He performs surgeries at D.I.S.C. Sports & Spine Center in Marina Del Rey, St. John's Medical Center in Santa Monica, Marina Hospital in Marina Del Rey, and more. He treats conditions which include bone spurs, bulging discs, herniated discs, pinched nerves and scoliosis.
Dr. Mobin has performed more than 2,000 spinal surgeries and serves as a clinical faculty member for the University of California, Davis. He also served as the chief of neurosurgical services at Daniel Freeman Hospital for three years and introduced image guidance and minimally invasive techniques in the private hospital setting.
He enjoys working with patients and prides himself on compassionate, gentle care.
"I find treating spine patients as the most fulfilling part of my practice. Every time I am able to make a difference in the life of my patients and help them live their lives without pain, I am reassured that all the sacrifices and the long sleepless nights have all been worth the effort."
Dr. Mobin completed his medical training at UCD and his neurosurgical residency training at University of California Medical Center in Sacramento, where he was elected chief resident and outstanding senior resident.
More Articles on Spine Leaders:
Spine Surgeon Leader to Know: Dr. Michael Heggeness of BaylorClinic
Spine Surgeon Leader to Know: Dr. Frank Phillips of Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush
Spine Surgeon Leader to Know: Dr. Paul Jeffords of Resurgens Orthopaedics
Spine Surgeon Leader to Know: Dr. Fardad Mobin of The St. Vincent Spine Institute in Los Angeles FeaturedWritten by Heather Linder | Wednesday, 08 August 2012 18:50
Fardad Mobin, MD, is a board-certified, fellowship-trained neurosurgeon who treats spinal disorders. He specializes in minimally invasive spine surgery and aims to provide strategically conceived approaches to the spinal pathology to minimize collateral normal tissue damage.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- 22 spine surgeon leadership awards | 2016
- Has Xenco Medical Ushered in the Future of Spine Surgery?
- 21 smart spine surgeons with gifted business minds
- PODs under attack again: 5 key notes from the Senate Finance Committee's report
- 20 new MIS spine devices in 2016
- Top 12 most-liked spine surgeons on the internet
- Consumer Reports: 34 top-rated US hospitals for hip replacements
- Siemens, Ziehm, GE, Hologic, OrthoScan & Medtronic: 26 O-arm & C-arm systems
- Dr. George Rappard performs 1st US MIS procedure with Sony heads-up display: 5 observations
- 44 MIS spine devices to know | 2016
- Orthopedic surgeons leave Salina Regional over on-call payment dispute: 5 things to know
- Zimmer Biomet to acquire LDR in $1B transaction — 9 things to know
- Annual & hourly orthopedic surgeon salary — 10 latest statistics
- Police investigate death of American Spine Center's physician accused in federal kickback scheme: 6 things to know
- How Responsive Orthopedics defied the industry norm to make knee, hip devices more affordable — 6 key insights
- Trusting a robot — Dr. Juan Torres-Reveron on performing 1st US ROSA Spine surgery
- 87% of solo practitioners to face MIPS penalty in 2019 — 6 statistics on how Medicare's new payment model may impact solo physicians & small practices
- The low hanging fruit of HIPAA compliance: 8 best practices
- Paradigm Spine pays $585k in False Claims Act settlement; denies allegations: 5 things to know
- ISSCR updates stem cell research guidelines; warns against stem cell medical tourism — 5 insights
- 12 statistics on social media's presence in the healthcare space
- 5 key notes on the Zimmer Biomet-LDR acquisition & its impact on Texas
- Surgeon entrepreneur: Dr. Kern Singh's quest to make lateral spine surgery more accessible
- Suicide likely cause of Dr. Sandeep Sherlekar's death, police report shows: 6 things to know
- MIS spine's promising future — Key insights from SMISS President Dr. Greg Anderson
- 5 key points on Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush's bundled payments making healthcare affordable & transparent
- UPMC to pay $2.5M+ to settle neurosurgery-related False Claims Act violation allegations: 7 things to know
- Oregon spine surgeon implicated in $22M lawsuit for paralyzing patient with dropped instrument: 5 things to know
- US News & World Report: Top 10 hospitals for orthopedics
- Dr. Gregory Sherr sues HealthEast, CentraCare & 6 neurosurgeons for allegedly ruining his reputation & career — 6 things to know
- 4 North Carolina orthopedic practices merge to create EmergeOrtho: 5 key notes
- Bundled payments to account for 30%-45% of spine reimbursement in 3 years: 4 insights
- 7 things to know about Mazor Robotics & Medtronic's plans to roll out Mazor X
- 'Spare the scalpel' — Dr. Brian Cole sheds light on the future of orthopedic medicine in TEDx Talk
- The state of minimally invasive spine surgery: Dr. Frank Phillips on devices, payment & outpatient ASCs
- 38 female spine surgeon leaders to know
- How did 5 orthopedic device giants fare in the most recent fiscal period? 45 notes on Stryker, Medtronic & more
- Orthopedic surgeon Dr. Michael Russin dies following plane crash: 5 key notes
- Zimmer Biomet jumps into robotics with MedTech acquisition: 5 things to know
- Beyond the implant — DePuy Synthes pushes innovation inside & out of the OR