Beaumont Health System in Royal Oak, Mich., recently joined the American Joint Replacement Registry, which is a not-for-profit national database of joint replacement procedures.
Harris Medical Center Hospital announced its plans to open an orthopedics hospital in Silverdale, Wis., in September of this year.
Lewisburg, Pa.-based Evangelica Community Hospital opened a new Center for Orthopaedics designed to meet the needs of orthopedic patients.
Maple Grove (Minn.) Hospital completed a major expansion to add 46 patient rooms and two examination rooms to expand the hospital's orthopedic and spine services.
Medstar is planning to add a new medical campus in Hartford County, Conn., that will include orthopedics and sports medicine.
Durango Orthopedics began a partnership with Pegosa Springs (Colo.) Medical Center to perform surgery there.
Tri-City Medical Center in Oceanside, Calif., purchased its second Renaissance surgical system from Mazor Robotics, becoming the first health system to own more than one system.
Hammond, La.-based North Oaks Medical Center unveiled its new five-story wing that includes a customized orthopedic and neurosurgery floor as well as a patient rehabilitation gym.
Northern Inyo Hospital in Bishop Calif., plans to open its first orthopedic clinic with the acquisition of Sierra Crest Orthopedics and Neurology, previously run by Mammoth Hospital.
St. Vincent Health hired a group of orthopedic surgeons from PremierOrtho in Bloomington, Ind., to create an Orthopedic Center of Excellence at Monroe Hospital.
Tyler-based Texas Spine & Joint will open an urgent care facility and share the space with Azalea Orthopedics.
Wise Regional Health System in Decatur, Texas, broke ground on its Parkway Surgical and Cardiovascular Hospital in Fort Worth, which will focus on minimally invasive spine care, among other procedures.
More Articles on Orthopedic Surgery:
5 Key Concepts for Orthopedics Bundled Payments
How Large Scale Patient Education Efforts Improve Orthopedic Practices: Q&A With Steven Siwek of Medical Marketing Solutions
Quality & Cost Effective Spinal Imaging of the Future: Q&A With Eric Bailey of NeuroLogica
12 Hospitals Enhance Orthopedic & Spine Services FeaturedWritten by Laura Dyrda | Friday, 18 January 2013 21:03
Here are 12 hospitals that announced or opened expansion projects for orthopedic and spine services.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- 22 spine surgeon leadership awards | 2016
- Has Xenco Medical Ushered in the Future of Spine Surgery?
- Orthopedic surgeons generate $2.7M for affiliated hospitals; 5.5 times what they make — 5 survey findings
- Where global spine market leaders are headed: 7 key notes on Medtronic, DePuy Synthes, Stryker & more
- Novel technologies make a splash in outpatient spine setting — Dr. Nick Shamie weighs in
- PODs under attack again: 5 key notes from the Senate Finance Committee's report
- 21 smart spine surgeons with gifted business minds
- Top 12 most-liked spine surgeons on the internet
- Siemens, Ziehm, GE, Hologic, OrthoScan & Medtronic: 26 O-arm & C-arm systems
- Consumer Reports: 34 top-rated US hospitals for hip replacements
- Dr. George Rappard performs 1st US MIS procedure with Sony heads-up display: 5 observations
- Orthopedic surgeons leave Salina Regional over on-call payment dispute: 5 things to know
- Andrews Institute adds regenerative medicine, stem cell center: 5 things to know
- Zimmer Biomet to acquire LDR in $1B transaction — 9 things to know
- Annual & hourly orthopedic surgeon salary — 10 latest statistics
- 44 MIS spine devices to know | 2016
- The low hanging fruit of HIPAA compliance: 8 best practices
- Trusting a robot — Dr. Juan Torres-Reveron on performing 1st US ROSA Spine surgery
- ISSCR updates stem cell research guidelines; warns against stem cell medical tourism — 5 insights
- 20 new MIS spine devices in 2016
- 87% of solo practitioners to face MIPS penalty in 2019 — 6 statistics on how Medicare's new payment model may impact solo physicians & small practices
- How Responsive Orthopedics defied the industry norm to make knee, hip devices more affordable — 6 key insights
- Paradigm Spine pays $585k in False Claims Act settlement; denies allegations: 5 things to know
- Surgeon entrepreneur: Dr. Kern Singh's quest to make lateral spine surgery more accessible
- 5 key notes on the Zimmer Biomet-LDR acquisition & its impact on Texas
- 12 statistics on social media's presence in the healthcare space
- MIS spine's promising future — Key insights from SMISS President Dr. Greg Anderson
- UPMC to pay $2.5M+ to settle neurosurgery-related False Claims Act violation allegations: 7 things to know
- 5 key points on Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush's bundled payments making healthcare affordable & transparent
- US News & World Report: Top 10 hospitals for orthopedics
- Oregon spine surgeon implicated in $22M lawsuit for paralyzing patient with dropped instrument: 5 things to know
- Bundled payments to account for 30%-45% of spine reimbursement in 3 years: 4 insights
- 'Spare the scalpel' — Dr. Brian Cole sheds light on the future of orthopedic medicine in TEDx Talk
- 4 North Carolina orthopedic practices merge to create EmergeOrtho: 5 key notes
- 7 things to know about Mazor Robotics & Medtronic's plans to roll out Mazor X
- The state of minimally invasive spine surgery: Dr. Frank Phillips on devices, payment & outpatient ASCs
- Orthopedic surgeon Dr. Michael Russin dies following plane crash: 5 key notes
- Raleigh Orthopaedic Clinic to pay $750k in potential HIPAA violation: 5 things to know
- How did 5 orthopedic device giants fare in the most recent fiscal period? 45 notes on Stryker, Medtronic & more
- Zimmer Biomet jumps into robotics with MedTech acquisition: 5 things to know