He performs surgeries at D.I.S.C. Sports & Spine Center in Marina Del Rey, St. John's Medical Center in Santa Monica, Marina Hospital in Marina Del Rey, and more. He treats conditions which include bone spurs, bulging discs, herniated discs, pinched nerves and scoliosis.
Dr. Mobin has performed more than 2,000 spinal surgeries and serves as a clinical faculty member for the University of California, Davis. He also served as the chief of neurosurgical services at Daniel Freeman Hospital for three years and introduced image guidance and minimally invasive techniques in the private hospital setting.
He enjoys working with patients and prides himself on compassionate, gentle care.
"I find treating spine patients as the most fulfilling part of my practice. Every time I am able to make a difference in the life of my patients and help them live their lives without pain, I am reassured that all the sacrifices and the long sleepless nights have all been worth the effort."
Dr. Mobin completed his medical training at UCD and his neurosurgical residency training at University of California Medical Center in Sacramento, where he was elected chief resident and outstanding senior resident.
More Articles on Spine Leaders:
Spine Surgeon Leader to Know: Dr. Michael Heggeness of BaylorClinic
Spine Surgeon Leader to Know: Dr. Frank Phillips of Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush
Spine Surgeon Leader to Know: Dr. Paul Jeffords of Resurgens Orthopaedics
Spine Surgeon Leader to Know: Dr. Fardad Mobin of The St. Vincent Spine Institute in Los Angeles FeaturedWritten by Heather Linder | Wednesday, 08 August 2012 18:50
Fardad Mobin, MD, is a board-certified, fellowship-trained neurosurgeon who treats spinal disorders. He specializes in minimally invasive spine surgery and aims to provide strategically conceived approaches to the spinal pathology to minimize collateral normal tissue damage.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- 20 new MIS spine devices in 2016
- 44 MIS spine devices to know | 2016
- 21 smart spine surgeons with gifted business minds
- Top 12 most-liked spine surgeons on the internet
- Police investigate death of American Spine Center's physician accused in federal kickback scheme: 6 things to know
- Consumer Reports: 34 top-rated US hospitals for hip replacements
- Suicide likely cause of Dr. Sandeep Sherlekar's death, police report shows: 6 things to know
- Dr. George Rappard performs 1st US MIS procedure with Sony heads-up display: 5 observations
- Annual & hourly orthopedic surgeon salary — 10 latest statistics
- Trusting a robot — Dr. Juan Torres-Reveron on performing 1st US ROSA Spine surgery
- 12 statistics on social media's presence in the healthcare space
- 5 key notes on the Zimmer Biomet-LDR acquisition & its impact on Texas
- 38 female spine surgeon leaders to know
- Dr. Gregory Sherr sues HealthEast, CentraCare & 6 neurosurgeons for allegedly ruining his reputation & career — 6 things to know
- Oregon spine surgeon implicated in $22M lawsuit for paralyzing patient with dropped instrument: 5 things to know
- UPMC to pay $2.5M+ to settle neurosurgery-related False Claims Act violation allegations: 7 things to know
- US News & World Report: Top 10 hospitals for orthopedics
- 4 North Carolina orthopedic practices merge to create EmergeOrtho: 5 key notes
- 7 things to know about Mazor Robotics & Medtronic's plans to roll out Mazor X
- The state of minimally invasive spine surgery: Dr. Frank Phillips on devices, payment & outpatient ASCs
- 11 highest-paying states for orthopedic surgeons: New Jersey tops the list at $494.5k
- Beyond the implant — DePuy Synthes pushes innovation inside & out of the OR
- Zimmer Biomet jumps into robotics with MedTech acquisition: 5 things to know
- Orthopedic surgeon Dr. Michael Russin dies following plane crash: 5 key notes
- 34 latest trends in the global orthopedic devices market
- 21 statistics and facts for orthopedic surgeons — compensation, net worth and more
- 19 more things to know about orthopedic bundled payments — September 2016
- Are Stryker's hip implants about to be recalled?
- Trump or Hillary? The physicians have voted
- FDA regulation, insurance coverage: Dr. Raj N. Sureja talks challenges in regenerative medicine
- Do you know what patients really care about when choosing a spine surgeon?
- 13 facts and statistics on Baby Boomers for spine surgeons to know
- 5 trends for orthopedic surgeons to watch in 2017
- 3 orthopedic clinics to pay $2.39M to settle False Claims Act allegations: 5 things to know
- 10 thoughts and statistics on medical malpractice claims against orthopedists
- Evolutionary vs. revolutionary: The future of surgical devices and spine surgery
- Robotics is here to stay — Drs. Kornelis Poelstra & Dennis Devito on working with Mazor technology
- UCLA pays $8.5M to settle 2 lawsuits after undisclosed spine surgeon relationship with Medtronic: 5 key notes
- Medtronic, SeaSpine, Zimmer Biomet & more: 17 key notes
- The efficacy of electrical bone stimulators & ultrasound for bone healing — Dr. Mohit Bhandari weighs in with new evidence