Here are five key notes:
1. Dr. Sethi taught the annual live surgery course for physicians and residents from around the world to learn new techniques and methodologies for difficult surgical steps. The surgeries are performed by international faculty and allows participants to ask the teaching surgeons questions.
2. Dr. Sethi is a sports medicine physician and gave a session on shoulder surgical technique to more than 170 medical professionals from across India.
3. He has previous experience teaching in Canada and Europe. In the course, he performed rotator cuff repair, labrum repair and reverse shoulder replacement.
4. He has more than 20 years of experience with shoulder surgery and even though he wasn't familiar with the instrumentation at the hospital in India where the procedure took place he was able to adopt his technique.
5. The instrumentation platforms are more aligned today than they were 10 years ago, which makes teaching easier.