Pierce Nunley, MD, Ajay Jawahar, MD, David Cavanaugh, MD, Charles Fordon, MD, Euby Kerr, MD, and Andrew Utter, MD, won for their research paper, "Symptomatic Adjacent Segment Disease Following Cervical Total Disc Replacement: Reexamining the Clinical and Radiological Evidence with Established Criteria."
All physicians work for the Spine Institute of Louisiana and Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center in Shreveport.
The same group of physicians was also recognized by NASS in 2010 for a surgical science paper. The physicians received $10,000, and their research paper will be published in The Spine Journal.
More Articles on Spine:
NASS Members Discuss Health Policy Agendas With Rep. Michael Burgess
Building a Multidisciplinary Spine Practice: Q&A With Dr. Ty Thaiyananthan of BASIC Spine
Meeting Financial & Regulatory Demands of Healthcare Reform: 3 Spine Experts Discuss
NASS Honors LSU Spine Surgeons for Research Paper FeaturedWritten by Heather Linder | Monday, 03 December 2012 16:29
Research physicians from the Spine Institute of Louisiana were honored at the North American Spine Society's annual meeting with the 2012 Outstanding Paper Award for Surgical Science, according to KTBS.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Most Read - Spine
- Dr. Gregory Sherr sues HealthEast, CentraCare & 6 neurosurgeons for allegedly ruining his reputation & career — 6 things to know
- 'Surgery is like comfort food for my soul' — Dr. Thomas Scully on being a neurosurgeon in an evolving landscape
- 5 things to know about the American Bar Association's 3rd Medical Device & Healthcare Technology Compliance Institute conference
- 44 MIS spine devices to know; Role of surgical microscope in modern MIS spine & more — 8 stories to know
- 17 spine, neurosurgeons on the move in August 2016
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- 22 spine surgeon leadership awards | 2016
- Has Xenco Medical Ushered in the Future of Spine Surgery?
- Beyond the device: How DePuy Synthes is innovating in orthopedic & spine technology
- Orthopedic surgeons generate $2.7M for affiliated hospitals; 5.5 times what they make — 5 survey findings
- CJR bundles to pay $25k per episode: 8 statistics on cost breakdown
- Top 10 highest-earning physician specialties — Orthopedics leads for 6th consecutive year
- Where global spine market leaders are headed: 7 key notes on Medtronic, DePuy Synthes, Stryker & more
- Novel technologies make a splash in outpatient spine setting — Dr. Nick Shamie weighs in
- 21 smart spine surgeons with gifted business minds
- PODs under attack again: 5 key notes from the Senate Finance Committee's report
- 6 statistics on orthopedic surgeon compensation — Which practice setting pays most?
- Top 12 most-liked spine surgeons on the internet
- Consumer Reports: 34 top-rated US hospitals for hip replacements
- Siemens, Ziehm, GE, Hologic, OrthoScan & Medtronic: 26 O-arm & C-arm systems
- Dr. George Rappard performs 1st US MIS procedure with Sony heads-up display: 5 observations
- Orthopedic surgeons leave Salina Regional over on-call payment dispute: 5 things to know
- Andrews Institute adds regenerative medicine, stem cell center: 5 things to know
- Annual & hourly orthopedic surgeon salary — 10 latest statistics
- Zimmer Biomet to acquire LDR in $1B transaction — 9 things to know
- ISSCR updates stem cell research guidelines; warns against stem cell medical tourism — 5 insights
- The low hanging fruit of HIPAA compliance: 8 best practices
- Trusting a robot — Dr. Juan Torres-Reveron on performing 1st US ROSA Spine surgery
- How Responsive Orthopedics defied the industry norm to make knee, hip devices more affordable — 6 key insights
- Paradigm Spine pays $585k in False Claims Act settlement; denies allegations: 5 things to know
- 87% of solo practitioners to face MIPS penalty in 2019 — 6 statistics on how Medicare's new payment model may impact solo physicians & small practices
- 44 MIS spine devices to know | 2016
- Surgeon entrepreneur: Dr. Kern Singh's quest to make lateral spine surgery more accessible
- 5 key notes on the Zimmer Biomet-LDR acquisition & its impact on Texas
- MIS spine's promising future — Key insights from SMISS President Dr. Greg Anderson
- 12 statistics on social media's presence in the healthcare space
- UPMC to pay $2.5M+ to settle neurosurgery-related False Claims Act violation allegations: 7 things to know
- 20 new MIS spine devices in 2016
- US News & World Report: Top 10 hospitals for orthopedics
- 5 key points on Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush's bundled payments making healthcare affordable & transparent
- Oregon spine surgeon implicated in $22M lawsuit for paralyzing patient with dropped instrument: 5 things to know
- Bundled payments to account for 30%-45% of spine reimbursement in 3 years: 4 insights
- 'Spare the scalpel' — Dr. Brian Cole sheds light on the future of orthopedic medicine in TEDx Talk
- The state of minimally invasive spine surgery: Dr. Frank Phillips on devices, payment & outpatient ASCs
- 4 North Carolina orthopedic practices merge to create EmergeOrtho: 5 key notes
- 7 things to know about Mazor Robotics & Medtronic's plans to roll out Mazor X