1. Document any instruction.
2. Keep a record of every fax confirmation.
3. Triple check patients to avoid making a premature death pronouncement.
4. Hospitals should approve the physicians giving telephone consultations.
5. Provide patients with information about all possible drug side effects, even the improbable.
More Articles on Practice Management:
5 Statistics on Small Business in the United States
5 Hints for Successfully Selling a Physician Practice
10 Factors Contributing to Damaged Physician Satisfaction
5 Ways to Avoid Potential & Unexpected Medical LawsuitsWritten by Heather Linder | Tuesday, 31 December 2013 11:45
Physicians are always at risk for litigation from the unexpected, but five simple steps can be taken to avoid many potential lawsuits, according to a Medscape report.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2011. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.