Here are five takeaways:
1. The book is titled, "Pop-Doc," and is designed to connect the joint surgery process with the post-op physical therapy recovery.
2. Dr. Neuman wanted to provide patients with a workbook to help them with the recovery process.
3. The book and website include pictures of home exercises, a social forum for patients to discuss joint pain and tips for a new regimen.
4. Dr. Neuman owns NY Sportscare in New York City. He completed his sports medicine and arthroscopy fellowship at Temple University in Philadelphia.
5. "I wrote this so patients don't feel alone or confused about what to do after surgery," said Dr. Neuman.
More articles on orthopedics:
Scientists discover a new way to make titanium implants bond better with bones — 5 points
New England Baptist Hospital names Erven Samsel board chairman: 4 notes
Dr. George Margetas joins OSS Health: 3 points