Sports medicine specialist William F. Baker Jr., MD, will be inducted into the Bob Elias Kern County Sports Hall of Fame.
The Maine Sports Hall of Fame plans to induct Portland-based sports medicine physician Douglas W. Brown, MD, a former head team physician for the U.S. Women's national soccer team and an orthopedic surgeon with OA Centers for Orthopaedics.
Saadiq El-Amin III, MD, assistant professor of surgery and director of sports medicine at Southern Illinois University, has been named team physician of the University of Illinois Springfield.
Barton College in Raleigh, N.C., has named Mark Galland, MD, an orthopedic surgeon with Orthopaedic Specialists of North Carolina, medical director of its athletic program.
Xavier University named CEO of Wellington Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Robert S. Heidt Jr., MD, to its board of trustees.
Darren Johnson, MD, chair of the department of orthopedic surgery and sports medicine at the University of Kentucky HealthCare, was named the 2013 Southeastern Conference Team Physician of the Year.
Branford (Conn.) Sports Hall of Fame has named partner at Connecticut Orthopaedic Specialist Jack Kelley, MD, as a new inductee.
The University of Toledo Varsity Hall of Fame recognized Roger Kruse, MD, long time team physician for the university's athletics, with the distinguished services award.
The Missouri Monsters of the Ultimate Indoor Football League named Matthew P. Melander, DO, medical director.
Andrew Saltzman, MD, an orthopedic surgeon with Tri-State Orthopaedic Surgeons in Evansville, Ind., has been named 2012 Team Physician of the Year by the Indiana State Medical Association and Indiana Athletic Trainer's Association.
Methodist University in Fayetteville, N.C., has named orthopedic surgeon and president of Fayetteville Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine William Schaefer, MD, to its board of directors.
The Orthopaedic Foundation for Active Lifestyles has recognized The Steadman Clinic founder and managing partner J. Richard Steadman, MD, for his contributions to the field.
Nicole Stern, MD, a sports medicine physician, has been named president of the Association of American Indian Physicians.
Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush sports medicine physician Kathleen Weber, MD, was named an "Amazing Woman" but the local WCIU-TV Chicago report for her work as the only female team physician for Major League Baseball and one of two female team physicians for the National Basketball League.
Sports medicine specialist Craig Young, MD, was awarded the 2012 Founders Award by the American Medical Society for Sports Medicine.
More Articles on Sports Medicine:
7 Big Trends & Concerns for Sports Medicine Physicians in 2013
Barton College Names Dr. Mark Galland Medical Director for Athletics
Biggest Trends in Sports Medicine Research: Q&A With Dr. Robert LaPrade of The Steadman Clinic
15 Recent Honors for Sports Medicine Physicians FeaturedWritten by Laura Dyrda | Thursday, 20 December 2012 15:22
Here are 15 sports medicine physicians who recently received honors. If you would like to recommend an addition to this list, please contact Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Most Read - Sports Medicine
- 10 thoughts and statistics on medical malpractice claims against orthopedists
- Drs. Neal ElAttrache, Steve Jordan & Luga Podesta share their thoughts on the future of UCL reconstruction
- Sports medicine physicians maneuver a balancing act: Athletico Founder Mark Kaufman on clearly articulating expectations with athletes
- Dr. Nikhil Verma to head sports medicine division at Chicago's Rush University Medical Center
- Why this orthopedic surgeon left the field after 30 years — for the medical marijuana boom
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- 22 spine surgeon leadership awards | 2016
- Has Xenco Medical Ushered in the Future of Spine Surgery?
- Zimmer Biomet, Stryker, J&J & more: 26 key notes — AAOS edition
- Dr. James Andrews #5 among richest doctors in the world: 6 points
- Beyond the device: How DePuy Synthes is innovating in orthopedic & spine technology
- Orthopedic surgeons generate $2.7M for affiliated hospitals; 5.5 times what they make — 5 survey findings
- Dr. Kevin Pauza unsurprised with Tiger Woods' slow back surgery recovery: 5 insights
- CJR bundles to pay $25k per episode: 8 statistics on cost breakdown
- Top 10 highest-earning physician specialties — Orthopedics leads for 6th consecutive year
- Novel technologies make a splash in outpatient spine setting — Dr. Nick Shamie weighs in
- PODs under attack again: 5 key notes from the Senate Finance Committee's report
- Where global spine market leaders are headed: 7 key notes on Medtronic, DePuy Synthes, Stryker & more
- 6 statistics on orthopedic surgeon compensation — Which practice setting pays most?
- 21 smart spine surgeons with gifted business minds
- CMS's lowest vs. highest-paid physicians: 5 key points
- Consumer Reports: 34 top-rated US hospitals for hip replacements
- Top 12 most-liked spine surgeons on the internet
- Dr. George Rappard performs 1st US MIS procedure with Sony heads-up display: 5 observations
- Siemens, Ziehm, GE, Hologic, OrthoScan & Medtronic: 26 O-arm & C-arm systems
- Which 4 emerging trends will drive the global spine surgery market?
- Orthopedic surgeons leave Salina Regional over on-call payment dispute: 5 things to know
- Andrews Institute adds regenerative medicine, stem cell center: 5 things to know
- Annual & hourly orthopedic surgeon salary — 10 latest statistics
- ISSCR updates stem cell research guidelines; warns against stem cell medical tourism — 5 insights
- The low hanging fruit of HIPAA compliance: 8 best practices
- Zimmer Biomet to acquire LDR in $1B transaction — 9 things to know
- The great PA debate: Should spine surgeons hire them?
- Surgeon entrepreneur: Dr. Kern Singh's quest to make lateral spine surgery more accessible
- Trusting a robot — Dr. Juan Torres-Reveron on performing 1st US ROSA Spine surgery
- MIS spine's promising future — Key insights from SMISS President Dr. Greg Anderson
- 87% of solo practitioners to face MIPS penalty in 2019 — 6 statistics on how Medicare's new payment model may impact solo physicians & small practices
- How Responsive Orthopedics defied the industry norm to make knee, hip devices more affordable — 6 key insights
- Paradigm Spine pays $585k in False Claims Act settlement; denies allegations: 5 things to know
- 12 statistics on social media's presence in the healthcare space
- 5 key notes on the Zimmer Biomet-LDR acquisition & its impact on Texas
- UPMC to pay $2.5M+ to settle neurosurgery-related False Claims Act violation allegations: 7 things to know
- Bundled payments to account for 30%-45% of spine reimbursement in 3 years: 4 insights
- More than half of hospital orthopedic programs unprepared for CMS joint replacement program: 7 takeaways
- 5 key points on Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush's bundled payments making healthcare affordable & transparent
- US News & World Report: Top 10 hospitals for orthopedics