Willamette Valley Medical Center in McMinnville, Ore., welcomed Derek Rains, MD, who completed a sports medicine fellowship at Panorama Orthopedics.
Primary care sports medicine physician Ryan Fowler, MD, joined King's Daughters Clinic in Killeen, Texas, after serving as a Naval physician.
Jason Young, MD, joined Lincoln County Medical Center in Troy, Mo., after completing a fellowship at Stedman Hawkins Clinic Denver, where he worked with the Colorado Rockies and Denver Broncos.
Licking Memorial Hospital in Newark, Ohio, welcomed orthopedic surgeon Michael Vaccariello MD, who completed a sports medicine fellowship at Allgeheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh.
Juan Carlos Vargas, MD, joined Apex Medical Group in Los Banos, Calif., after completing a sports medicine fellowship at MacNeal Health Network in Berwyn, Ill.
Columbus, Ohio-based SportsMedicine Grant & Orthopaedic Associates welcomed Timothy Iorio, MD, who completed an orthopedic surgery residency at Henry Ford Hospital.
Michael Cosgrave, DO, joined Jordan Parkway Medical Group in South Jordan, Utah, after completing a family and sports medicine fellowship at Utah Valley Regional Medical Center in Provo.
Layton, Utah-based Davis Orthopedics and Sports Medicine welcomed Rodney Jay, MD, who completed a sports medicine fellowship at the University of Utah.
After completing a sports medicine fellowship at Edward Via college of Osteopathic Medicine in Blacksburg, Va., Stephanie Aldret, DO, joined Regional Medical Center of Acadiana in Lafayette.
Richard J. Margaitis, DO, joined Premier Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine in Hattiesburgh, Miss., and completed a fellowship at Pitt County Memorial Hospital.
Methodist Sports Medicine/The Orthopedic Specialists in Indianapolis welcomed Thurman Alvey III, DO.
Orthopedic surgeon Sacha Tehrranchi, DO, joined Allegan (Mich.) Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Center.
More Articles on Sports Medicine:
12 Orthopedic Surgeries for Professional Athletes
NFL Team Physicians Society Barred Team Physicians From Wearing Logos
Boston Red Sox Restructures Medical Team
12 Sports Medicine Physicians on the Move FeaturedWritten by Laura Dyrda | Wednesday, 14 November 2012 22:41
Here are 12 sports medicine physicians recently on the move.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Most Read - Sports Medicine
- 8 trends impacting the global sports medicine devices market through 2019
- City of Pittsburgh celebrates Dr. Freddie Fu Day: 7 things to know
- Andrews Institute team travels to Malaysia to finalize upcoming stem cell study goals — 5 key notes
- Possibly coming to a TV near you: LeBron James and Dr. James Andrews developing sports medicine pilot: 4 takeaways
- Bundled payments decrease Medicare payments — but not outcomes — for lower extremity joint replacement: 4 takeaways
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- 22 spine surgeon leadership awards | 2016
- Has Xenco Medical Ushered in the Future of Spine Surgery?
- Orthopedic surgeons generate $2.7M for affiliated hospitals; 5.5 times what they make — 5 survey findings
- Where global spine market leaders are headed: 7 key notes on Medtronic, DePuy Synthes, Stryker & more
- Novel technologies make a splash in outpatient spine setting — Dr. Nick Shamie weighs in
- PODs under attack again: 5 key notes from the Senate Finance Committee's report
- 21 smart spine surgeons with gifted business minds
- Top 12 most-liked spine surgeons on the internet
- Siemens, Ziehm, GE, Hologic, OrthoScan & Medtronic: 26 O-arm & C-arm systems
- Consumer Reports: 34 top-rated US hospitals for hip replacements
- Dr. George Rappard performs 1st US MIS procedure with Sony heads-up display: 5 observations
- Orthopedic surgeons leave Salina Regional over on-call payment dispute: 5 things to know
- Andrews Institute adds regenerative medicine, stem cell center: 5 things to know
- Zimmer Biomet to acquire LDR in $1B transaction — 9 things to know
- Annual & hourly orthopedic surgeon salary — 10 latest statistics
- 44 MIS spine devices to know | 2016
- The low hanging fruit of HIPAA compliance: 8 best practices
- Trusting a robot — Dr. Juan Torres-Reveron on performing 1st US ROSA Spine surgery
- ISSCR updates stem cell research guidelines; warns against stem cell medical tourism — 5 insights
- 20 new MIS spine devices in 2016
- How Responsive Orthopedics defied the industry norm to make knee, hip devices more affordable — 6 key insights
- 87% of solo practitioners to face MIPS penalty in 2019 — 6 statistics on how Medicare's new payment model may impact solo physicians & small practices
- Paradigm Spine pays $585k in False Claims Act settlement; denies allegations: 5 things to know
- Surgeon entrepreneur: Dr. Kern Singh's quest to make lateral spine surgery more accessible
- 5 key notes on the Zimmer Biomet-LDR acquisition & its impact on Texas
- 12 statistics on social media's presence in the healthcare space
- MIS spine's promising future — Key insights from SMISS President Dr. Greg Anderson
- UPMC to pay $2.5M+ to settle neurosurgery-related False Claims Act violation allegations: 7 things to know
- 5 key points on Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush's bundled payments making healthcare affordable & transparent
- US News & World Report: Top 10 hospitals for orthopedics
- Oregon spine surgeon implicated in $22M lawsuit for paralyzing patient with dropped instrument: 5 things to know
- Bundled payments to account for 30%-45% of spine reimbursement in 3 years: 4 insights
- 'Spare the scalpel' — Dr. Brian Cole sheds light on the future of orthopedic medicine in TEDx Talk
- 7 things to know about Mazor Robotics & Medtronic's plans to roll out Mazor X
- 4 North Carolina orthopedic practices merge to create EmergeOrtho: 5 key notes
- The state of minimally invasive spine surgery: Dr. Frank Phillips on devices, payment & outpatient ASCs
- Orthopedic surgeon Dr. Michael Russin dies following plane crash: 5 key notes
- How did 5 orthopedic device giants fare in the most recent fiscal period? 45 notes on Stryker, Medtronic & more
- Raleigh Orthopaedic Clinic to pay $750k in potential HIPAA violation: 5 things to know
- Zimmer Biomet jumps into robotics with MedTech acquisition: 5 things to know