Sports medicine specialist William F. Baker Jr., MD, will be inducted into the Bob Elias Kern County Sports Hall of Fame.
The Maine Sports Hall of Fame plans to induct Portland-based sports medicine physician Douglas W. Brown, MD, a former head team physician for the U.S. Women's national soccer team and an orthopedic surgeon with OA Centers for Orthopaedics.
Saadiq El-Amin III, MD, assistant professor of surgery and director of sports medicine at Southern Illinois University, has been named team physician of the University of Illinois Springfield.
Barton College in Raleigh, N.C., has named Mark Galland, MD, an orthopedic surgeon with Orthopaedic Specialists of North Carolina, medical director of its athletic program.
Xavier University named CEO of Wellington Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Robert S. Heidt Jr., MD, to its board of trustees.
Darren Johnson, MD, chair of the department of orthopedic surgery and sports medicine at the University of Kentucky HealthCare, was named the 2013 Southeastern Conference Team Physician of the Year.
Branford (Conn.) Sports Hall of Fame has named partner at Connecticut Orthopaedic Specialist Jack Kelley, MD, as a new inductee.
The University of Toledo Varsity Hall of Fame recognized Roger Kruse, MD, long time team physician for the university's athletics, with the distinguished services award.
The Missouri Monsters of the Ultimate Indoor Football League named Matthew P. Melander, DO, medical director.
Andrew Saltzman, MD, an orthopedic surgeon with Tri-State Orthopaedic Surgeons in Evansville, Ind., has been named 2012 Team Physician of the Year by the Indiana State Medical Association and Indiana Athletic Trainer's Association.
Methodist University in Fayetteville, N.C., has named orthopedic surgeon and president of Fayetteville Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine William Schaefer, MD, to its board of directors.
The Orthopaedic Foundation for Active Lifestyles has recognized The Steadman Clinic founder and managing partner J. Richard Steadman, MD, for his contributions to the field.
Nicole Stern, MD, a sports medicine physician, has been named president of the Association of American Indian Physicians.
Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush sports medicine physician Kathleen Weber, MD, was named an "Amazing Woman" but the local WCIU-TV Chicago report for her work as the only female team physician for Major League Baseball and one of two female team physicians for the National Basketball League.
Sports medicine specialist Craig Young, MD, was awarded the 2012 Founders Award by the American Medical Society for Sports Medicine.
More Articles on Sports Medicine:
7 Big Trends & Concerns for Sports Medicine Physicians in 2013
Barton College Names Dr. Mark Galland Medical Director for Athletics
Biggest Trends in Sports Medicine Research: Q&A With Dr. Robert LaPrade of The Steadman Clinic
15 Recent Honors for Sports Medicine Physicians FeaturedWritten by Laura Dyrda | Thursday, 20 December 2012 15:22
Here are 15 sports medicine physicians who recently received honors. If you would like to recommend an addition to this list, please contact Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Most Read - Sports Medicine
- 9 orthopedic surgeons treating professional athletes — October 2015
- CMS finalizes bundled payment initiative for hip, knee replacements: 7 key notes
- Children's Health begins building pediatric sports medicine institute with Dr. James Andrews: 4 things to know
- Meet Dr. Anthony A. Romeo of Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush: 5 interesting facts
- AAOS: CMS bundled payment program still needs work — 5 things to know
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- 15 things to know about Zimmer Biomet
- 55 statistics and issues for neurosurgeons and orthopedic spine surgeons — compensation, global device market and more
- Neurosurgeon named in counterfeit spinal implant lawsuit — 5 things to know
- 6 spine physicians ranked #1 on Google
- Dr. Aria Sabit pleads guilty to unnecessary spine surgery, faces 11+ years in prison — 5 things to know
- Medtronic pays 8 physicians $1M+: 5 key notes
- Is the Zimmer-Biomet closed merger finally around the corner? 5 things to know
- Another spine surgeon named in "fake implants" lawsuit — This time in Maryland: 5 key notes
- UPMC's Dr. Tanya Hagen dies at age 45
- Medtronic facing product liability lawsuit over Infuse once more: 9 things to know
- Hospitals face 4 lawsuits in connection with unnecessary spine surgeries case — 6 things to know
- Grand jury indicts troubled Texas spine surgeon — 5 key notes
- Patient sues troubled orthopedic surgeon for malpractice — 7 things to know
- 23 statistics for orthopedic surgeons — compensation, net worth & more
- Brigham and Women's Hospital names Dr. James Kang orthopedics chairman: 6 key facts
- 10 trends in the spinal fusion market
- The future of orthopedics: ACOs, bundled payments, gain-sharing & the advantage in change
- Cleveland Clinic standardizes to 2 implant vendors, at least one orthopedic surgeon out
- 22 things to know about Stryker
- 15 things to know about Smith & Nephew
- Spine surgery in a value-based world: Dr. Jed Vanichkachorn on spine bundled payments
- The endless possibilities in spine biologics, artificial disc & outpatient procedures
- Orthopedic surgeon Dr. Michael Reilly's whistleblower lawsuit results in $69M+ penalty for Broward Health — 7 things to know
- Surface technology for spine devices: Key trends & concepts
- Becker's Spine Review Channels
- Hospital employment vs. independent practice: 5 spine surgeons weigh in
- 5 things to know about physician assistant pay
- Current annual & hourly salary rates for orthopedic surgeons: 8 statistics
- 7 trends in the $850M bone graft substitute market
- Surgeon Scorecard — Good or bad for spine? 5 things to know
- Did this orthopedic surgeon let his PA perform surgery? Dr. Munir Uwaydah faces conspiracy, $150M fraud & aggravated mayhem charges: 6 key notes
- 3rd spinal cord injury patient with InVivo's Neuro-Spinal Scaffold improving: 5 key updates
- Former OtisMed CEO gets 2 years in prison in knee device scandal — 5 key notes
- 15 things to know about physician shortages
- Dr. Sang-Ho Lee awarded Parviz Kambin award for endoscopic spine surgery at NASS meeting: 5 highlights
- Renowned orthopedic surgeon Dr. Robert Small dies in bicycle crash — 4 things to know
- NYU Langone welcomes Dr. R. Shay Bess as head of adult spinal deformity: 7 key notes
- Zimmer-Biomet $14B merger finally complete — 6 things to know
- Spinal fusion after 10 years: 5 key notes on adjacent segment disease
- 22 minimally invasive spine devices to know