1. Average orthopedic surgeon compensation is $501,808.
2. Average compensation for a joint replacement specialist is $503,809.
3. Average orthopedic spine surgeon compensation is $677,158.
4. Average pediatric orthopedic surgeon compensation is $435,318.
5. Average compensation for orthopedic hand surgeons is $476,384.
6. Average compensation for orthopedic surgeons in a multispecialty group practice is $340,000.
7. Average compensation for orthopedic surgeons in a single-specialty group practice is $391,000.
8. Average orthopedic surgeon compensation in a hospital setting is $251,000.
9. Around 19 percent of orthopedic surgeons make $100,000 or less.
10. Around 46 percent of orthopedic surgeons would prefer a pay-for-performance model over bundled payments and shared savings arrangements.
More Articles on Orthopedic Surgeons:
Dr. James Andrews Performs Knee Surgery on Celtics Point Guard Rajon Rondo
24 Spine Surgeons Discuss Most Exciting Trends for the Future
10 New Orthopedic Practice Expansions & Mergers
10 Compensation Statistics for Orthopedic Surgeons FeaturedWritten by Laura Dyrda | Tuesday, 19 February 2013 17:29
Here are 10 statistics on orthopedic surgeon compensation. Numbers one through five came from the AMGA Medical Group Compensation and Financial Survey; numbers six through nine came from the 2012 Medscape Orthopedist and Orthopedic Surgeon Compensation Report; number 10 came from the 2012 LocumTenens.com Compensation & Employment Report.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Most Read - Improving Profits
- 10 key notes on the 2016 CMS physician fee schedule
- Transparency in healthcare can work today — Hoag Orthopedic Institute proves it
- When technology and healthcare mix: 3 key thoughts on the evolving tech field
- The age of the consumer: 3 thoughts for success in value-based healthcare
- All about the consumer — 4 ways to improve patient care with technology
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- 15 things to know about Zimmer Biomet
- 55 statistics and issues for neurosurgeons and orthopedic spine surgeons — compensation, global device market and more
- Neurosurgeon named in counterfeit spinal implant lawsuit — 5 things to know
- 6 spine physicians ranked #1 on Google
- Medtronic pays 8 physicians $1M+: 5 key notes
- Another spine surgeon named in "fake implants" lawsuit — This time in Maryland: 5 key notes
- UPMC's Dr. Tanya Hagen dies at age 45
- Medtronic facing product liability lawsuit over Infuse once more: 9 things to know
- Grand jury indicts troubled Texas spine surgeon — 5 key notes
- Hospitals face 4 lawsuits in connection with unnecessary spine surgeries case — 6 things to know
- Patient sues troubled orthopedic surgeon for malpractice — 7 things to know
- 23 statistics for orthopedic surgeons — compensation, net worth & more
- Brigham and Women's Hospital names Dr. James Kang orthopedics chairman: 6 key facts
- 10 trends in the spinal fusion market
- The future of orthopedics: ACOs, bundled payments, gain-sharing & the advantage in change
- Cleveland Clinic standardizes to 2 implant vendors, at least one orthopedic surgeon out
- 22 things to know about Stryker
- 15 things to know about Smith & Nephew
- Spine surgery in a value-based world: Dr. Jed Vanichkachorn on spine bundled payments
- The endless possibilities in spine biologics, artificial disc & outpatient procedures
- Orthopedic surgeon Dr. Michael Reilly's whistleblower lawsuit results in $69M+ penalty for Broward Health — 7 things to know
- Surface technology for spine devices: Key trends & concepts
- Becker's Spine Review Channels
- 5 things to know about physician assistant pay
- Hospital employment vs. independent practice: 5 spine surgeons weigh in
- Current annual & hourly salary rates for orthopedic surgeons: 8 statistics
- Surgeon Scorecard — Good or bad for spine? 5 things to know
- Did this orthopedic surgeon let his PA perform surgery? Dr. Munir Uwaydah faces conspiracy, $150M fraud & aggravated mayhem charges: 6 key notes
- 3rd spinal cord injury patient with InVivo's Neuro-Spinal Scaffold improving: 5 key updates
- Former OtisMed CEO gets 2 years in prison in knee device scandal — 5 key notes
- 15 things to know about physician shortages
- Dr. Sang-Ho Lee awarded Parviz Kambin award for endoscopic spine surgery at NASS meeting: 5 highlights
- Renowned orthopedic surgeon Dr. Robert Small dies in bicycle crash — 4 things to know
- 22 minimally invasive spine devices to know
- NYU Langone welcomes Dr. R. Shay Bess as head of adult spinal deformity: 7 key notes
- Zimmer-Biomet $14B merger finally complete — 6 things to know
- Spinal fusion after 10 years: 5 key notes on adjacent segment disease
- Physician stabbed in Virginia leaving clinic — Attacker wanted more pain meds
- DePuy Synthes, 3D Systems, DJO & more — 20 key notes
- Dr. Richard Rooney pleads guilty to undisclosed financial interest, sentenced to prison: 5 things to know