He performs surgeries at D.I.S.C. Sports & Spine Center in Marina Del Rey, St. John's Medical Center in Santa Monica, Marina Hospital in Marina Del Rey, and more. He treats conditions which include bone spurs, bulging discs, herniated discs, pinched nerves and scoliosis.
Dr. Mobin has performed more than 2,000 spinal surgeries and serves as a clinical faculty member for the University of California, Davis. He also served as the chief of neurosurgical services at Daniel Freeman Hospital for three years and introduced image guidance and minimally invasive techniques in the private hospital setting.
He enjoys working with patients and prides himself on compassionate, gentle care.
"I find treating spine patients as the most fulfilling part of my practice. Every time I am able to make a difference in the life of my patients and help them live their lives without pain, I am reassured that all the sacrifices and the long sleepless nights have all been worth the effort."
Dr. Mobin completed his medical training at UCD and his neurosurgical residency training at University of California Medical Center in Sacramento, where he was elected chief resident and outstanding senior resident.
More Articles on Spine Leaders:
Spine Surgeon Leader to Know: Dr. Michael Heggeness of BaylorClinic
Spine Surgeon Leader to Know: Dr. Frank Phillips of Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush
Spine Surgeon Leader to Know: Dr. Paul Jeffords of Resurgens Orthopaedics
Spine Surgeon Leader to Know: Dr. Fardad Mobin of The St. Vincent Spine Institute in Los Angeles FeaturedWritten by Heather Linder | Wednesday, 08 August 2012 18:50
Fardad Mobin, MD, is a board-certified, fellowship-trained neurosurgeon who treats spinal disorders. He specializes in minimally invasive spine surgery and aims to provide strategically conceived approaches to the spinal pathology to minimize collateral normal tissue damage.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- 12 statistics on neurosurgeon salary in 2015
- North American Spine brings in two new procedures — 5 things to know
- Drs. Larry Lenke, Daniel Riew, Ronald Lehman leaving St. Louis for NYC — 5 things to know
- DePuy Synthes, Stryker, Zimmer, Medtronic lead global orthopedics now — 8 key notes on where they're headed
- Bundled spine surgery for Walmart, Lowe's employees — 6 things to know
- Medtronic is headed for strong 2015 — 8 reasons why
- 20 Spine Surgeon Leadership Awards | 2015
- 15 things to know about Zimmer Biomet
- 25 Spine Device Awards | 2015
- Neurosurgeon named in counterfeit spinal implant lawsuit — 5 things to know
- 10 spine, orthopedic surgeon tech entrepreneurs to know
- A differentiated approach in lateral spine surgery: Oblique lateral interbody fusion (OLIF at L2-L5)
- Top 10 specialties with highest pay — Orthopedists lead the pack
- Zimmer voluntarily recalls knee device
- Safeguards to Prevent Neurologic Complications after Epidural Steroid Injections: Analysis of Evidence and Lack of Applicability of Controversial Policies
- 6 spine physicians ranked #1 on Google
- Dr. Aria Sabit pleads guilty to unnecessary spine surgery, faces 11+ years in prison — 5 things to know
- Northwestern's Feinberg School of Medicine neurological surgery chief Dr. Andrew Parsa dies
- Is the Zimmer-Biomet closed merger finally around the corner? 5 things to know
- Dr. Neal ElAttrache to perform Manny Pacquiao's shoulder surgery: 5 things to know
- Spinal fusion vs. disc replacement: Which costs more? 5 key notes
- Another spine surgeon named in "fake implants" lawsuit — This time in Maryland: 5 key notes
- Medtronic pays 8 physicians $1M+: 5 key notes
- Building an empire: How Dr. Douglas Won created a physician-led health system
- Dr. Sanjay Khurana helps rescue Harrison Ford from crashed air plane
- Zimmer Q1 sales drop 2.3%, Biomet merger still not final — 10 things to know
- How The CORE Institute grew 40% last quarter — IT leads the way
- 55 statistics and issues for neurosurgeons and orthopedic spine surgeons — compensation, global device market and more
- UPMC's Dr. Tanya Hagen dies at age 45
- Is Smith & Nephew's cost-conscious strategy working? 5 key notes
- Hospitals face 4 lawsuits in connection with unnecessary spine surgeries case — 6 things to know
- Johnson & Johnson (J&J) sells Cordis line for $1.9B: What it could mean for DePuy Synthes
- How high-energy spine surgeons start their day — 5 things to know
- Spinal deformity surgery — On the cutting edge with Drs. Isador Lieberman, Suken Shah
- Dr. Ziya Gokaslan to leave Johns Hopkins for Rhode Island Hospital
- Cervical disc replacement Mobi-C vs. spinal fusion: Are there advantages to one? 6 key notes
- Medtronic facing product liability lawsuit over Infuse once more: 9 things to know
- Hospital for Special Surgery names Dr. Frank Schwab spine service chief — 5 things to know
- 5 statistics on orthopedic surgeon net worth
- Patient sues troubled orthopedic surgeon for malpractice — 7 things to know