Here are five key notes:
1. Hardest Working Knees offers tips on keeping knees healthy and alleviating chronic knee pain. The initiative also advises individuals to consult a physician if their knee pain is getting in the way of their daily activities.
2. DePuy Synthes is donating to Project Return to Work to recognize those who found treatment options that help them return to work.
3. The initiative is an extension of Getting Back to Give Back, a DePuy Synthes initiative aimed at celebrating the stories of people with hip and knee OA who are dedicated to giving back to their communities.
4. As someone who suffered from hip OA pain, Coach K wants to help people with hip or knee OA find treatment options.
5. The campaign honors a group of individuals with "hard working knees" who continued working despite knee pain. The honored individuals include:
• Ron, 69: A retired United States Marine Corps Colonel
• Lani, 57: A small animal veterinarian and equestrian physical therapist
• Lesa, 54: A seventh generation dairy farmer
• Vaughan, 54: A trader and avid exercise enthusiast
More articles on orthopedics:
Drs. Christopher Bibbo, Tyson Cobb & more — 7 orthopedic surgeons making headlines
5 key facts on the benefits of knee surgery
Dr. Hooman Melamed recognized as Top Doctor — 4 things to know