In a Physicians Practice article, Sue Jacques, a professional speaker and certified etiquette and protocol consultant, lays out tips for physicians to manage their online reputation in an appropriate and respectful manner.
The six tips are:
1. Go on a digital diet and take a small sabbatical from social networking.
2. Review and revise your friends, followers and connections lists.
3. Actively look for people, groups and businesses that develop rather than distract.
4. Update your photo or logo.
5. Don't be an electronic imposter.
6. Let your intellect do the interacting.
More Articles on Practice Management:
When Colleagues Make Medical Errors: How to Handle Reporting
5 Ways Professional Connections on Social Media Can Help Physicians
4 Drivers of Recent M&A Activity in Healthcare