Dr. Thongtrangan completed his medical residency at Medical College of Virginia. His additional training includes a neurosurgical spine and peripheral nerve reconstruction fellowship at Stanford University Medical Center in Palo Alto, Calif., and a spine fellowship at Texas Back Institute in Plano.
Dr. Thongtrangan also underwent orthopedic trauma fellowship training at Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center and training in total joint reconstruction at the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis.
Related Articles on Spine Surgeons:
Neurologist Joins Atlantic Orthopedic and Reconstructive Center
Laser Spine Institute's Zoltan Bereczki Performs 3k Endoscopic Spine Surgeries
Neurosurgeon Alexander Mason Recognized by Patients' Choice
Spine Surgeon Dr. Issada Thongtrangan Joins Orthopaedic and Spine Institute in San AntonioWritten by Laura Dyrda | Tuesday, 22 November 2011 15:59
The Orthopaedic and Spine Institute in San Antonio recently welcomed spine surgeon Issada Thongtrangan, MD, according to a practice news release.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Most Read - Spine
- Top 12 most-liked spine surgeons on the internet
- 21 smart spine surgeons with gifted business minds
- Dr. James Manzanares performs Seaside Surgery Center's 1st outpatient spinal surgery: 5 highlights
- Spine & Neurosurgery Associates files suit against insurer for denied reimbursement request: 5 things to know
- Minimally invasive vs. open spinal fusion: 6 key notes on cost & quality
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- Medtronic, Stryker, Zimmer Biomet, DePuy Synthes, Smith & Nephew: Who had the best 2015? 32 things to know
- Justice Department investigates pain compounding cream for $500M potential fraud: 5 things to know
- Physician receives second-degree murder sentence for overprescribing pain medication: 6 key points
- 5 most common reasons orthopedic surgeons are sued
- 22 spine surgeon leadership awards | 2016
- Has Xenco Medical Ushered in the Future of Spine Surgery?
- 10 spine, neurosurgeons on the move in January 2016
- 5 things to know about wearable technology in medicine
- Zimmer Biomet, Stryker, J&J & more: 26 key notes — AAOS edition
- Dr. James Andrews #5 among richest doctors in the world: 6 points
- Stryker, Titan Spine, ConforMIS & more: 16 key notes
- 5 ways big data will affect healthcare providers in 2016 & beyond
- Surgical tech sues Yale-New Haven Hospital surgeon after OR altercation — 5 key notes
- Bundled payments, consolidation & more: How OrthoVirginia is building a future-facing empire
- Beyond the device: How DePuy Synthes is innovating in orthopedic & spine technology
- Orthopedic surgeons generate $2.7M for affiliated hospitals; 5.5 times what they make — 5 survey findings
- CJR bundles to pay $25k per episode: 8 statistics on cost breakdown
- The best way to prepare for the future in spine: Dr. Hyun Bae
- 15 statistics on orthopedic surgeon starting salaries
- Top 10 highest-earning physician specialties — Orthopedics leads for 6th consecutive year
- The entrepreneur mindset: How an MBA opened doors for one spine surgeon's practice
- Dr. Kevin Pauza unsurprised with Tiger Woods' slow back surgery recovery: 5 insights
- 13 statistics on neurosurgeon salary in 2016
- The growth of outpatient spine — 9 Key Points
- 6 statistics on orthopedic surgeon compensation — Which practice setting pays most?
- PODs under attack again: 5 key notes from the Senate Finance Committee's report
- Top 5 EHR vendors to partner with in 2016
- Novel technologies make a splash in outpatient spine setting — Dr. Nick Shamie weighs in
- Where global spine market leaders are headed: 7 key notes on Medtronic, DePuy Synthes, Stryker & more
- Should medical device companies advertise direct to consumers?
- CMS's lowest vs. highest-paid physicians: 5 key points
- 5 trends in complex spine surgery
- Orthopedic surgeons leave Salina Regional over on-call payment dispute: 5 things to know
- Andrews Institute adds regenerative medicine, stem cell center: 5 things to know
- ISSCR updates stem cell research guidelines; warns against stem cell medical tourism — 5 insights
- Siemens, Ziehm, GE, Hologic, OrthoScan & Medtronic: 26 O-arm & C-arm systems
- Which 4 emerging trends will drive the global spine surgery market?
- Dr. George Rappard performs 1st US MIS procedure with Sony heads-up display: 5 observations
- Long Island physician faces drug charges following patient death — 5 things to know
- The low hanging fruit of HIPAA compliance: 8 best practices