Dr. Haworth has performed more than 1,000 navigational spine cases and was involved in the development and introduction of the Stryker Spine Navigation software program. The program provides minimally invasive spine navigation with high resolution 3-D images and little radiation exposure to patients.
Dr. Haworth earned his medical degree from Duke University School of Medicine. He completed an internship in neurosurgery at Los Angeles County University of Southern California and a residency in neurosurgery at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville. He also served as a neurosurgeon at the National Naval Medical Center in Maryland while in the U.S. Navy.
He's the treasurer of the North Carolina Spine Society.
More Articles on Spine:
4 Key Lessons for Opening a Spine ASC
Atlantic Spine Center Offers New Online Evaluation Feature
Developing an Outpatient Spine Business Model for ASCs
Dr. Charles Haworth Joins FirstHealth UNC NeurosurgeryWritten by Heather Linder | Tuesday, 06 November 2012 19:31
Charles Haworth, MD, has joined FirstHealth University of North Carolina Neurosurgery, according to Your Daily Journal.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Most Read - Spine
- ISSCR updates stem cell research guidelines; warns against stem cell medical tourism — 5 insights
- Neurosurgeon Dr. Daniel Aghion joins Memorial Healthcare System — 6 highlights
- 'Keep challenging yourself' & other advice: 5 spine surgeons weigh in on ensuring professional growth
- Are family members of people with ankylosing spondylitis at risk of spondyloarthritis? 5 things to know
- 5 key strategies to bolster spine profitability in the outpatient landscape
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- Medtronic, Stryker, Zimmer Biomet, DePuy Synthes, Smith & Nephew: Who had the best 2015? 32 things to know
- Is the Johnson & Johnson job cut an ominous sign for the medical device industry? 5 key thoughts
- Smith & Nephew acquires Blue Belt Technologies — Will Stryker make its move soon? 5 key notes
- Justice Department investigates pain compounding cream for $500M potential fraud: 5 things to know
- Physician receives second-degree murder sentence for overprescribing pain medication: 6 key points
- 5 most common reasons orthopedic surgeons are sued
- 22 spine surgeon leadership awards | 2016
- 10 spine, neurosurgeons on the move in January 2016
- Has Xenco Medical Ushered in the Future of Spine Surgery?
- Zimmer Biomet, Stryker, J&J & more: 26 key notes — AAOS edition
- 5 things to know about wearable technology in medicine
- Dr. James Andrews #5 among richest doctors in the world: 6 points
- Dr. Robert Blok joins Laser Spine Institute — 4 key points
- 5 ways big data will affect healthcare providers in 2016 & beyond
- Stryker, Titan Spine, ConforMIS & more: 16 key notes
- Surgical tech sues Yale-New Haven Hospital surgeon after OR altercation — 5 key notes
- Bundled payments, consolidation & more: How OrthoVirginia is building a future-facing empire
- Orthopedic surgeons generate $2.7M for affiliated hospitals; 5.5 times what they make — 5 survey findings
- Beyond the device: How DePuy Synthes is innovating in orthopedic & spine technology
- CJR bundles to pay $25k per episode: 8 statistics on cost breakdown
- The best way to prepare for the future in spine: Dr. Hyun Bae
- 15 statistics on orthopedic surgeon starting salaries
- Top 10 highest-earning physician specialties — Orthopedics leads for 6th consecutive year
- The entrepreneur mindset: How an MBA opened doors for one spine surgeon's practice
- 6 statistics on orthopedic surgeon compensation — Which practice setting pays most?
- 13 statistics on neurosurgeon salary in 2016
- Orthopedic surgeon salary in the UK, Canada & Australia: 4 key notes
- The growth of outpatient spine — 9 Key Points
- Orthopedics and spine — 6 trends for 2016
- Dr. Kevin Pauza unsurprised with Tiger Woods' slow back surgery recovery: 5 insights
- Top 5 EHR vendors to partner with in 2016
- PODs under attack again: 5 key notes from the Senate Finance Committee's report
- Novel technologies make a splash in outpatient spine setting — Dr. Nick Shamie weighs in
- Where global spine market leaders are headed: 7 key notes on Medtronic, DePuy Synthes, Stryker & more
- 5 trends in complex spine surgery
- CMS's lowest vs. highest-paid physicians: 5 key points
- NuVasive acquires Ellipse Technologies for $380M: 7 key notes
- Orthopedic surgeons leave Salina Regional over on-call payment dispute: 5 things to know
- Should medical device companies advertise direct to consumers?
- Andrews Institute adds regenerative medicine, stem cell center: 5 things to know