The practices have entered into the due diligence process, which they expect to complete in fall of this year. As a result of the merger, Crystal Lake Orthopedics will expand subspecialty services of spine, pediatric orthopedics and hip arthroscopy with additional recruitment or rotation of surgeons in these subspecialties.
The clinics will maintain separate names after the merger is complete and providers will remain in their current areas to avoid disruption in patient care.
More Articles on Orthopedic Surgery:
8 Ideas for Orthopedic Practices to Improve Their Bottom Line
102 Surgeons Focused on Spine Surgery
3B Orthopaedics Surgeons Join Aria Health
Rockford Orthopedic Associates Merges With Crystal Lake Orthopedics FeaturedWritten by Laura Dyrda | Friday, 25 January 2013 15:11
Rockford (Ill.) Orthopedic Associates and Crystal Lake Orthopedics have announced their intention to merge.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Most Read - Improving Profits
- 13 facts and statistics on Baby Boomers for spine surgeons to know
- Yearlong investigation finds 2.4k+ physicians sanctioned for sexually abusing patients: 8 things to know
- The business of private practice — Dr. Paul Slosar on physician independence
- EHRs may yield higher malpractice risk: 6 key points
- Bidding for orthopedic care: 5 things to know about Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic's patient-focused collaboration
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- Medtronic, Stryker, Zimmer Biomet, DePuy Synthes, Smith & Nephew: Who had the best 2015? 32 things to know
- Justice Department investigates pain compounding cream for $500M potential fraud: 5 things to know
- Physician receives second-degree murder sentence for overprescribing pain medication: 6 key points
- 5 most common reasons orthopedic surgeons are sued
- 22 spine surgeon leadership awards | 2016
- Has Xenco Medical Ushered in the Future of Spine Surgery?
- 10 spine, neurosurgeons on the move in January 2016
- 5 things to know about wearable technology in medicine
- Zimmer Biomet, Stryker, J&J & more: 26 key notes — AAOS edition
- Dr. James Andrews #5 among richest doctors in the world: 6 points
- Stryker, Titan Spine, ConforMIS & more: 16 key notes
- 5 ways big data will affect healthcare providers in 2016 & beyond
- Surgical tech sues Yale-New Haven Hospital surgeon after OR altercation — 5 key notes
- Bundled payments, consolidation & more: How OrthoVirginia is building a future-facing empire
- Beyond the device: How DePuy Synthes is innovating in orthopedic & spine technology
- Orthopedic surgeons generate $2.7M for affiliated hospitals; 5.5 times what they make — 5 survey findings
- CJR bundles to pay $25k per episode: 8 statistics on cost breakdown
- The best way to prepare for the future in spine: Dr. Hyun Bae
- 15 statistics on orthopedic surgeon starting salaries
- Top 10 highest-earning physician specialties — Orthopedics leads for 6th consecutive year
- The entrepreneur mindset: How an MBA opened doors for one spine surgeon's practice
- Dr. Kevin Pauza unsurprised with Tiger Woods' slow back surgery recovery: 5 insights
- 13 statistics on neurosurgeon salary in 2016
- The growth of outpatient spine — 9 Key Points
- 6 statistics on orthopedic surgeon compensation — Which practice setting pays most?
- PODs under attack again: 5 key notes from the Senate Finance Committee's report
- Top 5 EHR vendors to partner with in 2016
- Novel technologies make a splash in outpatient spine setting — Dr. Nick Shamie weighs in
- Where global spine market leaders are headed: 7 key notes on Medtronic, DePuy Synthes, Stryker & more
- Should medical device companies advertise direct to consumers?
- CMS's lowest vs. highest-paid physicians: 5 key points
- 5 trends in complex spine surgery
- Orthopedic surgeons leave Salina Regional over on-call payment dispute: 5 things to know
- Andrews Institute adds regenerative medicine, stem cell center: 5 things to know
- ISSCR updates stem cell research guidelines; warns against stem cell medical tourism — 5 insights
- Siemens, Ziehm, GE, Hologic, OrthoScan & Medtronic: 26 O-arm & C-arm systems
- Which 4 emerging trends will drive the global spine surgery market?
- Dr. George Rappard performs 1st US MIS procedure with Sony heads-up display: 5 observations
- Long Island physician faces drug charges following patient death — 5 things to know
- The low hanging fruit of HIPAA compliance: 8 best practices