Joshua Auerbach, MD, received the 2012 Kostiuk Innovation Award. He is an adult and pediatric spine and scoliosis surgeon. Dr. Auerbach recently joined the department of orthopaedics at Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center as the chief of spine surgery. He is also an assistant professor of surgery at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in Bronx, N.Y.
Rick Delamarter, MD, won The Charles D. Ray Award for Best Clinical Paper. Dr. Delamarter's paper covered results from a randomized controlled clinical trial using ProDisc-C Total Disc Replacement. He is an orthopedic surgeon and medical director for The Spine Institute in Santa Monica, Calif.
Joseph Marzluff, MD, won best poster, which covered the effects of cervical arthroplasty compared to anterior cervical discectomy and fusion on adjacent level disease. Dr. Marzluff is a neurosurgeon at Trident Medical Center in Charleston, S.C.
Other winners include Donna Ohnmeiss with the Leon Wiltse for Best Overall Paper Award and Ganjun Feng with the Best Basic Science Paper Award.
Sign up for our FREE Spine E-Weekly for more coverage like this sent to your inbox!
More Articles on ISASS:
Dr. Steven Garfin Named New ISASS President
ISASS Expresses Concern for the Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality's Spinal Fusion Review
Interventional Spine Presents Spinal System at ISASS
ISASS Announces Research Paper Award WinnersWritten by Kathleen Roney | Monday, 26 March 2012 21:21
The International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery announced research paper winners at its ISASS12 conference.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Most Read - Spine
- Which non-patient issues are keeping spine surgeons up at night?
- Defining value in spine: Improved outcomes & cost reduction
- Dr. Richard Rooney pleads guilty to undisclosed financial interest, sentenced to prison: 5 things to know
- Patient sues spine surgeon, Northwestern Memorial alleging negligence: 5 things to know
- MIS, stem cells, biologics & more: What excites spine surgeons most about the current landscape?
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- DePuy Synthes, Stryker, Zimmer, Medtronic lead global orthopedics now — 8 key notes on where they're headed
- 15 things to know about Zimmer Biomet
- 20 Spine Surgeon Leadership Awards | 2015
- 25 Spine Device Awards | 2015
- A differentiated approach in lateral spine surgery: Oblique lateral interbody fusion (OLIF at L2-L5)
- Neurosurgeon named in counterfeit spinal implant lawsuit — 5 things to know
- Top 10 specialties with highest pay — Orthopedists lead the pack
- 6 spine physicians ranked #1 on Google
- Dr. Aria Sabit pleads guilty to unnecessary spine surgery, faces 11+ years in prison — 5 things to know
- 55 statistics and issues for neurosurgeons and orthopedic spine surgeons — compensation, global device market and more
- Is the Zimmer-Biomet closed merger finally around the corner? 5 things to know
- Dr. Neal ElAttrache to perform Manny Pacquiao's shoulder surgery: 5 things to know
- Medtronic pays 8 physicians $1M+: 5 key notes
- Another spine surgeon named in "fake implants" lawsuit — This time in Maryland: 5 key notes
- Spinal fusion vs. disc replacement: Which costs more? 5 key notes
- Northwestern's Feinberg School of Medicine neurological surgery chief Dr. Andrew Parsa dies
- Zimmer Q1 sales drop 2.3%, Biomet merger still not final — 10 things to know
- How The CORE Institute grew 40% last quarter — IT leads the way
- Is Smith & Nephew's cost-conscious strategy working? 5 key notes
- UPMC's Dr. Tanya Hagen dies at age 45
- Hospitals face 4 lawsuits in connection with unnecessary spine surgeries case — 6 things to know
- Medtronic facing product liability lawsuit over Infuse once more: 9 things to know
- How high-energy spine surgeons start their day — 5 things to know
- Grand jury indicts troubled Texas spine surgeon — 5 key notes
- 5 statistics on orthopedic surgeon net worth
- Patient sues troubled orthopedic surgeon for malpractice — 7 things to know
- Cervical disc replacement Mobi-C vs. spinal fusion: Are there advantages to one? 6 key notes
- Spinal deformity surgery — On the cutting edge with Drs. Isador Lieberman, Suken Shah
- 23 statistics for orthopedic surgeons — compensation, net worth & more
- Hospital for Special Surgery names Dr. Frank Schwab spine service chief — 5 things to know
- 10 trends in the spinal fusion market
- Brigham and Women's Hospital names Dr. James Kang orthopedics chairman: 6 key facts
- 8 ways to improve your patient experience
- The future of orthopedics: ACOs, bundled payments, gain-sharing & the advantage in change
- 8 reasons why things are looking up for Amedica
- Minimally invasive spine surgery — Current trends & topics
- The best vacation spots for spine surgeons
- Spine surgery in a value-based world: Dr. Jed Vanichkachorn on spine bundled payments
- 22 things to know about Stryker
- Cleveland Clinic standardizes to 2 implant vendors, at least one orthopedic surgeon out