BASIC Spine. BASIC Spine recently announced its plan to open a new 12,000-square-foot facility in Newport Beach, Calif., in February 2013. Led by neurosurgeon G. Thaiyananthan, MD, the facility will include spine surgery and pain management as well as chiropractic care.
Loveland Spine Institute. The surgeons of Rocky Mountain Associates have announced they plan to open a new surgery center in July 2013. The group, which focuses on spine surgery, purchased land for the ASC in October for $385,000.
Orthopedic Specialists of Seattle Surgery Center. The Orthopedic Specialists of Seattle have announced the grand opening o their new surgery center for March 2013. The practice includes orthopedic surgeons with a special interest in knee and hip surgery, extremities care and sports medicine.
Malo ASC. The Malo Health Clinic and Wellness Center in Rutherford, N.J., plans to open a new four-OR ambulatory surgery center focused on several specialties, including orthopedics, spine, interventional pain management, hand surgery and podiatric surgery.
Michigan's Metro Health. Metro Health in Grand Rapids, Mich., has announced plans to expand its downtown surgery center by adding a fourth operating room. The outpatient surgery center will be renamed the Metro Health OAM Surgery Center in collaboration with Orthopedic Associates of Michigan. The fourth operating suite will be added in January 2013.
Pearland Surgery Center. Texas Medical Center in Houston plans to open a surgery center in Pearland that will include pain management, general surgery, orthopedics and spine. The 13,000-square-foot facility will have two main operating rooms and three minor operating rooms.
Raleigh Orthopaedic Surgery Center. Raleigh Orthopaedic Clinic and Rex Healthcare plan to open a surgery center in 2013. The 27,707 square-foot facility is a joint venture between the two groups and will include four operating rooms and two procedure rooms. The four story building will also include new office buildings and more than 30 full-time employees. Hadley Callaway, MD, is president of Raleigh Orthopaedic Clinic.
St. Francis Medical Center. Compass Surgical Partners, local physicians and St. Francis Medical Center entered into a joint venture for a new ASC, which is projected to open during the third quarter of 2013. The new facility will include orthopedics, spine, pain management and general surgery.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
10 Key Issues for ASCs
6 Tips on Managing Business Office Staff in an Ambulatory Surgery Center
6 Tips to Overcome Payor concerns With Spine surgery in ASCs
8 Surgery Centers Opening in 2013 With Orthopedics & Spine FeaturedWritten by Laura Dyrda | Friday, 21 December 2012 19:55
Here are eight ambulatory surgery centers opening in 2013 that include orthopedics procedures.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
- 9 Mayo Clinic strategies to quench the physician burnout flame
- Rochester Regional Health in NY acquires Finger Lakes Bone & Joint Center: 5 key notes
- 7 trends in healthcare digital transformation
- What not to wear — Physician's attire elicits mixed responses in outpatient orthopedic centers
- What are the driving forces behind Medicare reimbursement for total joint arthroplasty? 7 key notes
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- 20 new MIS spine devices in 2016
- 44 MIS spine devices to know | 2016
- 21 smart spine surgeons with gifted business minds
- Top 12 most-liked spine surgeons on the internet
- Police investigate death of American Spine Center's physician accused in federal kickback scheme: 6 things to know
- Consumer Reports: 34 top-rated US hospitals for hip replacements
- Suicide likely cause of Dr. Sandeep Sherlekar's death, police report shows: 6 things to know
- Dr. George Rappard performs 1st US MIS procedure with Sony heads-up display: 5 observations
- Annual & hourly orthopedic surgeon salary — 10 latest statistics
- Trusting a robot — Dr. Juan Torres-Reveron on performing 1st US ROSA Spine surgery
- 12 statistics on social media's presence in the healthcare space
- 5 key notes on the Zimmer Biomet-LDR acquisition & its impact on Texas
- 38 female spine surgeon leaders to know
- Dr. Gregory Sherr sues HealthEast, CentraCare & 6 neurosurgeons for allegedly ruining his reputation & career — 6 things to know
- Oregon spine surgeon implicated in $22M lawsuit for paralyzing patient with dropped instrument: 5 things to know
- UPMC to pay $2.5M+ to settle neurosurgery-related False Claims Act violation allegations: 7 things to know
- US News & World Report: Top 10 hospitals for orthopedics
- 4 North Carolina orthopedic practices merge to create EmergeOrtho: 5 key notes
- 7 things to know about Mazor Robotics & Medtronic's plans to roll out Mazor X
- The state of minimally invasive spine surgery: Dr. Frank Phillips on devices, payment & outpatient ASCs
- 11 highest-paying states for orthopedic surgeons: New Jersey tops the list at $494.5k
- Beyond the implant — DePuy Synthes pushes innovation inside & out of the OR
- Zimmer Biomet jumps into robotics with MedTech acquisition: 5 things to know
- Orthopedic surgeon Dr. Michael Russin dies following plane crash: 5 key notes
- 34 latest trends in the global orthopedic devices market
- 21 statistics and facts for orthopedic surgeons — compensation, net worth and more
- 19 more things to know about orthopedic bundled payments — September 2016
- Are Stryker's hip implants about to be recalled?
- Trump or Hillary? The physicians have voted
- FDA regulation, insurance coverage: Dr. Raj N. Sureja talks challenges in regenerative medicine
- Do you know what patients really care about when choosing a spine surgeon?
- 13 facts and statistics on Baby Boomers for spine surgeons to know
- 5 trends for orthopedic surgeons to watch in 2017
- 3 orthopedic clinics to pay $2.39M to settle False Claims Act allegations: 5 things to know
- 10 thoughts and statistics on medical malpractice claims against orthopedists
- Evolutionary vs. revolutionary: The future of surgical devices and spine surgery
- Robotics is here to stay — Drs. Kornelis Poelstra & Dennis Devito on working with Mazor technology
- UCLA pays $8.5M to settle 2 lawsuits after undisclosed spine surgeon relationship with Medtronic: 5 key notes
- Medtronic, SeaSpine, Zimmer Biomet & more: 17 key notes
- The efficacy of electrical bone stimulators & ultrasound for bone healing — Dr. Mohit Bhandari weighs in with new evidence