The report estimated the global pain management therapeutics market was $28.6 billion in 2010 and had an annual growth rate of 5.3 percent from 2002-2010. The post-operative pain relief market had the largest market share with 20 percent and sales of $5.9 billion in 2010. The low back pain market had the second largest share with 17 percent and sales of $4.9 billion.
The report provides analysis of eight indications for which pain medication is often prescribed, including fibromyalgia, neuropathic pain, migraine, cancer pain, osteoarthritis pain, rheumatoid arthritis pain, low back pain and post-operative pain, as well as treatment trends for those indications.
Related Articles on Pain Management:
7 Recent Studies & Research Findings on Painkillers
Half of Americans Have Used Painkillers
Study: Slightly Too Much Paracetamol Can Cause Overdose
Global Pain Management Therapeutics Market Sales Forecasted to Reach $35.1B by 2017Written by Abby Callard | Monday, 28 November 2011 17:40
A GBI Research report found the global pain management therapeutics market will grow 3 percent annually from 2010-2017, and sales will reach $35.1 billion by the end of 2017, according to a Reportlinker.com news release.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- 22 spine surgeon leadership awards | 2016
- Has Xenco Medical Ushered in the Future of Spine Surgery?
- Zimmer Biomet, Stryker, J&J & more: 26 key notes — AAOS edition
- Dr. James Andrews #5 among richest doctors in the world: 6 points
- Beyond the device: How DePuy Synthes is innovating in orthopedic & spine technology
- Orthopedic surgeons generate $2.7M for affiliated hospitals; 5.5 times what they make — 5 survey findings
- CJR bundles to pay $25k per episode: 8 statistics on cost breakdown
- Dr. Kevin Pauza unsurprised with Tiger Woods' slow back surgery recovery: 5 insights
- Top 10 highest-earning physician specialties — Orthopedics leads for 6th consecutive year
- Novel technologies make a splash in outpatient spine setting — Dr. Nick Shamie weighs in
- PODs under attack again: 5 key notes from the Senate Finance Committee's report
- Where global spine market leaders are headed: 7 key notes on Medtronic, DePuy Synthes, Stryker & more
- 6 statistics on orthopedic surgeon compensation — Which practice setting pays most?
- 21 smart spine surgeons with gifted business minds
- CMS's lowest vs. highest-paid physicians: 5 key points
- Consumer Reports: 34 top-rated US hospitals for hip replacements
- 5 trends in complex spine surgery
- Top 12 most-liked spine surgeons on the internet
- Siemens, Ziehm, GE, Hologic, OrthoScan & Medtronic: 26 O-arm & C-arm systems
- Dr. George Rappard performs 1st US MIS procedure with Sony heads-up display: 5 observations
- Which 4 emerging trends will drive the global spine surgery market?
- Orthopedic surgeons leave Salina Regional over on-call payment dispute: 5 things to know
- Andrews Institute adds regenerative medicine, stem cell center: 5 things to know
- ISSCR updates stem cell research guidelines; warns against stem cell medical tourism — 5 insights
- Annual & hourly orthopedic surgeon salary — 10 latest statistics
- The low hanging fruit of HIPAA compliance: 8 best practices
- Stryker launches Aero-C spinal fusion implant: 5 key notes
- Zimmer Biomet to acquire LDR in $1B transaction — 9 things to know
- The great PA debate: Should spine surgeons hire them?
- Surgeon entrepreneur: Dr. Kern Singh's quest to make lateral spine surgery more accessible
- Trusting a robot — Dr. Juan Torres-Reveron on performing 1st US ROSA Spine surgery
- 87% of solo practitioners to face MIPS penalty in 2019 — 6 statistics on how Medicare's new payment model may impact solo physicians & small practices
- MIS spine's promising future — Key insights from SMISS President Dr. Greg Anderson
- How Responsive Orthopedics defied the industry norm to make knee, hip devices more affordable — 6 key insights
- Paradigm Spine pays $585k in False Claims Act settlement; denies allegations: 5 things to know
- Bundled payments to account for 30%-45% of spine reimbursement in 3 years: 4 insights
- 5 key notes on the Zimmer Biomet-LDR acquisition & its impact on Texas
- UPMC to pay $2.5M+ to settle neurosurgery-related False Claims Act violation allegations: 7 things to know
- 12 statistics on social media's presence in the healthcare space
- More than half of hospital orthopedic programs unprepared for CMS joint replacement program: 7 takeaways