Shriners Hospitals for Children in Portland added an EOS Imaging System to help improve diagnoses for children with spine conditions, such as scoliosis and other deformities.
Hospital for Special Surgery in New York purchased a development site for $31 million, where it plans to expand its campus.
A new unit for orthopedic and spine surgery patients at Scottsdale (Ariz.) Healthcare Thompson Peak Hospital will open early this year. The hospital's orthopedic program includes total joint replacement, orthopedic trauma, pediatric orthopedics and sports medicine.
The surgeons of 3B Orthopaedics have become employees of Aria Health. Booth Bartolozzi Balderson Orthopaedics, which had been an independent practice at Pennsylvania Hospital in Philadelphia, will now move to Aria Health.
Tri-City Medical Center in Oceanside, Calif., purchased its second Renaissance surgical system from Mazor Robotics for robotic-guided spinal surgery, becoming one of the first health systems to own more than one system.
St. Luke's Hospital—Miner's Campus in Coaldale, Pa., announced plans to open a new medical center in Tamaqua featuring outpatient orthopedics and sports medicine.
Four new orthopedic surgeons have joined Lock Haven (Pa.) Hospital.
PinnacleHealth System opened a new orthopedic and spine unit at its Harrisburg (Pa.) Campus.
Meadowlands Hospital Medical Center in Secaucus, N.J., announced the accreditation of its Orthopedic Surgery Residency Program by the American Osteopathic Association. The program is the hospital's first medical residency and will commence in July 2013.
More Articles on Spine:
7 Spine Surgeons With New Leadership Positions
Dr. Christopher Kauffman Joins TriStar Southern Hills Medical Center
5 Beneficial Partnerships for Orthopedic Spine Surgeons
9 Hospitals Expanding Orthopedic and Spine Services FeaturedWritten by Heather Linder | Monday, 18 February 2013 22:22
Here are nine hospitals expanding their orthopedic and spine services.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Most Read - Spine
- Behind bars for fraud: Neurosurgeon Dr. Aria Sabit receives nearly 20-year prison sentence — 8 key insights
- 10 most popular spine stories of 2016
- Physician-owned ASCs driving lumbar spine fusion market growth — 4 things to know
- 40 statistics on spine surgeon and neurosurgeon pay
- Dr. Allan Friedman to perform spine surgery on Duke's Mike Krzyzewski: 5 key notes
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- 20 new MIS spine devices in 2016
- 44 MIS spine devices to know | 2016
- Police investigate death of American Spine Center's physician accused in federal kickback scheme: 6 things to know
- Suicide likely cause of Dr. Sandeep Sherlekar's death, police report shows: 6 things to know
- 12 statistics on social media's presence in the healthcare space
- 38 female spine surgeon leaders to know
- Dr. Gregory Sherr sues HealthEast, CentraCare & 6 neurosurgeons for allegedly ruining his reputation & career — 6 things to know
- US News & World Report: Top 10 hospitals for orthopedics
- Oregon spine surgeon implicated in $22M lawsuit for paralyzing patient with dropped instrument: 5 things to know
- 7 things to know about Mazor Robotics & Medtronic's plans to roll out Mazor X
- 11 highest-paying states for orthopedic surgeons: New Jersey tops the list at $494.5k
- Beyond the implant — DePuy Synthes pushes innovation inside & out of the OR
- 21 statistics and facts for orthopedic surgeons — compensation, net worth and more
- The state of minimally invasive spine surgery: Dr. Frank Phillips on devices, payment & outpatient ASCs
- Are Stryker's hip implants about to be recalled?
- Understanding the Impact of the CMS 2017 ASC Payment Rule on Spine Procedures
- 19 more things to know about orthopedic bundled payments — September 2016
- Trump or Hillary? The physicians have voted
- 5 trends for orthopedic surgeons to watch in 2017
- 15 spine surgeons discuss techniques revolutionizing spine care
- FDA regulation, insurance coverage: Dr. Raj N. Sureja talks challenges in regenerative medicine
- Do you know what patients really care about when choosing a spine surgeon?
- Robotics is here to stay — Drs. Kornelis Poelstra & Dennis Devito on working with Mazor technology
- Medtronic, SeaSpine, Zimmer Biomet & more: 17 key notes
- 3 orthopedic clinics to pay $2.39M to settle False Claims Act allegations: 5 things to know
- 33 of the largest orthopedic groups in the US by number of physicians
- 10 thoughts and statistics on medical malpractice claims against orthopedists
- UCLA pays $8.5M to settle 2 lawsuits after undisclosed spine surgeon relationship with Medtronic: 5 key notes
- 4 of the most pressing challenges orthopedic surgeons face in 2017
- 5 largest orthopedic companies have 61% of market share
- What not to wear — Physician's attire elicits mixed responses in outpatient orthopedic centers
- 6 spine physicians ranked #1 on Google - 2016
- 8 spine codes CMS proposes for ASC coverage in 2017
- Dr. Robert Watkins performs spine surgery on Patriots' Rob Gronkowski
- Orthopedic residency programs violate Match Code of Conduct: 6 things to know
- 8 biggest stories in 2016's spine market — Acquisitions, lawsuits, bundled payments & more
- The science of healthcare delivery: 10 thoughts on the future structure of healthcare organizations
- Dr. Jonathan Falakassa joins Southern California Orthopedic Institute: 5 key notes
- The role of the surgical microscope in modern MIS spine — Drs. K.D. Riew, Michael Mayer, Roger Härtl & Mohd Hisam Muhamad Ariffin share their experiences
- Beyond oral opioids — Spinal cord stimulators, targeted drug delivery & the future of pain management