Here are five things to know:
1. NuVasive launched Reline, a new product portfolio to break into the estimated $100 million U.S. spine trauma fixation market, which has a 5.6 percent current growth rate.
2. The Reline Trauma line is designed for surgeons to customize their approach intraoperatively to use maximum access surgery or hybrid procedures depending on the pathology.
3. Surgeons can perform the procedure as a single surgeon instead of two because the system has a dual rack design that can achieve independent lordosis restoration and parallel compression/distraction for ligamentotaxis.
4. The Reline Trauma Fracture Frame instrumentation allows for controlled fracture correction throughout the procedure with or without a rod present in the construct. The system also gives physicians the ability to place various rod diameters and use the material of their choice before or after the correction.
5. NuVasive Computer Assisted Technologies such as NVM5, NuvaLine, NuvaMap and NuvaMap O.R. integrate with the Reline Trauma.
"The launch of Reline Trauma is a key milestone in our continued commitment to industry leading innovation that delivers untapped clinical and economic value for our surgeon partners," said Jason Hannon, president and COO of NuVasive. "Reline Trauma will help define the standard of trauma care for the spine with its ability to dramatically reduce time and provide complete versatility intraoperatively."