Sports medicine specialist William F. Baker Jr., MD, will be inducted into the Bob Elias Kern County Sports Hall of Fame.
The Maine Sports Hall of Fame plans to induct Portland-based sports medicine physician Douglas W. Brown, MD, a former head team physician for the U.S. Women's national soccer team and an orthopedic surgeon with OA Centers for Orthopaedics.
Saadiq El-Amin III, MD, assistant professor of surgery and director of sports medicine at Southern Illinois University, has been named team physician of the University of Illinois Springfield.
Barton College in Raleigh, N.C., has named Mark Galland, MD, an orthopedic surgeon with Orthopaedic Specialists of North Carolina, medical director of its athletic program.
Xavier University named CEO of Wellington Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Robert S. Heidt Jr., MD, to its board of trustees.
Darren Johnson, MD, chair of the department of orthopedic surgery and sports medicine at the University of Kentucky HealthCare, was named the 2013 Southeastern Conference Team Physician of the Year.
Branford (Conn.) Sports Hall of Fame has named partner at Connecticut Orthopaedic Specialist Jack Kelley, MD, as a new inductee.
The University of Toledo Varsity Hall of Fame recognized Roger Kruse, MD, long time team physician for the university's athletics, with the distinguished services award.
The Missouri Monsters of the Ultimate Indoor Football League named Matthew P. Melander, DO, medical director.
Andrew Saltzman, MD, an orthopedic surgeon with Tri-State Orthopaedic Surgeons in Evansville, Ind., has been named 2012 Team Physician of the Year by the Indiana State Medical Association and Indiana Athletic Trainer's Association.
Methodist University in Fayetteville, N.C., has named orthopedic surgeon and president of Fayetteville Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine William Schaefer, MD, to its board of directors.
The Orthopaedic Foundation for Active Lifestyles has recognized The Steadman Clinic founder and managing partner J. Richard Steadman, MD, for his contributions to the field.
Nicole Stern, MD, a sports medicine physician, has been named president of the Association of American Indian Physicians.
Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush sports medicine physician Kathleen Weber, MD, was named an "Amazing Woman" but the local WCIU-TV Chicago report for her work as the only female team physician for Major League Baseball and one of two female team physicians for the National Basketball League.
Sports medicine specialist Craig Young, MD, was awarded the 2012 Founders Award by the American Medical Society for Sports Medicine.
More Articles on Sports Medicine:
7 Big Trends & Concerns for Sports Medicine Physicians in 2013
Barton College Names Dr. Mark Galland Medical Director for Athletics
Biggest Trends in Sports Medicine Research: Q&A With Dr. Robert LaPrade of The Steadman Clinic
15 Recent Honors for Sports Medicine Physicians FeaturedWritten by Laura Dyrda | Thursday, 20 December 2012 15:22
Here are 15 sports medicine physicians who recently received honors. If you would like to recommend an addition to this list, please contact Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Most Read - Sports Medicine
- 12 orthopedic surgeons treating professional athletes — March 2016
- 9 sports medicine physicians on the move — April 15, 2016
- Drs. Bert Mandelbaum, Neal ElAttrache & more: 11 orthopedic surgeons in the headlines this week — April 8, 2016
- Drs. R. Alex Creighton, Don Sheridan & more: 13 orthopedic surgeons in the headlines this week — April 15, 2016
- Treating the elite of the elite — Dr. Robert S. Bray, Jr. on using an integrative approach in sports medicine
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- 336 spine surgeons to know — 2016
- Rumors of a Stryker acquisition of Smith & Nephew swirl once again: 6 key notes
- Google and Johnson & Johnson to form new surgical company — 4 highlights
- Transparency in healthcare can work today — Hoag Orthopedic Institute proves it
- Stryker director sells 18k shares, following Smith & Nephew acquisition rumors: 7 points
- Did Loma Linda's orthopedic device rep-less strategy work? 5 things to know
- 5 huge reputation management mistakes for surgeons
- Medtronic, Stryker, Zimmer Biomet, DePuy Synthes, Smith & Nephew: Who had the best 2015? 32 things to know
- Smith & Nephew acquires Blue Belt Technologies — Will Stryker make its move soon? 5 key notes
- The theory behind Geisinger's spine surgery refund
- Physician receives second-degree murder sentence for overprescribing pain medication: 6 key points
- Is the Johnson & Johnson job cut an ominous sign for the medical device industry? 5 key thoughts
- Population health on a budget: How one orthopedic surgeon succeeded in Chicago's most impoverished neighborhoods
- Justice Department investigates pain compounding cream for $500M potential fraud: 5 things to know
- 10 Things to know about the Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement (CJR) Model
- 32 hospitals to pay $28M in spine surgery false claims settlement: 5 things to know
- Looking ahead to 2016: What excites spine surgeons most?
- ProDisc-C vs. spinal fusion: Which has better results? 5 key notes
- Dr. R.J. Meagher joins Laser Spine Institute: 5 things to know
- 5 most common reasons orthopedic surgeons are sued
- 10 spine, neurosurgeons on the move in January 2016
- Reducing the cost of spine care: Key thoughts from 4 spine surgeons
- Dr. James Andrews #5 among richest doctors in the world: 6 points
- Dr. Robert Blok joins Laser Spine Institute — 4 key points
- 5 ways big data will affect healthcare providers in 2016 & beyond
- North Carolina physician group creates orthopedic bundled payment system — 5 takeaways
- 5 things to know about wearable technology in medicine
- Zimmer Biomet, Stryker, J&J & more: 26 key notes — AAOS edition
- Surgical tech sues Yale-New Haven Hospital surgeon after OR altercation — 5 key notes
- 15 statistics on orthopedic surgeon starting salaries
- Does universal healthcare in Massachusetts equalize treatment between races in cervical spinal trauma? 5 key notes
- Stryker, Titan Spine, ConforMIS & more: 16 key notes
- CJR bundles to pay $25k per episode: 8 statistics on cost breakdown
- The best way to prepare for the future in spine: Dr. Hyun Bae
- Bundled payments, consolidation & more: How OrthoVirginia is building a future-facing empire
- Top 10 highest-earning physician specialties — Orthopedics leads for 6th consecutive year
- Orthopedic surgeons generate $2.7M for affiliated hospitals; 5.5 times what they make — 5 survey findings
- From cost to patient care — The many ways orthopedic bundled payments help hospitals
- 13 statistics on neurosurgeon salary in 2016
- 6 statistics on orthopedic surgeon compensation — Which practice setting pays most?