.
2. Ortho Regenerative Technologies received a patent related to its Ortho-R soft tissue repair platform. The patent lasts until 2035 and provides broad protection for the composition and the method of use for Ortho-R.
3. Kuros Biosciences launched the MagnetOs Easypack Putty in the U.S. It is the third launch in the MagnetOs bone graft line.
4. Bonesupport's Cerament G, an injectable combination antibiotic bone graft substitute, earned FDA market authorization. Cerament G is the first injectable of its kind and can be delivered in a single procedure to support bone remodeling and protect bone healing.
5. Ortho Regenerative Technologies received a $500,000 grant from Axelys to develop its Ortho-M meniscus repair product. The grant will accelerate development of the product's second clinical indication.