Shriners Hospitals for Children in Portland added an EOS Imaging System to help improve diagnoses for children with spine conditions, such as scoliosis and other deformities.
Hospital for Special Surgery in New York purchased a development site for $31 million, where it plans to expand its campus.
A new unit for orthopedic and spine surgery patients at Scottsdale (Ariz.) Healthcare Thompson Peak Hospital will open early this year. The hospital's orthopedic program includes total joint replacement, orthopedic trauma, pediatric orthopedics and sports medicine.
The surgeons of 3B Orthopaedics have become employees of Aria Health. Booth Bartolozzi Balderson Orthopaedics, which had been an independent practice at Pennsylvania Hospital in Philadelphia, will now move to Aria Health.
Tri-City Medical Center in Oceanside, Calif., purchased its second Renaissance surgical system from Mazor Robotics for robotic-guided spinal surgery, becoming one of the first health systems to own more than one system.
St. Luke's Hospital—Miner's Campus in Coaldale, Pa., announced plans to open a new medical center in Tamaqua featuring outpatient orthopedics and sports medicine.
Four new orthopedic surgeons have joined Lock Haven (Pa.) Hospital.
PinnacleHealth System opened a new orthopedic and spine unit at its Harrisburg (Pa.) Campus.
Meadowlands Hospital Medical Center in Secaucus, N.J., announced the accreditation of its Orthopedic Surgery Residency Program by the American Osteopathic Association. The program is the hospital's first medical residency and will commence in July 2013.
More Articles on Spine:
7 Spine Surgeons With New Leadership Positions
Dr. Christopher Kauffman Joins TriStar Southern Hills Medical Center
5 Beneficial Partnerships for Orthopedic Spine Surgeons
9 Hospitals Expanding Orthopedic and Spine Services FeaturedWritten by Heather Linder | Monday, 18 February 2013 22:22
Here are nine hospitals expanding their orthopedic and spine services.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Most Read - Spine
- 22 spine surgeon leadership awards | 2016
- MIS spine's promising future — Key insights from SMISS President Dr. Greg Anderson
- Managing chronic back pain: 6 things to know about National Pain Strategy
- AANS appoints Dr. Frederick Boop president — 7 highlights
- Surgeon entrepreneur: Dr. Kern Singh's quest to make lateral spine surgery more accessible
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- 336 spine surgeons to know — 2016
- Rumors of a Stryker acquisition of Smith & Nephew swirl once again: 6 key notes
- Google and Johnson & Johnson to form new surgical company — 4 highlights
- Medtronic, Stryker, Zimmer Biomet, DePuy Synthes, Smith & Nephew: Who had the best 2015? 32 things to know
- Did Loma Linda's orthopedic device rep-less strategy work? 5 things to know
- 5 huge reputation management mistakes for surgeons
- Stryker director sells 18k shares, following Smith & Nephew acquisition rumors: 7 points
- Is the Johnson & Johnson job cut an ominous sign for the medical device industry? 5 key thoughts
- Smith & Nephew acquires Blue Belt Technologies — Will Stryker make its move soon? 5 key notes
- Justice Department investigates pain compounding cream for $500M potential fraud: 5 things to know
- Population health on a budget: How one orthopedic surgeon succeeded in Chicago's most impoverished neighborhoods
- Physician receives second-degree murder sentence for overprescribing pain medication: 6 key points
- Looking ahead to 2016: What excites spine surgeons most?
- 5 most common reasons orthopedic surgeons are sued
- 32 hospitals to pay $28M in spine surgery false claims settlement: 5 things to know
- 10 spine, neurosurgeons on the move in January 2016
- North Carolina physician group creates orthopedic bundled payment system — 5 takeaways
- Dr. James Andrews #5 among richest doctors in the world: 6 points
- Dr. Robert Blok joins Laser Spine Institute — 4 key points
- 5 ways big data will affect healthcare providers in 2016 & beyond
- Zimmer Biomet, Stryker, J&J & more: 26 key notes — AAOS edition
- 5 things to know about wearable technology in medicine
- 22 spine surgeon leadership awards | 2016
- Stryker, Titan Spine, ConforMIS & more: 16 key notes
- Surgical tech sues Yale-New Haven Hospital surgeon after OR altercation — 5 key notes
- Orthopedic surgeons generate $2.7M for affiliated hospitals; 5.5 times what they make — 5 survey findings
- CJR bundles to pay $25k per episode: 8 statistics on cost breakdown
- Bundled payments, consolidation & more: How OrthoVirginia is building a future-facing empire
- 15 statistics on orthopedic surgeon starting salaries
- The best way to prepare for the future in spine: Dr. Hyun Bae
- From cost to patient care — The many ways orthopedic bundled payments help hospitals
- Top 10 highest-earning physician specialties — Orthopedics leads for 6th consecutive year
- Beyond the device: How DePuy Synthes is innovating in orthopedic & spine technology
- 6 statistics on orthopedic surgeon compensation — Which practice setting pays most?
- 13 statistics on neurosurgeon salary in 2016
- The entrepreneur mindset: How an MBA opened doors for one spine surgeon's practice
- Orthopedics and spine — 6 trends for 2016
- The growth of outpatient spine — 9 Key Points
- Top 5 EHR vendors to partner with in 2016
- Dr. Kevin Pauza unsurprised with Tiger Woods' slow back surgery recovery: 5 insights