Zimmer Biomet, the former U.S. exclusive distributor for BoneSupport, cancelled a majority of its Cerament Bone Void Filler orders for a three month period starting in June.
Here are five things to know:
1. Based in Lund, Sweden, BoneSupport is an orthobiologics company focused on bone void management.
2. Zimmer Biomet's cancellation follows BoneSupport's decision to set up its own distribution network in the U.S. The orthobiologics company also recently ended its exclusive distribution agreement with Zimmer Biomet.
3. Zimmer Biomet retains the right to sell and distribute Cerament BVF on an exclusive basis until Oct. 20, 2018, and on a non-exclusive basis until April 20, 2019.
4. BoneSupport is aiming to expand its product offering in the U.S. and entered into a strategic agreement with Collagen Matrix to market and distribute products that are complementary to Cerament BVF.
5. "We expect to have a strong coverage of the U.S. market in place in late October, positioning us to create more direct and stronger relationships with our U.S. customer base," said BoneSupport CEO Emil Billbäck. "This enhanced commercial platform will allow us to successfully market our highly differentiated products, particularly Cerament G, which we aim to launch in the U.S. market in 2021."
More articles on biologics: