BASIC Spine. BASIC Spine recently announced its plan to open a new 12,000-square-foot facility in Newport Beach, Calif., in February 2013. Led by neurosurgeon G. Thaiyananthan, MD, the facility will include spine surgery and pain management as well as chiropractic care.
Loveland Spine Institute. The surgeons of Rocky Mountain Associates have announced they plan to open a new surgery center in July 2013. The group, which focuses on spine surgery, purchased land for the ASC in October for $385,000.
Orthopedic Specialists of Seattle Surgery Center. The Orthopedic Specialists of Seattle have announced the grand opening o their new surgery center for March 2013. The practice includes orthopedic surgeons with a special interest in knee and hip surgery, extremities care and sports medicine.
Malo ASC. The Malo Health Clinic and Wellness Center in Rutherford, N.J., plans to open a new four-OR ambulatory surgery center focused on several specialties, including orthopedics, spine, interventional pain management, hand surgery and podiatric surgery.
Michigan's Metro Health. Metro Health in Grand Rapids, Mich., has announced plans to expand its downtown surgery center by adding a fourth operating room. The outpatient surgery center will be renamed the Metro Health OAM Surgery Center in collaboration with Orthopedic Associates of Michigan. The fourth operating suite will be added in January 2013.
Pearland Surgery Center. Texas Medical Center in Houston plans to open a surgery center in Pearland that will include pain management, general surgery, orthopedics and spine. The 13,000-square-foot facility will have two main operating rooms and three minor operating rooms.
Raleigh Orthopaedic Surgery Center. Raleigh Orthopaedic Clinic and Rex Healthcare plan to open a surgery center in 2013. The 27,707 square-foot facility is a joint venture between the two groups and will include four operating rooms and two procedure rooms. The four story building will also include new office buildings and more than 30 full-time employees. Hadley Callaway, MD, is president of Raleigh Orthopaedic Clinic.
St. Francis Medical Center. Compass Surgical Partners, local physicians and St. Francis Medical Center entered into a joint venture for a new ASC, which is projected to open during the third quarter of 2013. The new facility will include orthopedics, spine, pain management and general surgery.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
10 Key Issues for ASCs
6 Tips on Managing Business Office Staff in an Ambulatory Surgery Center
6 Tips to Overcome Payor concerns With Spine surgery in ASCs
8 Surgery Centers Opening in 2013 With Orthopedics & Spine FeaturedWritten by Laura Dyrda | Friday, 21 December 2012 19:55
Here are eight ambulatory surgery centers opening in 2013 that include orthopedics procedures.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Most Read - Improving Profits
- Orthopedic surgeons leave Salina Regional over on-call payment dispute: 5 things to know
- 87% of solo practitioners to face MIPS penalty in 2019 — 6 statistics on how Medicare's new payment model may impact solo physicians & small practices
- 6 key points on physician compensation: 2015-2016 — Administrative payments up 25%
- Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush offers packaged pricing: 6 things to know
- Orthopedic surgeon participation in alternate payment models — 2015 vs. 2016: 4 notes
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- 336 spine surgeons to know — 2016
- Rumors of a Stryker acquisition of Smith & Nephew swirl once again: 6 key notes
- Google and Johnson & Johnson to form new surgical company — 4 highlights
- Medtronic, Stryker, Zimmer Biomet, DePuy Synthes, Smith & Nephew: Who had the best 2015? 32 things to know
- Did Loma Linda's orthopedic device rep-less strategy work? 5 things to know
- 5 huge reputation management mistakes for surgeons
- Stryker director sells 18k shares, following Smith & Nephew acquisition rumors: 7 points
- Smith & Nephew acquires Blue Belt Technologies — Will Stryker make its move soon? 5 key notes
- Is the Johnson & Johnson job cut an ominous sign for the medical device industry? 5 key thoughts
- Justice Department investigates pain compounding cream for $500M potential fraud: 5 things to know
- Physician receives second-degree murder sentence for overprescribing pain medication: 6 key points
- Population health on a budget: How one orthopedic surgeon succeeded in Chicago's most impoverished neighborhoods
- 10 Things to know about the Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement (CJR) Model
- Looking ahead to 2016: What excites spine surgeons most?
- 5 most common reasons orthopedic surgeons are sued
- 32 hospitals to pay $28M in spine surgery false claims settlement: 5 things to know
- 10 spine, neurosurgeons on the move in January 2016
- North Carolina physician group creates orthopedic bundled payment system — 5 takeaways
- Dr. James Andrews #5 among richest doctors in the world: 6 points
- Dr. Robert Blok joins Laser Spine Institute — 4 key points
- 5 ways big data will affect healthcare providers in 2016 & beyond
- 5 things to know about wearable technology in medicine
- Zimmer Biomet, Stryker, J&J & more: 26 key notes — AAOS edition
- Stryker, Titan Spine, ConforMIS & more: 16 key notes
- Surgical tech sues Yale-New Haven Hospital surgeon after OR altercation — 5 key notes
- Orthopedic surgeons generate $2.7M for affiliated hospitals; 5.5 times what they make — 5 survey findings
- CJR bundles to pay $25k per episode: 8 statistics on cost breakdown
- 22 spine surgeon leadership awards | 2016
- 15 statistics on orthopedic surgeon starting salaries
- The best way to prepare for the future in spine: Dr. Hyun Bae
- Bundled payments, consolidation & more: How OrthoVirginia is building a future-facing empire
- Top 10 highest-earning physician specialties — Orthopedics leads for 6th consecutive year
- From cost to patient care — The many ways orthopedic bundled payments help hospitals
- Beyond the device: How DePuy Synthes is innovating in orthopedic & spine technology
- 6 statistics on orthopedic surgeon compensation — Which practice setting pays most?
- 13 statistics on neurosurgeon salary in 2016
- The entrepreneur mindset: How an MBA opened doors for one spine surgeon's practice
- Orthopedics and spine — 6 trends for 2016
- The growth of outpatient spine — 9 Key Points
- Top 5 EHR vendors to partner with in 2016