He performs surgeries at D.I.S.C. Sports & Spine Center in Marina Del Rey, St. John's Medical Center in Santa Monica, Marina Hospital in Marina Del Rey, and more. He treats conditions which include bone spurs, bulging discs, herniated discs, pinched nerves and scoliosis.
Dr. Mobin has performed more than 2,000 spinal surgeries and serves as a clinical faculty member for the University of California, Davis. He also served as the chief of neurosurgical services at Daniel Freeman Hospital for three years and introduced image guidance and minimally invasive techniques in the private hospital setting.
He enjoys working with patients and prides himself on compassionate, gentle care.
"I find treating spine patients as the most fulfilling part of my practice. Every time I am able to make a difference in the life of my patients and help them live their lives without pain, I am reassured that all the sacrifices and the long sleepless nights have all been worth the effort."
Dr. Mobin completed his medical training at UCD and his neurosurgical residency training at University of California Medical Center in Sacramento, where he was elected chief resident and outstanding senior resident.
More Articles on Spine Leaders:
Spine Surgeon Leader to Know: Dr. Michael Heggeness of BaylorClinic
Spine Surgeon Leader to Know: Dr. Frank Phillips of Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush
Spine Surgeon Leader to Know: Dr. Paul Jeffords of Resurgens Orthopaedics
Spine Surgeon Leader to Know: Dr. Fardad Mobin of The St. Vincent Spine Institute in Los Angeles FeaturedWritten by Heather Linder | Wednesday, 08 August 2012 18:50
Fardad Mobin, MD, is a board-certified, fellowship-trained neurosurgeon who treats spinal disorders. He specializes in minimally invasive spine surgery and aims to provide strategically conceived approaches to the spinal pathology to minimize collateral normal tissue damage.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- 336 spine surgeons to know — 2016
- Rumors of a Stryker acquisition of Smith & Nephew swirl once again: 6 key notes
- Google and Johnson & Johnson to form new surgical company — 4 highlights
- Medtronic, Stryker, Zimmer Biomet, DePuy Synthes, Smith & Nephew: Who had the best 2015? 32 things to know
- Did Loma Linda's orthopedic device rep-less strategy work? 5 things to know
- 5 huge reputation management mistakes for surgeons
- Stryker director sells 18k shares, following Smith & Nephew acquisition rumors: 7 points
- Is the Johnson & Johnson job cut an ominous sign for the medical device industry? 5 key thoughts
- Smith & Nephew acquires Blue Belt Technologies — Will Stryker make its move soon? 5 key notes
- Justice Department investigates pain compounding cream for $500M potential fraud: 5 things to know
- Physician receives second-degree murder sentence for overprescribing pain medication: 6 key points
- Population health on a budget: How one orthopedic surgeon succeeded in Chicago's most impoverished neighborhoods
- Looking ahead to 2016: What excites spine surgeons most?
- 5 most common reasons orthopedic surgeons are sued
- 32 hospitals to pay $28M in spine surgery false claims settlement: 5 things to know
- 10 spine, neurosurgeons on the move in January 2016
- North Carolina physician group creates orthopedic bundled payment system — 5 takeaways
- Dr. James Andrews #5 among richest doctors in the world: 6 points
- Dr. Robert Blok joins Laser Spine Institute — 4 key points
- 5 ways big data will affect healthcare providers in 2016 & beyond
- Zimmer Biomet, Stryker, J&J & more: 26 key notes — AAOS edition
- 5 things to know about wearable technology in medicine
- 22 spine surgeon leadership awards | 2016
- Stryker, Titan Spine, ConforMIS & more: 16 key notes
- Surgical tech sues Yale-New Haven Hospital surgeon after OR altercation — 5 key notes
- Orthopedic surgeons generate $2.7M for affiliated hospitals; 5.5 times what they make — 5 survey findings
- CJR bundles to pay $25k per episode: 8 statistics on cost breakdown
- Bundled payments, consolidation & more: How OrthoVirginia is building a future-facing empire
- 15 statistics on orthopedic surgeon starting salaries
- The best way to prepare for the future in spine: Dr. Hyun Bae
- From cost to patient care — The many ways orthopedic bundled payments help hospitals
- Top 10 highest-earning physician specialties — Orthopedics leads for 6th consecutive year
- Beyond the device: How DePuy Synthes is innovating in orthopedic & spine technology
- 6 statistics on orthopedic surgeon compensation — Which practice setting pays most?
- 13 statistics on neurosurgeon salary in 2016
- The entrepreneur mindset: How an MBA opened doors for one spine surgeon's practice
- Orthopedics and spine — 6 trends for 2016
- The growth of outpatient spine — 9 Key Points
- Top 5 EHR vendors to partner with in 2016
- Dr. Kevin Pauza unsurprised with Tiger Woods' slow back surgery recovery: 5 insights