The ISASS Leon Wiltse Award for Best Overall Paper, sponsored by Hansen Yuan, MD, and his wife, was given to S.L. Parker, S. Godil, S. Mendenhall, S. Zuckerman, D. Shau and M.J. McGirt for Effectiveness and Cost per Quality Adjusted Life Year Gained from Comprehensive Medical Management of Lumbar Spondylosis.
Naresh Kumar, Y. Chen, Q. Ahmed, V. Lee, R.W.M. Lam and H.K. Wong, authors of Eliminating Tumor Cells from the Cell Saver in Metastatic Spine Tumour Surgery Using a Leucocyte Depletion Filter: Dispelling an Old Myth sponsored by Tom Errico, MD, were given the Kostuik Innovation Award.
The Best Basic Science Paper Award was granted to H.S. An, A. Chee, P. Shi, T.D. Cha, T.H. Kao, S.H. Yang and Y. Zhang for Intervertebral Disc Repair and Regeneration Using Neonatal Human Dermal Fibroblasts in the Rabbit Model.
R. Haughton, M. Thil, A. Sharan, N. Granzella and S. Tang earned the Best Poster Award for Reversing the Dehydration Effects of Advanced Glycated Endproducts Accumulation in the Intervertebral Disc.
More Articles on Spine:
5 Qualities of Spine Center Leaders for Today & Tomorrow
What Spine Surgeons Look for in a Practice: Q&A With Dr. Ram Mudiyam of Hoag Orthopedic Institute
ISASS Names Dr. Luiz Pimenta President
ISASS Names Best Paper Winners FeaturedWritten by Carrie Pallardy | Wednesday, 10 April 2013 18:57
The International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery has announced the best paper winners from ISASS13.Last modified on Wednesday, 10 April 2013 19:55
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Most Read - Spine
- Dr. Robert Blok joins Laser Spine Institute — 4 key points
- Orthopedics and spine — 6 trends for 2016
- Does workers' compensation matter for cervical disc arthroplasty outcomes? 6 key notes
- NY spine surgeries migrating to high-volume centers — 5 key points
- 8 things for spine surgeons to know for Thursday — Jan. 14, 2016
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- Cleveland Clinic standardizes to 2 implant vendors, at least one orthopedic surgeon out
- 22 minimally invasive spine devices to know
- 5 things to know about physician assistant pay
- Becker's Spine Review Channels
- Did this orthopedic surgeon let his PA perform surgery? Dr. Munir Uwaydah faces conspiracy, $150M fraud & aggravated mayhem charges: 6 key notes
- Surface technology for spine devices: Key trends & concepts
- Orthopedic surgeon Dr. Michael Reilly's whistleblower lawsuit results in $69M+ penalty for Broward Health — 7 things to know
- 15 things to know about physician shortages
- 334 spine surgeons to know — 2016
- Current annual & hourly salary rates for orthopedic surgeons: 8 statistics
- Dr. Richard Rooney pleads guilty to undisclosed financial interest, sentenced to prison: 5 things to know
- Dr. Sang-Ho Lee awarded Parviz Kambin award for endoscopic spine surgery at NASS meeting: 5 highlights
- Physician stabbed in Virginia leaving clinic — Attacker wanted more pain meds
- Rumors of a Stryker acquisition of Smith & Nephew swirl once again: 6 key notes
- Stryker recalls 16k+ units of orthopedic products: 5 takeaways
- The future of private practice: Key thoughts from OrthoCarolina CEO Dr. Daniel Murrey
- 5 trends putting the squeeze on surgical practices
- MIS, stem cells, biologics & more: What excites spine surgeons most about the current landscape?
- Transparency in healthcare can work today — Hoag Orthopedic Institute proves it
- Google and Johnson & Johnson to form new surgical company — 4 highlights
- Drs. Troy Caron, Raj Kakarlapudi, Jeff Martin join Laser Spine's surgery centers: 5 key points
- Global spine surgery device market seeing double-digit growth: 5 key points
- 8 surprising topics your spine patients are researching
- The theory behind Geisinger's spine surgery refund
- The ICD-10 deadline is almost upon us — Are spine surgeons ready?
- 5 key trends on Massachusetts physician pay — And what it means for US physicians
- 5 huge reputation management mistakes for surgeons
- Q2 financials: 150 things to know about NuVasive, Stryker, J&J Orthopedics & more
- 5 trends in the medical tourism market
- 10 statistics on neurosurgeon salaries & bonuses
- 10 key notes on the 2016 CMS physician fee schedule
- Stryker director sells 18k shares, following Smith & Nephew acquisition rumors: 7 points
- Intersecting care of spine pain specialists & spine surgeons: Drs. Heidi Prather & Scott Glaser talk pain
- Rothman Institute merges with OrthopaediCare; adds 17 physicians: 4 things to know
- Did Loma Linda's orthopedic device rep-less strategy work? 5 things to know
- Alphatec Spine, LDR, Globus Medical & more — 21 key notes
- Population health on a budget: How one orthopedic surgeon succeeded in Chicago's most impoverished neighborhoods
- Is PEEK cost-effective for spinal surgery? 5 things to know
- 32 hospitals to pay $28M in spine surgery false claims settlement: 5 things to know
- ProDisc-C vs. spinal fusion: Which has better results? 5 key notes