Joshua Auerbach, MD, received the 2012 Kostiuk Innovation Award. He is an adult and pediatric spine and scoliosis surgeon. Dr. Auerbach recently joined the department of orthopaedics at Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center as the chief of spine surgery. He is also an assistant professor of surgery at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in Bronx, N.Y.
Rick Delamarter, MD, won The Charles D. Ray Award for Best Clinical Paper. Dr. Delamarter's paper covered results from a randomized controlled clinical trial using ProDisc-C Total Disc Replacement. He is an orthopedic surgeon and medical director for The Spine Institute in Santa Monica, Calif.
Joseph Marzluff, MD, won best poster, which covered the effects of cervical arthroplasty compared to anterior cervical discectomy and fusion on adjacent level disease. Dr. Marzluff is a neurosurgeon at Trident Medical Center in Charleston, S.C.
Other winners include Donna Ohnmeiss with the Leon Wiltse for Best Overall Paper Award and Ganjun Feng with the Best Basic Science Paper Award.
Sign up for our FREE Spine E-Weekly for more coverage like this sent to your inbox!
More Articles on ISASS:
Dr. Steven Garfin Named New ISASS President
ISASS Expresses Concern for the Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality's Spinal Fusion Review
Interventional Spine Presents Spinal System at ISASS
ISASS Announces Research Paper Award WinnersWritten by Kathleen Roney | Monday, 26 March 2012 21:21
The International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery announced research paper winners at its ISASS12 conference.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Most Read - Spine
- Dr. Robert Blok joins Laser Spine Institute — 4 key points
- Orthopedics and spine — 6 trends for 2016
- Does workers' compensation matter for cervical disc arthroplasty outcomes? 6 key notes
- The growth of outpatient spine — 9 Key Points
- Carilion Clinic opens $32M Institute for Orthopaedics and Neurosciences: 5 things to know
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- Cleveland Clinic standardizes to 2 implant vendors, at least one orthopedic surgeon out
- 22 minimally invasive spine devices to know
- 5 things to know about physician assistant pay
- Becker's Spine Review Channels
- Did this orthopedic surgeon let his PA perform surgery? Dr. Munir Uwaydah faces conspiracy, $150M fraud & aggravated mayhem charges: 6 key notes
- Surface technology for spine devices: Key trends & concepts
- Orthopedic surgeon Dr. Michael Reilly's whistleblower lawsuit results in $69M+ penalty for Broward Health — 7 things to know
- 15 things to know about physician shortages
- 334 spine surgeons to know — 2016
- Current annual & hourly salary rates for orthopedic surgeons: 8 statistics
- Dr. Richard Rooney pleads guilty to undisclosed financial interest, sentenced to prison: 5 things to know
- Dr. Sang-Ho Lee awarded Parviz Kambin award for endoscopic spine surgery at NASS meeting: 5 highlights
- Physician stabbed in Virginia leaving clinic — Attacker wanted more pain meds
- Rumors of a Stryker acquisition of Smith & Nephew swirl once again: 6 key notes
- Stryker recalls 16k+ units of orthopedic products: 5 takeaways
- The future of private practice: Key thoughts from OrthoCarolina CEO Dr. Daniel Murrey
- 5 trends putting the squeeze on surgical practices
- MIS, stem cells, biologics & more: What excites spine surgeons most about the current landscape?
- Transparency in healthcare can work today — Hoag Orthopedic Institute proves it
- Google and Johnson & Johnson to form new surgical company — 4 highlights
- Drs. Troy Caron, Raj Kakarlapudi, Jeff Martin join Laser Spine's surgery centers: 5 key points
- Global spine surgery device market seeing double-digit growth: 5 key points
- The theory behind Geisinger's spine surgery refund
- 8 surprising topics your spine patients are researching
- The ICD-10 deadline is almost upon us — Are spine surgeons ready?
- 5 key trends on Massachusetts physician pay — And what it means for US physicians
- Q2 financials: 150 things to know about NuVasive, Stryker, J&J Orthopedics & more
- 5 huge reputation management mistakes for surgeons
- 5 trends in the medical tourism market
- 10 statistics on neurosurgeon salaries & bonuses
- 10 key notes on the 2016 CMS physician fee schedule
- Stryker director sells 18k shares, following Smith & Nephew acquisition rumors: 7 points
- Intersecting care of spine pain specialists & spine surgeons: Drs. Heidi Prather & Scott Glaser talk pain
- Rothman Institute merges with OrthopaediCare; adds 17 physicians: 4 things to know
- Did Loma Linda's orthopedic device rep-less strategy work? 5 things to know
- Alphatec Spine, LDR, Globus Medical & more — 21 key notes
- Population health on a budget: How one orthopedic surgeon succeeded in Chicago's most impoverished neighborhoods
- Is PEEK cost-effective for spinal surgery? 5 things to know
- 32 hospitals to pay $28M in spine surgery false claims settlement: 5 things to know
- ProDisc-C vs. spinal fusion: Which has better results? 5 key notes