BASIC Spine. BASIC Spine recently announced its plan to open a new 12,000-square-foot facility in Newport Beach, Calif., in February 2013. Led by neurosurgeon G. Thaiyananthan, MD, the facility will include spine surgery and pain management as well as chiropractic care.
Loveland Spine Institute. The surgeons of Rocky Mountain Associates have announced they plan to open a new surgery center in July 2013. The group, which focuses on spine surgery, purchased land for the ASC in October for $385,000.
Orthopedic Specialists of Seattle Surgery Center. The Orthopedic Specialists of Seattle have announced the grand opening o their new surgery center for March 2013. The practice includes orthopedic surgeons with a special interest in knee and hip surgery, extremities care and sports medicine.
Malo ASC. The Malo Health Clinic and Wellness Center in Rutherford, N.J., plans to open a new four-OR ambulatory surgery center focused on several specialties, including orthopedics, spine, interventional pain management, hand surgery and podiatric surgery.
Michigan's Metro Health. Metro Health in Grand Rapids, Mich., has announced plans to expand its downtown surgery center by adding a fourth operating room. The outpatient surgery center will be renamed the Metro Health OAM Surgery Center in collaboration with Orthopedic Associates of Michigan. The fourth operating suite will be added in January 2013.
Pearland Surgery Center. Texas Medical Center in Houston plans to open a surgery center in Pearland that will include pain management, general surgery, orthopedics and spine. The 13,000-square-foot facility will have two main operating rooms and three minor operating rooms.
Raleigh Orthopaedic Surgery Center. Raleigh Orthopaedic Clinic and Rex Healthcare plan to open a surgery center in 2013. The 27,707 square-foot facility is a joint venture between the two groups and will include four operating rooms and two procedure rooms. The four story building will also include new office buildings and more than 30 full-time employees. Hadley Callaway, MD, is president of Raleigh Orthopaedic Clinic.
St. Francis Medical Center. Compass Surgical Partners, local physicians and St. Francis Medical Center entered into a joint venture for a new ASC, which is projected to open during the third quarter of 2013. The new facility will include orthopedics, spine, pain management and general surgery.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
10 Key Issues for ASCs
6 Tips on Managing Business Office Staff in an Ambulatory Surgery Center
6 Tips to Overcome Payor concerns With Spine surgery in ASCs
8 Surgery Centers Opening in 2013 With Orthopedics & Spine FeaturedWritten by Laura Dyrda | Friday, 21 December 2012 19:55
Here are eight ambulatory surgery centers opening in 2013 that include orthopedics procedures.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Most Read - Improving Profits
- 5 most common reasons orthopedic surgeons are sued
- 5 things to know about wearable technology in medicine
- Orthopedic surgeon salary in the UK, Canada & Australia: 4 key notes
- Is orthopedics a changing field? Drs. Juliet DeCampos, Jocelyn Idema & Barbara Bergin tackle the gender gap in orthopedics
- Bundled payments, consolidation & more: How OrthoVirginia is building a future-facing empire
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- Cleveland Clinic standardizes to 2 implant vendors, at least one orthopedic surgeon out
- 22 minimally invasive spine devices to know
- 5 things to know about physician assistant pay
- Becker's Spine Review Channels
- Did this orthopedic surgeon let his PA perform surgery? Dr. Munir Uwaydah faces conspiracy, $150M fraud & aggravated mayhem charges: 6 key notes
- Surface technology for spine devices: Key trends & concepts
- Orthopedic surgeon Dr. Michael Reilly's whistleblower lawsuit results in $69M+ penalty for Broward Health — 7 things to know
- 15 things to know about physician shortages
- 334 spine surgeons to know — 2016
- Dr. Richard Rooney pleads guilty to undisclosed financial interest, sentenced to prison: 5 things to know
- Rumors of a Stryker acquisition of Smith & Nephew swirl once again: 6 key notes
- Physician stabbed in Virginia leaving clinic — Attacker wanted more pain meds
- Dr. Sang-Ho Lee awarded Parviz Kambin award for endoscopic spine surgery at NASS meeting: 5 highlights
- Stryker recalls 16k+ units of orthopedic products: 5 takeaways
- The future of private practice: Key thoughts from OrthoCarolina CEO Dr. Daniel Murrey
- 5 trends putting the squeeze on surgical practices
- MIS, stem cells, biologics & more: What excites spine surgeons most about the current landscape?
- Google and Johnson & Johnson to form new surgical company — 4 highlights
- Transparency in healthcare can work today — Hoag Orthopedic Institute proves it
- Global spine surgery device market seeing double-digit growth: 5 key points
- Drs. Troy Caron, Raj Kakarlapudi, Jeff Martin join Laser Spine's surgery centers: 5 key points
- The theory behind Geisinger's spine surgery refund
- 8 surprising topics your spine patients are researching
- The ICD-10 deadline is almost upon us — Are spine surgeons ready?
- 5 key trends on Massachusetts physician pay — And what it means for US physicians
- Q2 financials: 150 things to know about NuVasive, Stryker, J&J Orthopedics & more
- 5 trends in the medical tourism market
- 5 huge reputation management mistakes for surgeons
- 10 statistics on neurosurgeon salaries & bonuses
- 10 key notes on the 2016 CMS physician fee schedule
- Stryker director sells 18k shares, following Smith & Nephew acquisition rumors: 7 points
- Intersecting care of spine pain specialists & spine surgeons: Drs. Heidi Prather & Scott Glaser talk pain
- Rothman Institute merges with OrthopaediCare; adds 17 physicians: 4 things to know
- Did Loma Linda's orthopedic device rep-less strategy work? 5 things to know
- Alphatec Spine, LDR, Globus Medical & more — 21 key notes
- Is PEEK cost-effective for spinal surgery? 5 things to know
- Population health on a budget: How one orthopedic surgeon succeeded in Chicago's most impoverished neighborhoods
- 32 hospitals to pay $28M in spine surgery false claims settlement: 5 things to know
- ProDisc-C vs. spinal fusion: Which has better results? 5 key notes
- Smith & Nephew acquires Blue Belt Technologies — Will Stryker make its move soon? 5 key notes