Sports medicine specialist William F. Baker Jr., MD, will be inducted into the Bob Elias Kern County Sports Hall of Fame.
The Maine Sports Hall of Fame plans to induct Portland-based sports medicine physician Douglas W. Brown, MD, a former head team physician for the U.S. Women's national soccer team and an orthopedic surgeon with OA Centers for Orthopaedics.
Saadiq El-Amin III, MD, assistant professor of surgery and director of sports medicine at Southern Illinois University, has been named team physician of the University of Illinois Springfield.
Barton College in Raleigh, N.C., has named Mark Galland, MD, an orthopedic surgeon with Orthopaedic Specialists of North Carolina, medical director of its athletic program.
Xavier University named CEO of Wellington Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Robert S. Heidt Jr., MD, to its board of trustees.
Darren Johnson, MD, chair of the department of orthopedic surgery and sports medicine at the University of Kentucky HealthCare, was named the 2013 Southeastern Conference Team Physician of the Year.
Branford (Conn.) Sports Hall of Fame has named partner at Connecticut Orthopaedic Specialist Jack Kelley, MD, as a new inductee.
The University of Toledo Varsity Hall of Fame recognized Roger Kruse, MD, long time team physician for the university's athletics, with the distinguished services award.
The Missouri Monsters of the Ultimate Indoor Football League named Matthew P. Melander, DO, medical director.
Andrew Saltzman, MD, an orthopedic surgeon with Tri-State Orthopaedic Surgeons in Evansville, Ind., has been named 2012 Team Physician of the Year by the Indiana State Medical Association and Indiana Athletic Trainer's Association.
Methodist University in Fayetteville, N.C., has named orthopedic surgeon and president of Fayetteville Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine William Schaefer, MD, to its board of directors.
The Orthopaedic Foundation for Active Lifestyles has recognized The Steadman Clinic founder and managing partner J. Richard Steadman, MD, for his contributions to the field.
Nicole Stern, MD, a sports medicine physician, has been named president of the Association of American Indian Physicians.
Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush sports medicine physician Kathleen Weber, MD, was named an "Amazing Woman" but the local WCIU-TV Chicago report for her work as the only female team physician for Major League Baseball and one of two female team physicians for the National Basketball League.
Sports medicine specialist Craig Young, MD, was awarded the 2012 Founders Award by the American Medical Society for Sports Medicine.
More Articles on Sports Medicine:
7 Big Trends & Concerns for Sports Medicine Physicians in 2013
Barton College Names Dr. Mark Galland Medical Director for Athletics
Biggest Trends in Sports Medicine Research: Q&A With Dr. Robert LaPrade of The Steadman Clinic
15 Recent Honors for Sports Medicine Physicians FeaturedWritten by Laura Dyrda | Thursday, 20 December 2012 15:22
Here are 15 sports medicine physicians who recently received honors. If you would like to recommend an addition to this list, please contact Laura at email@example.com.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Most Read - Sports Medicine
- Dr. James Andrews: If football was invented today, it wouldn't be allowed: 3 key notes
- What 6 sports medicine physicians wish they would've known at the beginning of their careers
- Northwestern Medicine buys rights to Kane County Cougars stadium: 3 things to know
- Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic opens new office in Thousand Oaks — 4 notes
- The 10 biggest fitness trends for 2017 — Wearable technology tops the list
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- 20 new MIS spine devices in 2016
- 44 MIS spine devices to know | 2016
- 21 smart spine surgeons with gifted business minds
- Top 12 most-liked spine surgeons on the internet
- Police investigate death of American Spine Center's physician accused in federal kickback scheme: 6 things to know
- Consumer Reports: 34 top-rated US hospitals for hip replacements
- Suicide likely cause of Dr. Sandeep Sherlekar's death, police report shows: 6 things to know
- Dr. George Rappard performs 1st US MIS procedure with Sony heads-up display: 5 observations
- Annual & hourly orthopedic surgeon salary — 10 latest statistics
- Trusting a robot — Dr. Juan Torres-Reveron on performing 1st US ROSA Spine surgery
- 12 statistics on social media's presence in the healthcare space
- 5 key notes on the Zimmer Biomet-LDR acquisition & its impact on Texas
- 38 female spine surgeon leaders to know
- Dr. Gregory Sherr sues HealthEast, CentraCare & 6 neurosurgeons for allegedly ruining his reputation & career — 6 things to know
- Oregon spine surgeon implicated in $22M lawsuit for paralyzing patient with dropped instrument: 5 things to know
- UPMC to pay $2.5M+ to settle neurosurgery-related False Claims Act violation allegations: 7 things to know
- 4 North Carolina orthopedic practices merge to create EmergeOrtho: 5 key notes
- US News & World Report: Top 10 hospitals for orthopedics
- 7 things to know about Mazor Robotics & Medtronic's plans to roll out Mazor X
- The state of minimally invasive spine surgery: Dr. Frank Phillips on devices, payment & outpatient ASCs
- 11 highest-paying states for orthopedic surgeons: New Jersey tops the list at $494.5k
- Beyond the implant — DePuy Synthes pushes innovation inside & out of the OR
- Zimmer Biomet jumps into robotics with MedTech acquisition: 5 things to know
- Orthopedic surgeon Dr. Michael Russin dies following plane crash: 5 key notes
- 34 latest trends in the global orthopedic devices market
- 21 statistics and facts for orthopedic surgeons — compensation, net worth and more
- 19 more things to know about orthopedic bundled payments — September 2016
- Are Stryker's hip implants about to be recalled?
- Trump or Hillary? The physicians have voted
- FDA regulation, insurance coverage: Dr. Raj N. Sureja talks challenges in regenerative medicine
- Do you know what patients really care about when choosing a spine surgeon?
- 13 facts and statistics on Baby Boomers for spine surgeons to know
- 5 trends for orthopedic surgeons to watch in 2017
- 3 orthopedic clinics to pay $2.39M to settle False Claims Act allegations: 5 things to know
- Evolutionary vs. revolutionary: The future of surgical devices and spine surgery
- 10 thoughts and statistics on medical malpractice claims against orthopedists
- Robotics is here to stay — Drs. Kornelis Poelstra & Dennis Devito on working with Mazor technology
- UCLA pays $8.5M to settle 2 lawsuits after undisclosed spine surgeon relationship with Medtronic: 5 key notes
- Medtronic, SeaSpine, Zimmer Biomet & more: 17 key notes
- The efficacy of electrical bone stimulators & ultrasound for bone healing — Dr. Mohit Bhandari weighs in with new evidence