BASIC Spine. BASIC Spine recently announced its plan to open a new 12,000-square-foot facility in Newport Beach, Calif., in February 2013. Led by neurosurgeon G. Thaiyananthan, MD, the facility will include spine surgery and pain management as well as chiropractic care.
Loveland Spine Institute. The surgeons of Rocky Mountain Associates have announced they plan to open a new surgery center in July 2013. The group, which focuses on spine surgery, purchased land for the ASC in October for $385,000.
Orthopedic Specialists of Seattle Surgery Center. The Orthopedic Specialists of Seattle have announced the grand opening o their new surgery center for March 2013. The practice includes orthopedic surgeons with a special interest in knee and hip surgery, extremities care and sports medicine.
Malo ASC. The Malo Health Clinic and Wellness Center in Rutherford, N.J., plans to open a new four-OR ambulatory surgery center focused on several specialties, including orthopedics, spine, interventional pain management, hand surgery and podiatric surgery.
Michigan's Metro Health. Metro Health in Grand Rapids, Mich., has announced plans to expand its downtown surgery center by adding a fourth operating room. The outpatient surgery center will be renamed the Metro Health OAM Surgery Center in collaboration with Orthopedic Associates of Michigan. The fourth operating suite will be added in January 2013.
Pearland Surgery Center. Texas Medical Center in Houston plans to open a surgery center in Pearland that will include pain management, general surgery, orthopedics and spine. The 13,000-square-foot facility will have two main operating rooms and three minor operating rooms.
Raleigh Orthopaedic Surgery Center. Raleigh Orthopaedic Clinic and Rex Healthcare plan to open a surgery center in 2013. The 27,707 square-foot facility is a joint venture between the two groups and will include four operating rooms and two procedure rooms. The four story building will also include new office buildings and more than 30 full-time employees. Hadley Callaway, MD, is president of Raleigh Orthopaedic Clinic.
St. Francis Medical Center. Compass Surgical Partners, local physicians and St. Francis Medical Center entered into a joint venture for a new ASC, which is projected to open during the third quarter of 2013. The new facility will include orthopedics, spine, pain management and general surgery.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
10 Key Issues for ASCs
6 Tips on Managing Business Office Staff in an Ambulatory Surgery Center
6 Tips to Overcome Payor concerns With Spine surgery in ASCs
8 Surgery Centers Opening in 2013 With Orthopedics & Spine FeaturedWritten by Laura Dyrda | Friday, 21 December 2012 19:55
Here are eight ambulatory surgery centers opening in 2013 that include orthopedics procedures.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Most Read - Improving Profits
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- North American Spine brings in two new procedures — 5 things to know
- DePuy Synthes, Stryker, Zimmer, Medtronic lead global orthopedics now — 8 key notes on where they're headed
- 15 things to know about Zimmer Biomet
- 20 Spine Surgeon Leadership Awards | 2015
- 25 Spine Device Awards | 2015
- A differentiated approach in lateral spine surgery: Oblique lateral interbody fusion (OLIF at L2-L5)
- Neurosurgeon named in counterfeit spinal implant lawsuit — 5 things to know
- Top 10 specialties with highest pay — Orthopedists lead the pack
- 6 spine physicians ranked #1 on Google
- Dr. Aria Sabit pleads guilty to unnecessary spine surgery, faces 11+ years in prison — 5 things to know
- 55 statistics and issues for neurosurgeons and orthopedic spine surgeons — compensation, global device market and more
- Is the Zimmer-Biomet closed merger finally around the corner? 5 things to know
- Dr. Neal ElAttrache to perform Manny Pacquiao's shoulder surgery: 5 things to know
- Another spine surgeon named in "fake implants" lawsuit — This time in Maryland: 5 key notes
- Medtronic pays 8 physicians $1M+: 5 key notes
- Northwestern's Feinberg School of Medicine neurological surgery chief Dr. Andrew Parsa dies
- Spinal fusion vs. disc replacement: Which costs more? 5 key notes
- Zimmer Q1 sales drop 2.3%, Biomet merger still not final — 10 things to know
- How The CORE Institute grew 40% last quarter — IT leads the way
- Is Smith & Nephew's cost-conscious strategy working? 5 key notes
- UPMC's Dr. Tanya Hagen dies at age 45
- Hospitals face 4 lawsuits in connection with unnecessary spine surgeries case — 6 things to know
- Medtronic facing product liability lawsuit over Infuse once more: 9 things to know
- How high-energy spine surgeons start their day — 5 things to know
- Grand jury indicts troubled Texas spine surgeon — 5 key notes
- 5 statistics on orthopedic surgeon net worth
- Cervical disc replacement Mobi-C vs. spinal fusion: Are there advantages to one? 6 key notes
- Spinal deformity surgery — On the cutting edge with Drs. Isador Lieberman, Suken Shah
- Patient sues troubled orthopedic surgeon for malpractice — 7 things to know
- 23 statistics for orthopedic surgeons — compensation, net worth & more
- Hospital for Special Surgery names Dr. Frank Schwab spine service chief — 5 things to know
- 10 trends in the spinal fusion market
- 8 ways to improve your patient experience
- Brigham and Women's Hospital names Dr. James Kang orthopedics chairman: 6 key facts
- The future of orthopedics: ACOs, bundled payments, gain-sharing & the advantage in change
- 8 reasons why things are looking up for Amedica
- Minimally invasive spine surgery — Current trends & topics
- The best vacation spots for spine surgeons
- Spine surgery in a value-based world: Dr. Jed Vanichkachorn on spine bundled payments
- Hospital employment vs. independent practice: 5 spine surgeons weigh in