Willamette Valley Medical Center in McMinnville, Ore., welcomed Derek Rains, MD, who completed a sports medicine fellowship at Panorama Orthopedics.
Primary care sports medicine physician Ryan Fowler, MD, joined King's Daughters Clinic in Killeen, Texas, after serving as a Naval physician.
Jason Young, MD, joined Lincoln County Medical Center in Troy, Mo., after completing a fellowship at Stedman Hawkins Clinic Denver, where he worked with the Colorado Rockies and Denver Broncos.
Licking Memorial Hospital in Newark, Ohio, welcomed orthopedic surgeon Michael Vaccariello MD, who completed a sports medicine fellowship at Allgeheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh.
Juan Carlos Vargas, MD, joined Apex Medical Group in Los Banos, Calif., after completing a sports medicine fellowship at MacNeal Health Network in Berwyn, Ill.
Columbus, Ohio-based SportsMedicine Grant & Orthopaedic Associates welcomed Timothy Iorio, MD, who completed an orthopedic surgery residency at Henry Ford Hospital.
Michael Cosgrave, DO, joined Jordan Parkway Medical Group in South Jordan, Utah, after completing a family and sports medicine fellowship at Utah Valley Regional Medical Center in Provo.
Layton, Utah-based Davis Orthopedics and Sports Medicine welcomed Rodney Jay, MD, who completed a sports medicine fellowship at the University of Utah.
After completing a sports medicine fellowship at Edward Via college of Osteopathic Medicine in Blacksburg, Va., Stephanie Aldret, DO, joined Regional Medical Center of Acadiana in Lafayette.
Richard J. Margaitis, DO, joined Premier Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine in Hattiesburgh, Miss., and completed a fellowship at Pitt County Memorial Hospital.
Methodist Sports Medicine/The Orthopedic Specialists in Indianapolis welcomed Thurman Alvey III, DO.
Orthopedic surgeon Sacha Tehrranchi, DO, joined Allegan (Mich.) Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Center.
More Articles on Sports Medicine:
12 Orthopedic Surgeries for Professional Athletes
NFL Team Physicians Society Barred Team Physicians From Wearing Logos
Boston Red Sox Restructures Medical Team
12 Sports Medicine Physicians on the Move FeaturedWritten by Laura Dyrda | Wednesday, 14 November 2012 22:41
Here are 12 sports medicine physicians recently on the move.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Most Read - Sports Medicine
- The orthopedic job market: 6 key trends over 10 years
- Drs. Peter Daly, John Cope & more: 17 orthopedic surgeons in the headlines this week
- Which NBA orthopedic surgeries keep players off the court: 5 key notes
- Dr. Matt Provencher leaving post as Patriots' medical director: 5 insights
- Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush physicians to perform surgery on Bulls' Joakim Noah: 5 things to know
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- Cleveland Clinic standardizes to 2 implant vendors, at least one orthopedic surgeon out
- 22 minimally invasive spine devices to know
- 5 things to know about physician assistant pay
- Becker's Spine Review Channels
- Did this orthopedic surgeon let his PA perform surgery? Dr. Munir Uwaydah faces conspiracy, $150M fraud & aggravated mayhem charges: 6 key notes
- Surface technology for spine devices: Key trends & concepts
- Orthopedic surgeon Dr. Michael Reilly's whistleblower lawsuit results in $69M+ penalty for Broward Health — 7 things to know
- 15 things to know about physician shortages
- 334 spine surgeons to know — 2016
- Current annual & hourly salary rates for orthopedic surgeons: 8 statistics
- Dr. Richard Rooney pleads guilty to undisclosed financial interest, sentenced to prison: 5 things to know
- Dr. Sang-Ho Lee awarded Parviz Kambin award for endoscopic spine surgery at NASS meeting: 5 highlights
- Rumors of a Stryker acquisition of Smith & Nephew swirl once again: 6 key notes
- Physician stabbed in Virginia leaving clinic — Attacker wanted more pain meds
- Stryker recalls 16k+ units of orthopedic products: 5 takeaways
- The future of private practice: Key thoughts from OrthoCarolina CEO Dr. Daniel Murrey
- 5 trends putting the squeeze on surgical practices
- MIS, stem cells, biologics & more: What excites spine surgeons most about the current landscape?
- Transparency in healthcare can work today — Hoag Orthopedic Institute proves it
- Google and Johnson & Johnson to form new surgical company — 4 highlights
- Drs. Troy Caron, Raj Kakarlapudi, Jeff Martin join Laser Spine's surgery centers: 5 key points
- Global spine surgery device market seeing double-digit growth: 5 key points
- The theory behind Geisinger's spine surgery refund
- 8 surprising topics your spine patients are researching
- The ICD-10 deadline is almost upon us — Are spine surgeons ready?
- 5 key trends on Massachusetts physician pay — And what it means for US physicians
- Q2 financials: 150 things to know about NuVasive, Stryker, J&J Orthopedics & more
- 5 huge reputation management mistakes for surgeons
- 5 trends in the medical tourism market
- 10 statistics on neurosurgeon salaries & bonuses
- 10 key notes on the 2016 CMS physician fee schedule
- Stryker director sells 18k shares, following Smith & Nephew acquisition rumors: 7 points
- Intersecting care of spine pain specialists & spine surgeons: Drs. Heidi Prather & Scott Glaser talk pain
- Rothman Institute merges with OrthopaediCare; adds 17 physicians: 4 things to know
- Did Loma Linda's orthopedic device rep-less strategy work? 5 things to know
- Alphatec Spine, LDR, Globus Medical & more — 21 key notes
- Population health on a budget: How one orthopedic surgeon succeeded in Chicago's most impoverished neighborhoods
- Is PEEK cost-effective for spinal surgery? 5 things to know
- 32 hospitals to pay $28M in spine surgery false claims settlement: 5 things to know
- ProDisc-C vs. spinal fusion: Which has better results? 5 key notes