Here are five key notes:
1. The practice warned patients last week to look out for issues with their bank account after an employee was arrested on multiple counts of identity theft.
2. The employee is accused of stealing at least two patients' credit card and personal information to shop online.
3. When the breach was discovered, the employee was terminated from the practice and has been arrested. The employee worked for Desert Orthopedics from July 1, 2016 to Jan. 31, 2017.
4. In their letter to patients, the practice said it has "taken immediate steps to reinforce and enhance all financial fraud protocols" going forward.
5. The practice includes orthopedic care, X-ray, MRI, ultrasound technology and EMG. The surgeons perform cases at Bend Surgery Center and St. Charles hospital.
More articles on orthopedic practices:
Dr. John Velyvis to head Seaton Medical Center's robotic orthopedic surgery program
3 OrthoCarolina surgeons meet legislative leaders as part of AAHKS delegation
Mountain Valley Orthopedics adds Pike County facility