John Liu, MD, has been named director of the spine division at the University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine.
Spine surgeon Benjamin A. Alman, MD, has been named the new chair of orthopedic surgery at Duke University in Durham, N.C.
North American Spine Society named Charles Mick, MD, president and appointed William Watters, MD, as first vice president.
Pennsylvania Orthopaedic Society named spine surgeon Michael Gratch, MD, as its 57th president.
Neurosurgeon Joseph Maroon, MD, was named chairman of the Medical and Scientific Advisory Board for Stemedica Stem Cell Technologies.
Aurora Spine named retired orthopedic spine surgeon Raymond Linovitz, MD, to its Advisory Board.
More Articles on Spine Surgeons:
24 Spine Surgeons Discuss Most Exciting Trends for the Future
5 Observations on Spine Surgery Heading to Outpatient Procedures
6 Top Advocacy Issues for North American Spine Society
7 Spine Surgeons With New Leadership Positions FeaturedWritten by Laura Dyrda | Monday, 18 February 2013 22:17
Here are seven spine surgeons who recently assumed new leadership positions.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Most Read - Spine
- 21 smart spine surgeons with gifted business minds
- Top 12 most-liked spine surgeons on the internet
- Endoscopic spine surgery makes it into CMS' 2017 fee schedule proposed rule: 4 things to know
- Dr. James Manzanares performs Seaside Surgery Center's 1st outpatient spinal surgery: 5 highlights
- Minimally invasive vs. open spinal fusion: 6 key notes on cost & quality
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- Medtronic, Stryker, Zimmer Biomet, DePuy Synthes, Smith & Nephew: Who had the best 2015? 32 things to know
- Justice Department investigates pain compounding cream for $500M potential fraud: 5 things to know
- Physician receives second-degree murder sentence for overprescribing pain medication: 6 key points
- 22 spine surgeon leadership awards | 2016
- Has Xenco Medical Ushered in the Future of Spine Surgery?
- 10 spine, neurosurgeons on the move in January 2016
- 5 things to know about wearable technology in medicine
- Zimmer Biomet, Stryker, J&J & more: 26 key notes — AAOS edition
- Dr. James Andrews #5 among richest doctors in the world: 6 points
- Stryker, Titan Spine, ConforMIS & more: 16 key notes
- 5 ways big data will affect healthcare providers in 2016 & beyond
- Surgical tech sues Yale-New Haven Hospital surgeon after OR altercation — 5 key notes
- Bundled payments, consolidation & more: How OrthoVirginia is building a future-facing empire
- Beyond the device: How DePuy Synthes is innovating in orthopedic & spine technology
- Orthopedic surgeons generate $2.7M for affiliated hospitals; 5.5 times what they make — 5 survey findings
- CJR bundles to pay $25k per episode: 8 statistics on cost breakdown
- The best way to prepare for the future in spine: Dr. Hyun Bae
- 15 statistics on orthopedic surgeon starting salaries
- Top 10 highest-earning physician specialties — Orthopedics leads for 6th consecutive year
- Dr. Kevin Pauza unsurprised with Tiger Woods' slow back surgery recovery: 5 insights
- The entrepreneur mindset: How an MBA opened doors for one spine surgeon's practice
- 13 statistics on neurosurgeon salary in 2016
- The growth of outpatient spine — 9 Key Points
- 6 statistics on orthopedic surgeon compensation — Which practice setting pays most?
- PODs under attack again: 5 key notes from the Senate Finance Committee's report
- Novel technologies make a splash in outpatient spine setting — Dr. Nick Shamie weighs in
- Top 5 EHR vendors to partner with in 2016
- Where global spine market leaders are headed: 7 key notes on Medtronic, DePuy Synthes, Stryker & more
- Should medical device companies advertise direct to consumers?
- CMS's lowest vs. highest-paid physicians: 5 key points
- 5 trends in complex spine surgery
- Orthopedic surgeons leave Salina Regional over on-call payment dispute: 5 things to know
- Dr. George Rappard performs 1st US MIS procedure with Sony heads-up display: 5 observations
- Andrews Institute adds regenerative medicine, stem cell center: 5 things to know
- Siemens, Ziehm, GE, Hologic, OrthoScan & Medtronic: 26 O-arm & C-arm systems
- ISSCR updates stem cell research guidelines; warns against stem cell medical tourism — 5 insights
- Which 4 emerging trends will drive the global spine surgery market?
- Annual & hourly orthopedic surgeon salary — 10 latest statistics
- Long Island physician faces drug charges following patient death — 5 things to know
- Consumer Reports: 34 top-rated US hospitals for hip replacements