Beaumont Health System in Royal Oak, Mich., recently joined the American Joint Replacement Registry, which is a not-for-profit national database of joint replacement procedures.
Harris Medical Center Hospital announced its plans to open an orthopedics hospital in Silverdale, Wis., in September of this year.
Lewisburg, Pa.-based Evangelica Community Hospital opened a new Center for Orthopaedics designed to meet the needs of orthopedic patients.
Maple Grove (Minn.) Hospital completed a major expansion to add 46 patient rooms and two examination rooms to expand the hospital's orthopedic and spine services.
Medstar is planning to add a new medical campus in Hartford County, Conn., that will include orthopedics and sports medicine.
Durango Orthopedics began a partnership with Pegosa Springs (Colo.) Medical Center to perform surgery there.
Tri-City Medical Center in Oceanside, Calif., purchased its second Renaissance surgical system from Mazor Robotics, becoming the first health system to own more than one system.
Hammond, La.-based North Oaks Medical Center unveiled its new five-story wing that includes a customized orthopedic and neurosurgery floor as well as a patient rehabilitation gym.
Northern Inyo Hospital in Bishop Calif., plans to open its first orthopedic clinic with the acquisition of Sierra Crest Orthopedics and Neurology, previously run by Mammoth Hospital.
St. Vincent Health hired a group of orthopedic surgeons from PremierOrtho in Bloomington, Ind., to create an Orthopedic Center of Excellence at Monroe Hospital.
Tyler-based Texas Spine & Joint will open an urgent care facility and share the space with Azalea Orthopedics.
Wise Regional Health System in Decatur, Texas, broke ground on its Parkway Surgical and Cardiovascular Hospital in Fort Worth, which will focus on minimally invasive spine care, among other procedures.
More Articles on Orthopedic Surgery:
5 Key Concepts for Orthopedics Bundled Payments
How Large Scale Patient Education Efforts Improve Orthopedic Practices: Q&A With Steven Siwek of Medical Marketing Solutions
Quality & Cost Effective Spinal Imaging of the Future: Q&A With Eric Bailey of NeuroLogica
12 Hospitals Enhance Orthopedic & Spine Services FeaturedWritten by Laura Dyrda | Friday, 18 January 2013 21:03
Here are 12 hospitals that announced or opened expansion projects for orthopedic and spine services.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- 22 spine surgeon leadership awards | 2016
- Has Xenco Medical Ushered in the Future of Spine Surgery?
- Zimmer Biomet, Stryker, J&J & more: 26 key notes — AAOS edition
- Dr. James Andrews #5 among richest doctors in the world: 6 points
- Beyond the device: How DePuy Synthes is innovating in orthopedic & spine technology
- Orthopedic surgeons generate $2.7M for affiliated hospitals; 5.5 times what they make — 5 survey findings
- CJR bundles to pay $25k per episode: 8 statistics on cost breakdown
- Dr. Kevin Pauza unsurprised with Tiger Woods' slow back surgery recovery: 5 insights
- Top 10 highest-earning physician specialties — Orthopedics leads for 6th consecutive year
- Novel technologies make a splash in outpatient spine setting — Dr. Nick Shamie weighs in
- PODs under attack again: 5 key notes from the Senate Finance Committee's report
- Where global spine market leaders are headed: 7 key notes on Medtronic, DePuy Synthes, Stryker & more
- 6 statistics on orthopedic surgeon compensation — Which practice setting pays most?
- 21 smart spine surgeons with gifted business minds
- CMS's lowest vs. highest-paid physicians: 5 key points
- Consumer Reports: 34 top-rated US hospitals for hip replacements
- Top 12 most-liked spine surgeons on the internet
- 5 trends in complex spine surgery
- Dr. George Rappard performs 1st US MIS procedure with Sony heads-up display: 5 observations
- Siemens, Ziehm, GE, Hologic, OrthoScan & Medtronic: 26 O-arm & C-arm systems
- Which 4 emerging trends will drive the global spine surgery market?
- Orthopedic surgeons leave Salina Regional over on-call payment dispute: 5 things to know
- Andrews Institute adds regenerative medicine, stem cell center: 5 things to know
- ISSCR updates stem cell research guidelines; warns against stem cell medical tourism — 5 insights
- Annual & hourly orthopedic surgeon salary — 10 latest statistics
- The low hanging fruit of HIPAA compliance: 8 best practices
- Stryker launches Aero-C spinal fusion implant: 5 key notes
- Zimmer Biomet to acquire LDR in $1B transaction — 9 things to know
- The great PA debate: Should spine surgeons hire them?
- Surgeon entrepreneur: Dr. Kern Singh's quest to make lateral spine surgery more accessible
- Trusting a robot — Dr. Juan Torres-Reveron on performing 1st US ROSA Spine surgery
- 87% of solo practitioners to face MIPS penalty in 2019 — 6 statistics on how Medicare's new payment model may impact solo physicians & small practices
- MIS spine's promising future — Key insights from SMISS President Dr. Greg Anderson
- How Responsive Orthopedics defied the industry norm to make knee, hip devices more affordable — 6 key insights
- Paradigm Spine pays $585k in False Claims Act settlement; denies allegations: 5 things to know
- 5 key notes on the Zimmer Biomet-LDR acquisition & its impact on Texas
- Bundled payments to account for 30%-45% of spine reimbursement in 3 years: 4 insights
- UPMC to pay $2.5M+ to settle neurosurgery-related False Claims Act violation allegations: 7 things to know
- 12 statistics on social media's presence in the healthcare space
- More than half of hospital orthopedic programs unprepared for CMS joint replacement program: 7 takeaways