Pierce Nunley, MD, Ajay Jawahar, MD, David Cavanaugh, MD, Charles Fordon, MD, Euby Kerr, MD, and Andrew Utter, MD, won for their research paper, "Symptomatic Adjacent Segment Disease Following Cervical Total Disc Replacement: Reexamining the Clinical and Radiological Evidence with Established Criteria."
All physicians work for the Spine Institute of Louisiana and Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center in Shreveport.
The same group of physicians was also recognized by NASS in 2010 for a surgical science paper. The physicians received $10,000, and their research paper will be published in The Spine Journal.
More Articles on Spine:
NASS Members Discuss Health Policy Agendas With Rep. Michael Burgess
Building a Multidisciplinary Spine Practice: Q&A With Dr. Ty Thaiyananthan of BASIC Spine
Meeting Financial & Regulatory Demands of Healthcare Reform: 3 Spine Experts Discuss
NASS Honors LSU Spine Surgeons for Research Paper FeaturedWritten by Heather Linder | Monday, 03 December 2012 16:29
Research physicians from the Spine Institute of Louisiana were honored at the North American Spine Society's annual meeting with the 2012 Outstanding Paper Award for Surgical Science, according to KTBS.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Most Read - Spine
- Behind bars for fraud: Neurosurgeon Dr. Aria Sabit receives nearly 20-year prison sentence — 8 key insights
- 10 most popular spine stories of 2016
- Physician-owned ASCs driving lumbar spine fusion market growth — 4 things to know
- 40 statistics on spine surgeon and neurosurgeon pay
- Dr. Allan Friedman to perform spine surgery on Duke's Mike Krzyzewski: 5 key notes
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- 20 new MIS spine devices in 2016
- 44 MIS spine devices to know | 2016
- Police investigate death of American Spine Center's physician accused in federal kickback scheme: 6 things to know
- Suicide likely cause of Dr. Sandeep Sherlekar's death, police report shows: 6 things to know
- 12 statistics on social media's presence in the healthcare space
- 38 female spine surgeon leaders to know
- Dr. Gregory Sherr sues HealthEast, CentraCare & 6 neurosurgeons for allegedly ruining his reputation & career — 6 things to know
- 4 North Carolina orthopedic practices merge to create EmergeOrtho: 5 key notes
- Oregon spine surgeon implicated in $22M lawsuit for paralyzing patient with dropped instrument: 5 things to know
- US News & World Report: Top 10 hospitals for orthopedics
- 7 things to know about Mazor Robotics & Medtronic's plans to roll out Mazor X
- 11 highest-paying states for orthopedic surgeons: New Jersey tops the list at $494.5k
- UPMC to pay $2.5M+ to settle neurosurgery-related False Claims Act violation allegations: 7 things to know
- Beyond the implant — DePuy Synthes pushes innovation inside & out of the OR
- 21 statistics and facts for orthopedic surgeons — compensation, net worth and more
- The state of minimally invasive spine surgery: Dr. Frank Phillips on devices, payment & outpatient ASCs
- Are Stryker's hip implants about to be recalled?
- Understanding the Impact of the CMS 2017 ASC Payment Rule on Spine Procedures
- 19 more things to know about orthopedic bundled payments — September 2016
- Trump or Hillary? The physicians have voted
- 5 trends for orthopedic surgeons to watch in 2017
- 15 spine surgeons discuss techniques revolutionizing spine care
- FDA regulation, insurance coverage: Dr. Raj N. Sureja talks challenges in regenerative medicine
- Do you know what patients really care about when choosing a spine surgeon?
- Robotics is here to stay — Drs. Kornelis Poelstra & Dennis Devito on working with Mazor technology
- Medtronic, SeaSpine, Zimmer Biomet & more: 17 key notes
- 3 orthopedic clinics to pay $2.39M to settle False Claims Act allegations: 5 things to know
- 10 thoughts and statistics on medical malpractice claims against orthopedists
- 33 of the largest orthopedic groups in the US by number of physicians
- UCLA pays $8.5M to settle 2 lawsuits after undisclosed spine surgeon relationship with Medtronic: 5 key notes
- 4 of the most pressing challenges orthopedic surgeons face in 2017
- 5 largest orthopedic companies have 61% of market share
- What not to wear — Physician's attire elicits mixed responses in outpatient orthopedic centers
- 8 spine codes CMS proposes for ASC coverage in 2017
- 6 spine physicians ranked #1 on Google - 2016
- Dr. Robert Watkins performs spine surgery on Patriots' Rob Gronkowski
- 8 biggest stories in 2016's spine market — Acquisitions, lawsuits, bundled payments & more
- Orthopedic residency programs violate Match Code of Conduct: 6 things to know
- 7 trends in the spine surgical robot market
- The science of healthcare delivery: 10 thoughts on the future structure of healthcare organizations