Here are seven updates in orthopedic biologics in the last 90 days:
1. Orthopedic surgeon Scott Rodeo, MD, of New York City-based Hospital for Special Surgery received a $50,000 grant from the Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation to study an injectable knee biologic.
2. Orthopedic device company RTI Surgical partnered with Exactech to develop and supply biologic bone grafts.
3. Vivex Biologics launched its Via Mend synthetic bone fillers, a line of bone graft substitutes.
4. Implant manufacturer Orthofix has launched FiberFUSE Strip, a demineralized bone graft intended to promote bone growth after spine surgery, in the U.S.
5. Ortho Regenerative Technologies has extended its clinical hold on its Ortho-R drug, according to an Aug. 20 news release.
7. Regenerative Medicine & Rehabilitation of Hawaii opened in September and specializes in treatments including platelet-rich plasma therapy and bone marrow aspirate concentrate therapy.