Dr. Tydings is on the cutting edge of technology and performs interbody fusions and minimally invasive spine surgery. He was appointed director of spinal trauma at Capital Health Systems in Trenton in 2003.
He is a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, American College of Surgeons, North American Spine Society and Academy of Medicine of New Jersey.
Dr. Tydings completed his medical degree from Albany Medical College in New York, and he also completed his internship in general surgery and residency in orthopedic surgery at Albany Medical Center Hospital. He completed a spine fellowship at the K.D. Leatherman Spine Center in Louisville, Ky.
He's affiliated with many organizations, including the New Jersey Medical Society, Mercer County Medical Society, New Jersey Spine Society, New Jersey Orthopaedic Society and New Jersey Small Business and Industry Association.
More Articles on Spine Leaders:
Spine Surgeon Leader to Know: Dr. David Okonkwo of the University of Pittsburgh
Spine Surgeon Leader to Know: Dr. Ronald Childs of Commonwealth Orthopaedics
Spine Surgeon Leader to Know: Dr. Sean McCance of Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City
Spine Surgeon Leader to Know: Dr. John Tydings of Central Jersey Spine AssociatesWritten by Heather Linder | Wednesday, 10 October 2012 18:46
John Tydings, MD, is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon who founded Central Jersey Spine Associates in 1995 and dedicated his practice to the treatment of spinal disorders. He's also on staff at all of the Mercer County Hospitals in New Jersey and R.W. Johnson Medical Center in New Brunswick.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- Police investigate death of American Spine Center's physician accused in federal kickback scheme: 6 things to know
- Suicide likely cause of Dr. Sandeep Sherlekar's death, police report shows: 6 things to know
- 38 female spine surgeon leaders to know
- Dr. Gregory Sherr sues HealthEast, CentraCare & 6 neurosurgeons for allegedly ruining his reputation & career — 6 things to know
- 11 highest-paying states for orthopedic surgeons: New Jersey tops the list at $494.5k
- Understanding the Impact of the CMS 2017 ASC Payment Rule on Spine Procedures
- 21 statistics and facts for orthopedic surgeons — compensation, net worth and more
- 19 more things to know about orthopedic bundled payments — September 2016
- Beyond the implant — DePuy Synthes pushes innovation inside & out of the OR
- Are Stryker's hip implants about to be recalled?
- 5 trends for orthopedic surgeons to watch in 2017
- 15 spine surgeons discuss techniques revolutionizing spine care
- FDA regulation, insurance coverage: Dr. Raj N. Sureja talks challenges in regenerative medicine
- 33 of the largest orthopedic groups in the US by number of physicians
- 5 largest orthopedic companies have 61% of market share
- 3 orthopedic clinics to pay $2.39M to settle False Claims Act allegations: 5 things to know
- 4 of the most pressing challenges orthopedic surgeons face in 2017
- What not to wear — Physician's attire elicits mixed responses in outpatient orthopedic centers
- Dr. Robert Watkins performs spine surgery on Patriots' Rob Gronkowski
- 6 spine physicians ranked #1 on Google - 2016
- Orthopedic residency programs violate Match Code of Conduct: 6 things to know
- Behind bars for fraud: Neurosurgeon Dr. Aria Sabit receives nearly 20-year prison sentence — 8 key insights
- The science of healthcare delivery: 10 thoughts on the future structure of healthcare organizations
- 8 biggest stories in 2016's spine market — Acquisitions, lawsuits, bundled payments & more
- Dr. Jonathan Falakassa joins Southern California Orthopedic Institute: 5 key notes
- Wal-Mart adds Mayo Clinic to spine centers of excellence, 50% copay for out-of-network care
- Medtronic, Stryker and Smith & Nephew dominate MIS instruments market — 6 observations
- 7 trends in healthcare digital transformation
- Dr. Angus McBryde Jr. passes away after car accident: 4 things to know
- Dr. Robert Watkins performs spinal disc surgery on Houston Texans' J.J. Watt: 4 notes
- 'Surgery is like comfort food for my soul' — Dr. Thomas Scully on being a neurosurgeon in an evolving landscape
- Dr. Robert Spetzler to resign as Barrow Neurological Institute's president, CEO; Dr. Michael Lawton to take helm — 5 things to know
- 26 latest statistics & notes on neurosurgeon salary — Hourly, annual & regional pay
- An innovation powerhouse — Techstars Healthcare Accelerator in partnership with Cedars-Sinai brings health startups' visions to fruition
- 9 Mayo Clinic strategies to quench the physician burnout flame
- Rochester Regional Health in NY acquires Finger Lakes Bone & Joint Center: 5 key notes
- 8 trends impacting the global sports medicine devices market through 2019
- 5 key statistics on young physician compensation — Orthopedics comes out on top at $329k
- Anthem BlueCross and BlueShield now covers 2-Level disc replacement with Zimmer Biomet's Mobi-C
- What 6 sports medicine physicians wish they would've known at the beginning of their careers