Here are five highlights:
1. Humana Medicare Advantage members undergoing total hip or knee joint replacement procedures will benefit from the model.
2. Humana is teaming up with Fort Wayne Orthopedics, Ortho NorthEast, Orthopaedic Associates, Tri-State Orthopaedics and Unity Healthcare in Indiana.
3. In Kentucky, Humana will collaborate with Commonwealth Orthopaedic Centers, Kentucky Bone and Joint Surgeons as well as Norton Orthopedic Specialists.
4. Humana adds the Indiana and Kentucky groups to its work already underway with 12 Ohio and Tennessee orthopedic groups.
5. The orthopedic groups leverage Humana's patient data and analytics as well as chronic management and wellness programs.
More articles on practice management:
9 methods to improve spine practice management
Healthcare cloud computing market to grow at a CAGR of 20.1% by 2020 — 4 key details
What are the best ways for physicians to use social media? Tips from Dr. David Geier of Sports Medicine Specialists of Charleston