1. Twenty-eight percent of Facebook users support a health-related cause.
2. Twenty-seven percent of Facebook users are commenting about health experience or updates, while 24 percent post about health experience or updates.
3. Twenty percent have joined a health-related cause.
4. Eighteen percent of Facebook users track or share health symptoms or behavior on their profiles while 16 percent share health-related videos or images.
5. Sixteen percent of Facebook users post reviews of medications, treatments, doctors or insurers.
6. There are more than 1,500 hospitals with a social media presence, including 1,264 who are on Facebook.
7. There are at least 967 hospitals on Twitter and around 3,000 hospitals have a company page on LinkedIn.
8. There are 695 hospitals on YouTube and 1,116 hospitals on 4Square.
9. Mayo Clinic experienced a 76,000 jump in podcast listeners in a single month after they went on social media.
10. Sixty percent of social media users say they are likely to trust posts by doctors.