Shriners Hospitals for Children in Portland added an EOS Imaging System to help improve diagnoses for children with spine conditions, such as scoliosis and other deformities.
Hospital for Special Surgery in New York purchased a development site for $31 million, where it plans to expand its campus.
A new unit for orthopedic and spine surgery patients at Scottsdale (Ariz.) Healthcare Thompson Peak Hospital will open early this year. The hospital's orthopedic program includes total joint replacement, orthopedic trauma, pediatric orthopedics and sports medicine.
The surgeons of 3B Orthopaedics have become employees of Aria Health. Booth Bartolozzi Balderson Orthopaedics, which had been an independent practice at Pennsylvania Hospital in Philadelphia, will now move to Aria Health.
Tri-City Medical Center in Oceanside, Calif., purchased its second Renaissance surgical system from Mazor Robotics for robotic-guided spinal surgery, becoming one of the first health systems to own more than one system.
St. Luke's Hospital—Miner's Campus in Coaldale, Pa., announced plans to open a new medical center in Tamaqua featuring outpatient orthopedics and sports medicine.
Four new orthopedic surgeons have joined Lock Haven (Pa.) Hospital.
PinnacleHealth System opened a new orthopedic and spine unit at its Harrisburg (Pa.) Campus.
Meadowlands Hospital Medical Center in Secaucus, N.J., announced the accreditation of its Orthopedic Surgery Residency Program by the American Osteopathic Association. The program is the hospital's first medical residency and will commence in July 2013.
More Articles on Spine:
7 Spine Surgeons With New Leadership Positions
Dr. Christopher Kauffman Joins TriStar Southern Hills Medical Center
5 Beneficial Partnerships for Orthopedic Spine Surgeons
9 Hospitals Expanding Orthopedic and Spine Services FeaturedWritten by Heather Linder | Monday, 18 February 2013 22:22
Here are nine hospitals expanding their orthopedic and spine services.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Most Read - Spine
- Understanding the Impact of the CMS 2017 ASC Payment Rule on Spine Procedures
- 15 spine surgeons discuss techniques revolutionizing spine care
- 26 latest statistics & notes on neurosurgeon salary — Hourly, annual & regional pay
- How 10 spine surgeons are preparing their practice for a Donald Trump presidency
- AMA presents AANS & CNS Washington Office director with Lifetime Achievement Award: 6 highlights
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- 20 new MIS spine devices in 2016
- 21 smart spine surgeons with gifted business minds
- 44 MIS spine devices to know | 2016
- Top 12 most-liked spine surgeons on the internet
- Police investigate death of American Spine Center's physician accused in federal kickback scheme: 6 things to know
- Consumer Reports: 34 top-rated US hospitals for hip replacements
- Suicide likely cause of Dr. Sandeep Sherlekar's death, police report shows: 6 things to know
- Dr. George Rappard performs 1st US MIS procedure with Sony heads-up display: 5 observations
- Zimmer Biomet to acquire LDR in $1B transaction — 9 things to know
- Annual & hourly orthopedic surgeon salary — 10 latest statistics
- Trusting a robot — Dr. Juan Torres-Reveron on performing 1st US ROSA Spine surgery
- 12 statistics on social media's presence in the healthcare space
- 5 key notes on the Zimmer Biomet-LDR acquisition & its impact on Texas
- ISSCR updates stem cell research guidelines; warns against stem cell medical tourism — 5 insights
- 38 female spine surgeon leaders to know
- Dr. Gregory Sherr sues HealthEast, CentraCare & 6 neurosurgeons for allegedly ruining his reputation & career — 6 things to know
- Oregon spine surgeon implicated in $22M lawsuit for paralyzing patient with dropped instrument: 5 things to know
- UPMC to pay $2.5M+ to settle neurosurgery-related False Claims Act violation allegations: 7 things to know
- US News & World Report: Top 10 hospitals for orthopedics
- 4 North Carolina orthopedic practices merge to create EmergeOrtho: 5 key notes
- 7 things to know about Mazor Robotics & Medtronic's plans to roll out Mazor X
- The state of minimally invasive spine surgery: Dr. Frank Phillips on devices, payment & outpatient ASCs
- 'Spare the scalpel' — Dr. Brian Cole sheds light on the future of orthopedic medicine in TEDx Talk
- 11 highest-paying states for orthopedic surgeons: New Jersey tops the list at $494.5k
- Beyond the implant — DePuy Synthes pushes innovation inside & out of the OR
- Zimmer Biomet jumps into robotics with MedTech acquisition: 5 things to know
- Orthopedic surgeon Dr. Michael Russin dies following plane crash: 5 key notes
- 34 latest trends in the global orthopedic devices market
- 21 statistics and facts for orthopedic surgeons — compensation, net worth and more
- 19 more things to know about orthopedic bundled payments — September 2016
- Are Stryker's hip implants about to be recalled?
- Trump or Hillary? The physicians have voted
- FDA regulation, insurance coverage: Dr. Raj N. Sureja talks challenges in regenerative medicine
- Do you know what patients really care about when choosing a spine surgeon?
- 13 facts and statistics on Baby Boomers for spine surgeons to know
- 5 trends for orthopedic surgeons to watch in 2017
- 3 orthopedic clinics to pay $2.39M to settle False Claims Act allegations: 5 things to know
- 10 thoughts and statistics on medical malpractice claims against orthopedists
- Evolutionary vs. revolutionary: The future of surgical devices and spine surgery
- Robotics is here to stay — Drs. Kornelis Poelstra & Dennis Devito on working with Mazor technology