1. Average orthopedic surgeon compensation is $501,808.
2. Average compensation for a joint replacement specialist is $503,809.
3. Average orthopedic spine surgeon compensation is $677,158.
4. Average pediatric orthopedic surgeon compensation is $435,318.
5. Average compensation for orthopedic hand surgeons is $476,384.
6. Average compensation for orthopedic surgeons in a multispecialty group practice is $340,000.
7. Average compensation for orthopedic surgeons in a single-specialty group practice is $391,000.
8. Average orthopedic surgeon compensation in a hospital setting is $251,000.
9. Around 19 percent of orthopedic surgeons make $100,000 or less.
10. Around 46 percent of orthopedic surgeons would prefer a pay-for-performance model over bundled payments and shared savings arrangements.
More Articles on Orthopedic Surgeons:
Dr. James Andrews Performs Knee Surgery on Celtics Point Guard Rajon Rondo
24 Spine Surgeons Discuss Most Exciting Trends for the Future
10 New Orthopedic Practice Expansions & Mergers
10 Compensation Statistics for Orthopedic Surgeons FeaturedWritten by Laura Miller | Tuesday, 19 February 2013 11:29
Here are 10 statistics on orthopedic surgeon compensation. Numbers one through five came from the AMGA Medical Group Compensation and Financial Survey; numbers six through nine came from the 2012 Medscape Orthopedist and Orthopedic Surgeon Compensation Report; number 10 came from the 2012 LocumTenens.com Compensation & Employment Report.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2011. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
New from Becker's Orthopedic & Spine Review