John Liu, MD, has been named director of the spine division at the University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine.
Spine surgeon Benjamin A. Alman, MD, has been named the new chair of orthopedic surgery at Duke University in Durham, N.C.
North American Spine Society named Charles Mick, MD, president and appointed William Watters, MD, as first vice president.
Pennsylvania Orthopaedic Society named spine surgeon Michael Gratch, MD, as its 57th president.
Neurosurgeon Joseph Maroon, MD, was named chairman of the Medical and Scientific Advisory Board for Stemedica Stem Cell Technologies.
Aurora Spine named retired orthopedic spine surgeon Raymond Linovitz, MD, to its Advisory Board.
More Articles on Spine Surgeons:
24 Spine Surgeons Discuss Most Exciting Trends for the Future
5 Observations on Spine Surgery Heading to Outpatient Procedures
6 Top Advocacy Issues for North American Spine Society
7 Spine Surgeons With New Leadership Positions FeaturedWritten by Laura Dyrda | Monday, 18 February 2013 22:17
Here are seven spine surgeons who recently assumed new leadership positions.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Most Read - Spine
- Mentoring the next generation of spine surgeons — Dr. Behrooz Akbarnia gives back by creating two nonprofit foundations
- Spinal fusion for lumbar stenosis: 11 takeaways from 2 studies
- Do spine surgery outcomes meet patient expectations? 5 things to know
- 10 hospitals expanding spine programs — April 17, 2016
- 8 things for spine surgeons to know for Thursday — April 7, 2016
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- 336 spine surgeons to know — 2016
- Rumors of a Stryker acquisition of Smith & Nephew swirl once again: 6 key notes
- Google and Johnson & Johnson to form new surgical company — 4 highlights
- Transparency in healthcare can work today — Hoag Orthopedic Institute proves it
- Stryker director sells 18k shares, following Smith & Nephew acquisition rumors: 7 points
- 5 huge reputation management mistakes for surgeons
- Did Loma Linda's orthopedic device rep-less strategy work? 5 things to know
- Alphatec Spine, LDR, Globus Medical & more — 21 key notes
- Medtronic, Stryker, Zimmer Biomet, DePuy Synthes, Smith & Nephew: Who had the best 2015? 32 things to know
- 10 key notes on the 2016 CMS physician fee schedule
- The theory behind Geisinger's spine surgery refund
- Smith & Nephew acquires Blue Belt Technologies — Will Stryker make its move soon? 5 key notes
- Physician receives second-degree murder sentence for overprescribing pain medication: 6 key points
- Is the Johnson & Johnson job cut an ominous sign for the medical device industry? 5 key thoughts
- Population health on a budget: How one orthopedic surgeon succeeded in Chicago's most impoverished neighborhoods
- Justice Department investigates pain compounding cream for $500M potential fraud: 5 things to know
- 10 Things to know about the Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement (CJR) Model
- 32 hospitals to pay $28M in spine surgery false claims settlement: 5 things to know
- ProDisc-C vs. spinal fusion: Which has better results? 5 key notes
- Looking ahead to 2016: What excites spine surgeons most?
- Dr. R.J. Meagher joins Laser Spine Institute: 5 things to know
- 10 spine, neurosurgeons on the move in January 2016
- 5 most common reasons orthopedic surgeons are sued
- Reducing the cost of spine care: Key thoughts from 4 spine surgeons
- Dr. James Andrews #5 among richest doctors in the world: 6 points
- Dr. Robert Blok joins Laser Spine Institute — 4 key points
- 5 ways big data will affect healthcare providers in 2016 & beyond
- North Carolina physician group creates orthopedic bundled payment system — 5 takeaways
- 5 things to know about wearable technology in medicine
- Zimmer Biomet, Stryker, J&J & more: 26 key notes — AAOS edition
- 15 statistics on orthopedic surgeon starting salaries
- Surgical tech sues Yale-New Haven Hospital surgeon after OR altercation — 5 key notes
- Does universal healthcare in Massachusetts equalize treatment between races in cervical spinal trauma? 5 key notes
- The best way to prepare for the future in spine: Dr. Hyun Bae
- Stryker, Titan Spine, ConforMIS & more: 16 key notes
- CJR bundles to pay $25k per episode: 8 statistics on cost breakdown
- Bundled payments, consolidation & more: How OrthoVirginia is building a future-facing empire
- Top 10 highest-earning physician specialties — Orthopedics leads for 6th consecutive year
- 13 statistics on neurosurgeon salary in 2016
- Orthopedic surgeons generate $2.7M for affiliated hospitals; 5.5 times what they make — 5 survey findings