John Liu, MD, has been named director of the spine division at the University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine.
Spine surgeon Benjamin A. Alman, MD, has been named the new chair of orthopedic surgery at Duke University in Durham, N.C.
North American Spine Society named Charles Mick, MD, president and appointed William Watters, MD, as first vice president.
Pennsylvania Orthopaedic Society named spine surgeon Michael Gratch, MD, as its 57th president.
Neurosurgeon Joseph Maroon, MD, was named chairman of the Medical and Scientific Advisory Board for Stemedica Stem Cell Technologies.
Aurora Spine named retired orthopedic spine surgeon Raymond Linovitz, MD, to its Advisory Board.
More Articles on Spine Surgeons:
24 Spine Surgeons Discuss Most Exciting Trends for the Future
5 Observations on Spine Surgery Heading to Outpatient Procedures
6 Top Advocacy Issues for North American Spine Society
7 Spine Surgeons With New Leadership Positions FeaturedWritten by Laura Dyrda | Monday, 18 February 2013 22:17
Here are seven spine surgeons who recently assumed new leadership positions.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Most Read - Spine
- Spine surgery in a value-based world: Dr. Jed Vanichkachorn on spine bundled payments
- Hospital employment vs. independent practice: 5 spine surgeons weigh in
- The endless possibilities in spine biologics, artificial disc & outpatient procedures
- 5 things to know about Medicare charges for cervical spine surgery
- Dr. Todd Gravori praises stem cells for back pain relief
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- 12 statistics on neurosurgeon salary in 2015
- North American Spine brings in two new procedures — 5 things to know
- Drs. Larry Lenke, Daniel Riew, Ronald Lehman leaving St. Louis for NYC — 5 things to know
- DePuy Synthes, Stryker, Zimmer, Medtronic lead global orthopedics now — 8 key notes on where they're headed
- Bundled spine surgery for Walmart, Lowe's employees — 6 things to know
- Medtronic is headed for strong 2015 — 8 reasons why
- 20 Spine Surgeon Leadership Awards | 2015
- 15 things to know about Zimmer Biomet
- 25 Spine Device Awards | 2015
- Neurosurgeon named in counterfeit spinal implant lawsuit — 5 things to know
- 10 spine, orthopedic surgeon tech entrepreneurs to know
- A differentiated approach in lateral spine surgery: Oblique lateral interbody fusion (OLIF at L2-L5)
- Top 10 specialties with highest pay — Orthopedists lead the pack
- Zimmer voluntarily recalls knee device
- Safeguards to Prevent Neurologic Complications after Epidural Steroid Injections: Analysis of Evidence and Lack of Applicability of Controversial Policies
- 6 spine physicians ranked #1 on Google
- Dr. Aria Sabit pleads guilty to unnecessary spine surgery, faces 11+ years in prison — 5 things to know
- Northwestern's Feinberg School of Medicine neurological surgery chief Dr. Andrew Parsa dies
- Is the Zimmer-Biomet closed merger finally around the corner? 5 things to know
- Dr. Neal ElAttrache to perform Manny Pacquiao's shoulder surgery: 5 things to know
- Spinal fusion vs. disc replacement: Which costs more? 5 key notes
- Another spine surgeon named in "fake implants" lawsuit — This time in Maryland: 5 key notes
- Medtronic pays 8 physicians $1M+: 5 key notes
- Building an empire: How Dr. Douglas Won created a physician-led health system
- Dr. Sanjay Khurana helps rescue Harrison Ford from crashed air plane
- Zimmer Q1 sales drop 2.3%, Biomet merger still not final — 10 things to know
- How The CORE Institute grew 40% last quarter — IT leads the way
- 55 statistics and issues for neurosurgeons and orthopedic spine surgeons — compensation, global device market and more
- UPMC's Dr. Tanya Hagen dies at age 45
- Is Smith & Nephew's cost-conscious strategy working? 5 key notes
- Hospitals face 4 lawsuits in connection with unnecessary spine surgeries case — 6 things to know
- Johnson & Johnson (J&J) sells Cordis line for $1.9B: What it could mean for DePuy Synthes
- How high-energy spine surgeons start their day — 5 things to know
- Spinal deformity surgery — On the cutting edge with Drs. Isador Lieberman, Suken Shah
- Dr. Ziya Gokaslan to leave Johns Hopkins for Rhode Island Hospital
- Cervical disc replacement Mobi-C vs. spinal fusion: Are there advantages to one? 6 key notes
- Medtronic facing product liability lawsuit over Infuse once more: 9 things to know
- Hospital for Special Surgery names Dr. Frank Schwab spine service chief — 5 things to know
- 5 statistics on orthopedic surgeon net worth
- Patient sues troubled orthopedic surgeon for malpractice — 7 things to know