SCOLIOSCORE Predicts Chances of Spinal Curvature in Young Patients at North Carolina ClinicWritten by Laura Dyrda | Thursday, 15 July 2010 15:46
SCOLISCORE, a test developed by DePuy Spine, detects gene patterns typically found in patients with scoliosis or spinal curvature and can predict a young patient's potential for spine disorders, according to a Wake County news report.
The test is available at The Pediatric Spine Service at Raleigh Orthopaedic Clinic in Raleigh, North Carolina. A SCOLIOSCORE provides a numeric value to the correlation between a patient's gene pattern and the gene pattern of other patients with spinal curvature.
The test is performed by using the patient's saliva sample. A SCOLIOSCORE is most effective with patients aged nine to thirteen who have curves under 25 degrees.
Read the Wake County report on SCOLIOSCORE.
Read other coverage on scoliosis.
-New Scoliosis Procedure Performed in Texas
-DePuy Spine Launches EXPEDIUM Vertebral Body Derotation Instrument Set
-US Spine Launches Preference 2 Pedicle Screw System
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Most Read - Spine
- 15 spine surgeons discuss techniques revolutionizing spine care
- The top-performing spine surgeons have these qualities in common
- AMA presents AANS & CNS Washington Office director with Lifetime Achievement Award: 6 highlights
- 6 spine physicians ranked #1 on Google - 2016
- Dr. Robert Watkins performs spine surgery on Patriots' Rob Gronkowski
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- 20 new MIS spine devices in 2016
- 44 MIS spine devices to know | 2016
- 21 smart spine surgeons with gifted business minds
- Top 12 most-liked spine surgeons on the internet
- Police investigate death of American Spine Center's physician accused in federal kickback scheme: 6 things to know
- Consumer Reports: 34 top-rated US hospitals for hip replacements
- Suicide likely cause of Dr. Sandeep Sherlekar's death, police report shows: 6 things to know
- Dr. George Rappard performs 1st US MIS procedure with Sony heads-up display: 5 observations
- Annual & hourly orthopedic surgeon salary — 10 latest statistics
- Trusting a robot — Dr. Juan Torres-Reveron on performing 1st US ROSA Spine surgery
- 12 statistics on social media's presence in the healthcare space
- 38 female spine surgeon leaders to know
- Dr. Gregory Sherr sues HealthEast, CentraCare & 6 neurosurgeons for allegedly ruining his reputation & career — 6 things to know
- Oregon spine surgeon implicated in $22M lawsuit for paralyzing patient with dropped instrument: 5 things to know
- UPMC to pay $2.5M+ to settle neurosurgery-related False Claims Act violation allegations: 7 things to know
- 4 North Carolina orthopedic practices merge to create EmergeOrtho: 5 key notes
- US News & World Report: Top 10 hospitals for orthopedics
- 7 things to know about Mazor Robotics & Medtronic's plans to roll out Mazor X
- The state of minimally invasive spine surgery: Dr. Frank Phillips on devices, payment & outpatient ASCs
- 11 highest-paying states for orthopedic surgeons: New Jersey tops the list at $494.5k
- Beyond the implant — DePuy Synthes pushes innovation inside & out of the OR
- Zimmer Biomet jumps into robotics with MedTech acquisition: 5 things to know
- 34 latest trends in the global orthopedic devices market
- Orthopedic surgeon Dr. Michael Russin dies following plane crash: 5 key notes
- 21 statistics and facts for orthopedic surgeons — compensation, net worth and more
- Are Stryker's hip implants about to be recalled?
- 19 more things to know about orthopedic bundled payments — September 2016
- Trump or Hillary? The physicians have voted
- FDA regulation, insurance coverage: Dr. Raj N. Sureja talks challenges in regenerative medicine
- Do you know what patients really care about when choosing a spine surgeon?
- 13 facts and statistics on Baby Boomers for spine surgeons to know
- 5 trends for orthopedic surgeons to watch in 2017
- 3 orthopedic clinics to pay $2.39M to settle False Claims Act allegations: 5 things to know
- Evolutionary vs. revolutionary: The future of surgical devices and spine surgery
- Robotics is here to stay — Drs. Kornelis Poelstra & Dennis Devito on working with Mazor technology
- 10 thoughts and statistics on medical malpractice claims against orthopedists
- UCLA pays $8.5M to settle 2 lawsuits after undisclosed spine surgeon relationship with Medtronic: 5 key notes
- The efficacy of electrical bone stimulators & ultrasound for bone healing — Dr. Mohit Bhandari weighs in with new evidence
- Understanding the Impact of the CMS 2017 ASC Payment Rule on Spine Procedures
- Medtronic, SeaSpine, Zimmer Biomet & more: 17 key notes