Google Ventures became part of the company's backers during a Series B1 funding that raised $20 million; the company has now raised $54.4 million. Here are five things to know:
1. Biomatics Capital Partners led the funding round, with Maryland Venture Fund and existing investors Venrock and Arch Venture Partners participating in the round.
2. Aledade plans to use the funding to accelerate its health provider network and expand commercial payer and Medicare Advantage plan relationships.
3. The investors see Aledade finding a way to stay successful under the new administration; the company benefited from President Barack Obama's ACA in the past, but President-elect Donald Trump has mentioned repealing and replacing the law.
4. Aledade currently has more than 200 independent physicians in its ACO network, representing 15 states and 240,000 covered lives, according to the report.
5. The company represents $2 billion in healthcare spending.
More articles on healthcare:
70% of Americans skeptical about HIT
Using survey data to push change in healthcare policy & delivery
Cleveland Clinic disciplines physician for writing anti-vaccination op-ed