Shriners Hospitals for Children in Portland added an EOS Imaging System to help improve diagnoses for children with spine conditions, such as scoliosis and other deformities.
Hospital for Special Surgery in New York purchased a development site for $31 million, where it plans to expand its campus.
A new unit for orthopedic and spine surgery patients at Scottsdale (Ariz.) Healthcare Thompson Peak Hospital will open early this year. The hospital's orthopedic program includes total joint replacement, orthopedic trauma, pediatric orthopedics and sports medicine.
The surgeons of 3B Orthopaedics have become employees of Aria Health. Booth Bartolozzi Balderson Orthopaedics, which had been an independent practice at Pennsylvania Hospital in Philadelphia, will now move to Aria Health.
Tri-City Medical Center in Oceanside, Calif., purchased its second Renaissance surgical system from Mazor Robotics for robotic-guided spinal surgery, becoming one of the first health systems to own more than one system.
St. Luke's Hospital—Miner's Campus in Coaldale, Pa., announced plans to open a new medical center in Tamaqua featuring outpatient orthopedics and sports medicine.
Four new orthopedic surgeons have joined Lock Haven (Pa.) Hospital.
PinnacleHealth System opened a new orthopedic and spine unit at its Harrisburg (Pa.) Campus.
Meadowlands Hospital Medical Center in Secaucus, N.J., announced the accreditation of its Orthopedic Surgery Residency Program by the American Osteopathic Association. The program is the hospital's first medical residency and will commence in July 2013.
More Articles on Spine:
7 Spine Surgeons With New Leadership Positions
Dr. Christopher Kauffman Joins TriStar Southern Hills Medical Center
5 Beneficial Partnerships for Orthopedic Spine Surgeons
9 Hospitals Expanding Orthopedic and Spine Services FeaturedWritten by Heather Linder | Monday, 18 February 2013 22:22
Here are nine hospitals expanding their orthopedic and spine services.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Most Read - Spine
- Hospital employment vs. independent practice: 5 spine surgeons weigh in
- The endless possibilities in spine biologics, artificial disc & outpatient procedures
- 5 things to know about Medicare charges for cervical spine surgery
- Drs. Troy Caron, Raj Kakarlapudi, Jeff Martin join Laser Spine's surgery centers: 5 key points
- NYU Langone welcomes Dr. R. Shay Bess as head of adult spinal deformity: 7 key notes
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- 12 statistics on neurosurgeon salary in 2015
- North American Spine brings in two new procedures — 5 things to know
- Drs. Larry Lenke, Daniel Riew, Ronald Lehman leaving St. Louis for NYC — 5 things to know
- DePuy Synthes, Stryker, Zimmer, Medtronic lead global orthopedics now — 8 key notes on where they're headed
- Bundled spine surgery for Walmart, Lowe's employees — 6 things to know
- Medtronic is headed for strong 2015 — 8 reasons why
- 15 things to know about Zimmer Biomet
- 20 Spine Surgeon Leadership Awards | 2015
- 25 Spine Device Awards | 2015
- Neurosurgeon named in counterfeit spinal implant lawsuit — 5 things to know
- 10 spine, orthopedic surgeon tech entrepreneurs to know
- A differentiated approach in lateral spine surgery: Oblique lateral interbody fusion (OLIF at L2-L5)
- Top 10 specialties with highest pay — Orthopedists lead the pack
- Zimmer voluntarily recalls knee device
- Safeguards to Prevent Neurologic Complications after Epidural Steroid Injections: Analysis of Evidence and Lack of Applicability of Controversial Policies
- 6 spine physicians ranked #1 on Google
- Dr. Aria Sabit pleads guilty to unnecessary spine surgery, faces 11+ years in prison — 5 things to know
- Northwestern's Feinberg School of Medicine neurological surgery chief Dr. Andrew Parsa dies
- Is the Zimmer-Biomet closed merger finally around the corner? 5 things to know
- Dr. Neal ElAttrache to perform Manny Pacquiao's shoulder surgery: 5 things to know
- Spinal fusion vs. disc replacement: Which costs more? 5 key notes
- Another spine surgeon named in "fake implants" lawsuit — This time in Maryland: 5 key notes
- Medtronic pays 8 physicians $1M+: 5 key notes
- Building an empire: How Dr. Douglas Won created a physician-led health system
- Zimmer Q1 sales drop 2.3%, Biomet merger still not final — 10 things to know
- 55 statistics and issues for neurosurgeons and orthopedic spine surgeons — compensation, global device market and more
- How The CORE Institute grew 40% last quarter — IT leads the way
- UPMC's Dr. Tanya Hagen dies at age 45
- Is Smith & Nephew's cost-conscious strategy working? 5 key notes
- Johnson & Johnson (J&J) sells Cordis line for $1.9B: What it could mean for DePuy Synthes
- Hospitals face 4 lawsuits in connection with unnecessary spine surgeries case — 6 things to know
- How high-energy spine surgeons start their day — 5 things to know
- Spinal deformity surgery — On the cutting edge with Drs. Isador Lieberman, Suken Shah
- Dr. Ziya Gokaslan to leave Johns Hopkins for Rhode Island Hospital
- Cervical disc replacement Mobi-C vs. spinal fusion: Are there advantages to one? 6 key notes
- Medtronic facing product liability lawsuit over Infuse once more: 9 things to know
- Hospital for Special Surgery names Dr. Frank Schwab spine service chief — 5 things to know
- 5 statistics on orthopedic surgeon net worth
- Patient sues troubled orthopedic surgeon for malpractice — 7 things to know
- 10 trends in the spinal fusion market