Here are five things to know:
1. Orthopedic practices utilize digital imaging systems now more than ever.
2. Four important elements practitioners should be aware of include:
- Radiation safety training
- Personnel monitoring
- Quality control
- Radiation protection programs
3. Clinical staff must receive adequate training to protect themselves from radiation.
4. AAOE recommends practices establish an x-ray machine quality control program and emphasize the need for training, personnel monitoring program and quality control through a Radiation Protection Program.
5. RPP and other required safety program elements may be outsourced to organizations with on-staff medical physicists ready to establish and assist in radiation safety activities.
More articles on practice management:
How physicians use cement to treat cancer in the spine — 4 things to know