Throughout her career, Dr. Snyder-Mackler has focused on knee, shoulder and spine rehabilitation, with a special focus on ACL injuries. She recently partnered with Oslo University Hospital in Norway to develop a screening procedure that could provide more treatment options for improved function after ACL injury and reconstruction.
The studies support an argument for a rehabilitation period for all patients with ACL injuries.
More Articles on Sports Medicine:
Sports Medicine Physician Dr. Carly Day Joins Cleveland Clinic Sports Health
Andrews Institute, Child Neurology Center Develops New Protocol for Concussions
Stamford Hospital Leases New Facility for Orthopedics & Sports Medicine
ACL Injury Researcher Receives National Institutes of Health AwardWritten by Laura Dyrda | Tuesday, 13 March 2012 14:54
Lynn Snyder-Mackler, professor of physical therapy at the University of Delaware, has received the Method to Extend Research in Time Award from the National Institutes of Health for her work on evidence-based approaches to the rehabilitation of knee injuries.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Most Read - Sports Medicine
- 10 thoughts and statistics on medical malpractice claims against orthopedists
- Drs. Neal ElAttrache, Steve Jordan & Luga Podesta share their thoughts on the future of UCL reconstruction
- Sports medicine physicians maneuver a balancing act: Athletico Founder Mark Kaufman on clearly articulating expectations with athletes
- Dr. Nikhil Verma to head sports medicine division at Chicago's Rush University Medical Center
- Why this orthopedic surgeon left the field after 30 years — for the medical marijuana boom
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- 22 spine surgeon leadership awards | 2016
- Has Xenco Medical Ushered in the Future of Spine Surgery?
- Zimmer Biomet, Stryker, J&J & more: 26 key notes — AAOS edition
- Dr. James Andrews #5 among richest doctors in the world: 6 points
- Beyond the device: How DePuy Synthes is innovating in orthopedic & spine technology
- Orthopedic surgeons generate $2.7M for affiliated hospitals; 5.5 times what they make — 5 survey findings
- Dr. Kevin Pauza unsurprised with Tiger Woods' slow back surgery recovery: 5 insights
- CJR bundles to pay $25k per episode: 8 statistics on cost breakdown
- Top 10 highest-earning physician specialties — Orthopedics leads for 6th consecutive year
- Novel technologies make a splash in outpatient spine setting — Dr. Nick Shamie weighs in
- PODs under attack again: 5 key notes from the Senate Finance Committee's report
- Where global spine market leaders are headed: 7 key notes on Medtronic, DePuy Synthes, Stryker & more
- 6 statistics on orthopedic surgeon compensation — Which practice setting pays most?
- 21 smart spine surgeons with gifted business minds
- CMS's lowest vs. highest-paid physicians: 5 key points
- Consumer Reports: 34 top-rated US hospitals for hip replacements
- Top 12 most-liked spine surgeons on the internet
- Dr. George Rappard performs 1st US MIS procedure with Sony heads-up display: 5 observations
- Siemens, Ziehm, GE, Hologic, OrthoScan & Medtronic: 26 O-arm & C-arm systems
- Which 4 emerging trends will drive the global spine surgery market?
- Orthopedic surgeons leave Salina Regional over on-call payment dispute: 5 things to know
- Andrews Institute adds regenerative medicine, stem cell center: 5 things to know
- Annual & hourly orthopedic surgeon salary — 10 latest statistics
- ISSCR updates stem cell research guidelines; warns against stem cell medical tourism — 5 insights
- The low hanging fruit of HIPAA compliance: 8 best practices
- Zimmer Biomet to acquire LDR in $1B transaction — 9 things to know
- The great PA debate: Should spine surgeons hire them?
- Surgeon entrepreneur: Dr. Kern Singh's quest to make lateral spine surgery more accessible
- Trusting a robot — Dr. Juan Torres-Reveron on performing 1st US ROSA Spine surgery
- MIS spine's promising future — Key insights from SMISS President Dr. Greg Anderson
- 87% of solo practitioners to face MIPS penalty in 2019 — 6 statistics on how Medicare's new payment model may impact solo physicians & small practices
- How Responsive Orthopedics defied the industry norm to make knee, hip devices more affordable — 6 key insights
- Paradigm Spine pays $585k in False Claims Act settlement; denies allegations: 5 things to know
- 12 statistics on social media's presence in the healthcare space
- 5 key notes on the Zimmer Biomet-LDR acquisition & its impact on Texas
- UPMC to pay $2.5M+ to settle neurosurgery-related False Claims Act violation allegations: 7 things to know
- Bundled payments to account for 30%-45% of spine reimbursement in 3 years: 4 insights
- More than half of hospital orthopedic programs unprepared for CMS joint replacement program: 7 takeaways
- US News & World Report: Top 10 hospitals for orthopedics
- 5 key points on Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush's bundled payments making healthcare affordable & transparent