By 2019, the market is expected to hit $8.28 billion.
Here are eight trends:
1. The rising number of sports injuries around the world is the main market driver.
2. An increasing number of people of all ages are participating in sports and physical activities because of fitness product and apparel promotion.
3. An awareness of cost-effective treatments will also drive the sports medicine devices market.
4. Poor medical coverage of sports-related injuries will pose as an obstacle to market growth.
5. The arthroscopy devices market segment will grow at a high CAGR of 5.8 percent.
6. The prosthesis and accessories segments will witness the slowest growth rates.
7. North America dominates the market, but companies are turning some of their attention to opportunities in the Asia Pacific region's sports industry.
8. Key market companies include Zimmer Biomet, Wright Medical, Stryker, Smith & Nephew, Skins International Trading, OttoBock Healthcare, Ossur, Mueller Sports Medicine, DJO Global, DePuy Mitek, Conmed, BREG, ArthroCare, Arthrex and 3M Company Ace Brand.
More articles on sports medicine:
'Be available, respectful & conscientious': Dr. Mihir Patel on the sports medicine field today & advice for young physicians
Branding a powerhouse — Q&A with Chicago Bulls' VP of Corporate Sales Scott Sonneberg
Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush brings 5 new physicians on staff: 5 thoughts