Here are five highlights:
1. The largest Residency Match Day to date saw 35,969 U.S. and international medical students or graduates applying for 31,757 positions.
2. The first-year positions bumped 989 from the 2016 offering up to 28,849 for 2017.
3. NRMP filled 30,478 of the overall positions, reflecting a 906-position jump from 2016.
4. The first-year positions saw an 852 boost over 2016 with 27,688 filled in 2017.
5. NRMP reports family medicine slots saw a 118-position increase, which is favorable for the future of primary care.
Read more about Match Day here.
More articles on practice management:
Study: Patient satisfaction and physician pay dependent on gender-based interactions — 5 observations
AAOS names Dr. Ronald Navarro to board of directors: 4 notes
Dr. David Halsey named 1st AAOS VP — 5 details