Here are three takeaways:
1. The new advanced capabilities include:
- An authorized data partnership with the American Joint Replacement Registry to collect PRO data on behalf of hospitals for registry submission
- Support for the International Consortium for Health Outcomes Measurement's Hip & Knee Osteoarthritis Standard Set of outcome measures as an official ICHOM Technology Affiliate
- A new Surgeon DataCard service to provide physicians timely feedback from their patient populations
2. Wellbe will showcase its PRO capabilities at the American Association of Orthopedic Executives this week in San Francisco.
3. PRO collection capabilities have become increasingly important after Medicare required the inclusion of PRO measures as part of a composite quality score in the Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement bundled payment model.
More articles on practice management:
Texas Orthopedics opens injury urgent care clinic: 5 points
43% physicians experience challenges keeping pace with healthcare system — 5 survey findings
The growing trend of specialty-driven EHRs — 5 things to know