John Liu, MD, has been named director of the spine division at the University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine.
Spine surgeon Benjamin A. Alman, MD, has been named the new chair of orthopedic surgery at Duke University in Durham, N.C.
North American Spine Society named Charles Mick, MD, president and appointed William Watters, MD, as first vice president.
Pennsylvania Orthopaedic Society named spine surgeon Michael Gratch, MD, as its 57th president.
Neurosurgeon Joseph Maroon, MD, was named chairman of the Medical and Scientific Advisory Board for Stemedica Stem Cell Technologies.
Aurora Spine named retired orthopedic spine surgeon Raymond Linovitz, MD, to its Advisory Board.
More Articles on Spine Surgeons:
24 Spine Surgeons Discuss Most Exciting Trends for the Future
5 Observations on Spine Surgery Heading to Outpatient Procedures
6 Top Advocacy Issues for North American Spine Society
7 Spine Surgeons With New Leadership Positions FeaturedWritten by Laura Dyrda | Monday, 18 February 2013 22:17
Here are seven spine surgeons who recently assumed new leadership positions.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Most Read - Spine
- Which non-patient issues are keeping spine surgeons up at night?
- Defining value in spine: Improved outcomes & cost reduction
- Patient sues spine surgeon, Northwestern Memorial alleging negligence: 5 things to know
- MIS, stem cells, biologics & more: What excites spine surgeons most about the current landscape?
- Patient sues Blue Shield of California over denied artificial disc replacement: 5 key notes
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- DePuy Synthes, Stryker, Zimmer, Medtronic lead global orthopedics now — 8 key notes on where they're headed
- 15 things to know about Zimmer Biomet
- 20 Spine Surgeon Leadership Awards | 2015
- 25 Spine Device Awards | 2015
- A differentiated approach in lateral spine surgery: Oblique lateral interbody fusion (OLIF at L2-L5)
- Neurosurgeon named in counterfeit spinal implant lawsuit — 5 things to know
- Top 10 specialties with highest pay — Orthopedists lead the pack
- 6 spine physicians ranked #1 on Google
- Dr. Aria Sabit pleads guilty to unnecessary spine surgery, faces 11+ years in prison — 5 things to know
- 55 statistics and issues for neurosurgeons and orthopedic spine surgeons — compensation, global device market and more
- Is the Zimmer-Biomet closed merger finally around the corner? 5 things to know
- Dr. Neal ElAttrache to perform Manny Pacquiao's shoulder surgery: 5 things to know
- Medtronic pays 8 physicians $1M+: 5 key notes
- Another spine surgeon named in "fake implants" lawsuit — This time in Maryland: 5 key notes
- Northwestern's Feinberg School of Medicine neurological surgery chief Dr. Andrew Parsa dies
- Spinal fusion vs. disc replacement: Which costs more? 5 key notes
- Zimmer Q1 sales drop 2.3%, Biomet merger still not final — 10 things to know
- How The CORE Institute grew 40% last quarter — IT leads the way
- Is Smith & Nephew's cost-conscious strategy working? 5 key notes
- UPMC's Dr. Tanya Hagen dies at age 45
- Hospitals face 4 lawsuits in connection with unnecessary spine surgeries case — 6 things to know
- Medtronic facing product liability lawsuit over Infuse once more: 9 things to know
- How high-energy spine surgeons start their day — 5 things to know
- Grand jury indicts troubled Texas spine surgeon — 5 key notes
- 5 statistics on orthopedic surgeon net worth
- Spinal deformity surgery — On the cutting edge with Drs. Isador Lieberman, Suken Shah
- Patient sues troubled orthopedic surgeon for malpractice — 7 things to know
- Cervical disc replacement Mobi-C vs. spinal fusion: Are there advantages to one? 6 key notes
- 23 statistics for orthopedic surgeons — compensation, net worth & more
- Hospital for Special Surgery names Dr. Frank Schwab spine service chief — 5 things to know
- 10 trends in the spinal fusion market
- 8 ways to improve your patient experience
- Brigham and Women's Hospital names Dr. James Kang orthopedics chairman: 6 key facts
- The future of orthopedics: ACOs, bundled payments, gain-sharing & the advantage in change
- 8 reasons why things are looking up for Amedica
- Minimally invasive spine surgery — Current trends & topics
- The best vacation spots for spine surgeons
- Spine surgery in a value-based world: Dr. Jed Vanichkachorn on spine bundled payments
- Hospital employment vs. independent practice: 5 spine surgeons weigh in
- 22 things to know about Stryker