Dr. Tydings is on the cutting edge of technology and performs interbody fusions and minimally invasive spine surgery. He was appointed director of spinal trauma at Capital Health Systems in Trenton in 2003.
He is a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, American College of Surgeons, North American Spine Society and Academy of Medicine of New Jersey.
Dr. Tydings completed his medical degree from Albany Medical College in New York, and he also completed his internship in general surgery and residency in orthopedic surgery at Albany Medical Center Hospital. He completed a spine fellowship at the K.D. Leatherman Spine Center in Louisville, Ky.
He's affiliated with many organizations, including the New Jersey Medical Society, Mercer County Medical Society, New Jersey Spine Society, New Jersey Orthopaedic Society and New Jersey Small Business and Industry Association.
More Articles on Spine Leaders:
Spine Surgeon Leader to Know: Dr. David Okonkwo of the University of Pittsburgh
Spine Surgeon Leader to Know: Dr. Ronald Childs of Commonwealth Orthopaedics
Spine Surgeon Leader to Know: Dr. Sean McCance of Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City
Spine Surgeon Leader to Know: Dr. John Tydings of Central Jersey Spine AssociatesWritten by Heather Linder | Wednesday, 10 October 2012 18:46
John Tydings, MD, is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon who founded Central Jersey Spine Associates in 1995 and dedicated his practice to the treatment of spinal disorders. He's also on staff at all of the Mercer County Hospitals in New Jersey and R.W. Johnson Medical Center in New Brunswick.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- 22 spine surgeon leadership awards | 2016
- Has Xenco Medical Ushered in the Future of Spine Surgery?
- Orthopedic surgeons generate $2.7M for affiliated hospitals; 5.5 times what they make — 5 survey findings
- Where global spine market leaders are headed: 7 key notes on Medtronic, DePuy Synthes, Stryker & more
- Novel technologies make a splash in outpatient spine setting — Dr. Nick Shamie weighs in
- 21 smart spine surgeons with gifted business minds
- PODs under attack again: 5 key notes from the Senate Finance Committee's report
- Top 12 most-liked spine surgeons on the internet
- Siemens, Ziehm, GE, Hologic, OrthoScan & Medtronic: 26 O-arm & C-arm systems
- Dr. George Rappard performs 1st US MIS procedure with Sony heads-up display: 5 observations
- Consumer Reports: 34 top-rated US hospitals for hip replacements
- Orthopedic surgeons leave Salina Regional over on-call payment dispute: 5 things to know
- Andrews Institute adds regenerative medicine, stem cell center: 5 things to know
- Zimmer Biomet to acquire LDR in $1B transaction — 9 things to know
- Annual & hourly orthopedic surgeon salary — 10 latest statistics
- The low hanging fruit of HIPAA compliance: 8 best practices
- ISSCR updates stem cell research guidelines; warns against stem cell medical tourism — 5 insights
- Trusting a robot — Dr. Juan Torres-Reveron on performing 1st US ROSA Spine surgery
- 44 MIS spine devices to know | 2016
- How Responsive Orthopedics defied the industry norm to make knee, hip devices more affordable — 6 key insights
- 20 new MIS spine devices in 2016
- Paradigm Spine pays $585k in False Claims Act settlement; denies allegations: 5 things to know
- 87% of solo practitioners to face MIPS penalty in 2019 — 6 statistics on how Medicare's new payment model may impact solo physicians & small practices
- Surgeon entrepreneur: Dr. Kern Singh's quest to make lateral spine surgery more accessible
- 5 key notes on the Zimmer Biomet-LDR acquisition & its impact on Texas
- 12 statistics on social media's presence in the healthcare space
- MIS spine's promising future — Key insights from SMISS President Dr. Greg Anderson
- UPMC to pay $2.5M+ to settle neurosurgery-related False Claims Act violation allegations: 7 things to know
- 5 key points on Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush's bundled payments making healthcare affordable & transparent
- US News & World Report: Top 10 hospitals for orthopedics
- Oregon spine surgeon implicated in $22M lawsuit for paralyzing patient with dropped instrument: 5 things to know
- Bundled payments to account for 30%-45% of spine reimbursement in 3 years: 4 insights
- 'Spare the scalpel' — Dr. Brian Cole sheds light on the future of orthopedic medicine in TEDx Talk
- 7 things to know about Mazor Robotics & Medtronic's plans to roll out Mazor X
- 4 North Carolina orthopedic practices merge to create EmergeOrtho: 5 key notes
- The state of minimally invasive spine surgery: Dr. Frank Phillips on devices, payment & outpatient ASCs
- Orthopedic surgeon Dr. Michael Russin dies following plane crash: 5 key notes
- Raleigh Orthopaedic Clinic to pay $750k in potential HIPAA violation: 5 things to know
- How did 5 orthopedic device giants fare in the most recent fiscal period? 45 notes on Stryker, Medtronic & more
- Zimmer Biomet jumps into robotics with MedTech acquisition: 5 things to know