Shriners Hospitals for Children in Portland added an EOS Imaging System to help improve diagnoses for children with spine conditions, such as scoliosis and other deformities.
Hospital for Special Surgery in New York purchased a development site for $31 million, where it plans to expand its campus.
A new unit for orthopedic and spine surgery patients at Scottsdale (Ariz.) Healthcare Thompson Peak Hospital will open early this year. The hospital's orthopedic program includes total joint replacement, orthopedic trauma, pediatric orthopedics and sports medicine.
The surgeons of 3B Orthopaedics have become employees of Aria Health. Booth Bartolozzi Balderson Orthopaedics, which had been an independent practice at Pennsylvania Hospital in Philadelphia, will now move to Aria Health.
Tri-City Medical Center in Oceanside, Calif., purchased its second Renaissance surgical system from Mazor Robotics for robotic-guided spinal surgery, becoming one of the first health systems to own more than one system.
St. Luke's Hospital—Miner's Campus in Coaldale, Pa., announced plans to open a new medical center in Tamaqua featuring outpatient orthopedics and sports medicine.
Four new orthopedic surgeons have joined Lock Haven (Pa.) Hospital.
PinnacleHealth System opened a new orthopedic and spine unit at its Harrisburg (Pa.) Campus.
Meadowlands Hospital Medical Center in Secaucus, N.J., announced the accreditation of its Orthopedic Surgery Residency Program by the American Osteopathic Association. The program is the hospital's first medical residency and will commence in July 2013.
More Articles on Spine:
7 Spine Surgeons With New Leadership Positions
Dr. Christopher Kauffman Joins TriStar Southern Hills Medical Center
5 Beneficial Partnerships for Orthopedic Spine Surgeons
9 Hospitals Expanding Orthopedic and Spine Services FeaturedWritten by Heather Linder | Monday, 18 February 2013 22:22
Here are nine hospitals expanding their orthopedic and spine services.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Most Read - Spine
- Dr. Richard Rooney pleads guilty to undisclosed financial interest, sentenced to prison: 5 things to know
- Defining value in spine: Improved outcomes & cost reduction
- Patient sues spine surgeon, Northwestern Memorial alleging negligence: 5 things to know
- MIS, stem cells, biologics & more: What excites spine surgeons most about the current landscape?
- Patient sues Blue Shield of California over denied artificial disc replacement: 5 key notes
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- DePuy Synthes, Stryker, Zimmer, Medtronic lead global orthopedics now — 8 key notes on where they're headed
- 15 things to know about Zimmer Biomet
- 20 Spine Surgeon Leadership Awards | 2015
- A differentiated approach in lateral spine surgery: Oblique lateral interbody fusion (OLIF at L2-L5)
- 25 Spine Device Awards | 2015
- Neurosurgeon named in counterfeit spinal implant lawsuit — 5 things to know
- Top 10 specialties with highest pay — Orthopedists lead the pack
- 6 spine physicians ranked #1 on Google
- Dr. Aria Sabit pleads guilty to unnecessary spine surgery, faces 11+ years in prison — 5 things to know
- 55 statistics and issues for neurosurgeons and orthopedic spine surgeons — compensation, global device market and more
- Is the Zimmer-Biomet closed merger finally around the corner? 5 things to know
- Medtronic pays 8 physicians $1M+: 5 key notes
- Dr. Neal ElAttrache to perform Manny Pacquiao's shoulder surgery: 5 things to know
- Another spine surgeon named in "fake implants" lawsuit — This time in Maryland: 5 key notes
- Spinal fusion vs. disc replacement: Which costs more? 5 key notes
- Northwestern's Feinberg School of Medicine neurological surgery chief Dr. Andrew Parsa dies
- Zimmer Q1 sales drop 2.3%, Biomet merger still not final — 10 things to know
- How The CORE Institute grew 40% last quarter — IT leads the way
- Is Smith & Nephew's cost-conscious strategy working? 5 key notes
- UPMC's Dr. Tanya Hagen dies at age 45
- Medtronic facing product liability lawsuit over Infuse once more: 9 things to know
- Hospitals face 4 lawsuits in connection with unnecessary spine surgeries case — 6 things to know
- How high-energy spine surgeons start their day — 5 things to know
- Grand jury indicts troubled Texas spine surgeon — 5 key notes
- 5 statistics on orthopedic surgeon net worth
- Patient sues troubled orthopedic surgeon for malpractice — 7 things to know
- Cervical disc replacement Mobi-C vs. spinal fusion: Are there advantages to one? 6 key notes
- Spinal deformity surgery — On the cutting edge with Drs. Isador Lieberman, Suken Shah
- 23 statistics for orthopedic surgeons — compensation, net worth & more
- Hospital for Special Surgery names Dr. Frank Schwab spine service chief — 5 things to know
- 10 trends in the spinal fusion market
- Brigham and Women's Hospital names Dr. James Kang orthopedics chairman: 6 key facts
- 8 ways to improve your patient experience
- The future of orthopedics: ACOs, bundled payments, gain-sharing & the advantage in change
- 8 reasons why things are looking up for Amedica
- Minimally invasive spine surgery — Current trends & topics
- The best vacation spots for spine surgeons
- Cleveland Clinic standardizes to 2 implant vendors, at least one orthopedic surgeon out
- Spine surgery in a value-based world: Dr. Jed Vanichkachorn on spine bundled payments
- 22 things to know about Stryker