Beaumont Health System in Royal Oak, Mich., recently joined the American Joint Replacement Registry, which is a not-for-profit national database of joint replacement procedures.
Harris Medical Center Hospital announced its plans to open an orthopedics hospital in Silverdale, Wis., in September of this year.
Lewisburg, Pa.-based Evangelica Community Hospital opened a new Center for Orthopaedics designed to meet the needs of orthopedic patients.
Maple Grove (Minn.) Hospital completed a major expansion to add 46 patient rooms and two examination rooms to expand the hospital's orthopedic and spine services.
Medstar is planning to add a new medical campus in Hartford County, Conn., that will include orthopedics and sports medicine.
Durango Orthopedics began a partnership with Pegosa Springs (Colo.) Medical Center to perform surgery there.
Tri-City Medical Center in Oceanside, Calif., purchased its second Renaissance surgical system from Mazor Robotics, becoming the first health system to own more than one system.
Hammond, La.-based North Oaks Medical Center unveiled its new five-story wing that includes a customized orthopedic and neurosurgery floor as well as a patient rehabilitation gym.
Northern Inyo Hospital in Bishop Calif., plans to open its first orthopedic clinic with the acquisition of Sierra Crest Orthopedics and Neurology, previously run by Mammoth Hospital.
St. Vincent Health hired a group of orthopedic surgeons from PremierOrtho in Bloomington, Ind., to create an Orthopedic Center of Excellence at Monroe Hospital.
Tyler-based Texas Spine & Joint will open an urgent care facility and share the space with Azalea Orthopedics.
Wise Regional Health System in Decatur, Texas, broke ground on its Parkway Surgical and Cardiovascular Hospital in Fort Worth, which will focus on minimally invasive spine care, among other procedures.
More Articles on Orthopedic Surgery:
5 Key Concepts for Orthopedics Bundled Payments
How Large Scale Patient Education Efforts Improve Orthopedic Practices: Q&A With Steven Siwek of Medical Marketing Solutions
Quality & Cost Effective Spinal Imaging of the Future: Q&A With Eric Bailey of NeuroLogica
12 Hospitals Enhance Orthopedic & Spine Services FeaturedWritten by Laura Dyrda | Friday, 18 January 2013 21:03
Here are 12 hospitals that announced or opened expansion projects for orthopedic and spine services.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- 20 new MIS spine devices in 2016
- 21 smart spine surgeons with gifted business minds
- 44 MIS spine devices to know | 2016
- Top 12 most-liked spine surgeons on the internet
- Police investigate death of American Spine Center's physician accused in federal kickback scheme: 6 things to know
- Consumer Reports: 34 top-rated US hospitals for hip replacements
- Suicide likely cause of Dr. Sandeep Sherlekar's death, police report shows: 6 things to know
- Dr. George Rappard performs 1st US MIS procedure with Sony heads-up display: 5 observations
- Zimmer Biomet to acquire LDR in $1B transaction — 9 things to know
- Annual & hourly orthopedic surgeon salary — 10 latest statistics
- Trusting a robot — Dr. Juan Torres-Reveron on performing 1st US ROSA Spine surgery
- 12 statistics on social media's presence in the healthcare space
- 5 key notes on the Zimmer Biomet-LDR acquisition & its impact on Texas
- 38 female spine surgeon leaders to know
- Dr. Gregory Sherr sues HealthEast, CentraCare & 6 neurosurgeons for allegedly ruining his reputation & career — 6 things to know
- Oregon spine surgeon implicated in $22M lawsuit for paralyzing patient with dropped instrument: 5 things to know
- UPMC to pay $2.5M+ to settle neurosurgery-related False Claims Act violation allegations: 7 things to know
- 4 North Carolina orthopedic practices merge to create EmergeOrtho: 5 key notes
- US News & World Report: Top 10 hospitals for orthopedics
- 7 things to know about Mazor Robotics & Medtronic's plans to roll out Mazor X
- The state of minimally invasive spine surgery: Dr. Frank Phillips on devices, payment & outpatient ASCs
- 11 highest-paying states for orthopedic surgeons: New Jersey tops the list at $494.5k
- Beyond the implant — DePuy Synthes pushes innovation inside & out of the OR
- Zimmer Biomet jumps into robotics with MedTech acquisition: 5 things to know
- Orthopedic surgeon Dr. Michael Russin dies following plane crash: 5 key notes
- 34 latest trends in the global orthopedic devices market
- 21 statistics and facts for orthopedic surgeons — compensation, net worth and more
- 19 more things to know about orthopedic bundled payments — September 2016
- Are Stryker's hip implants about to be recalled?
- Trump or Hillary? The physicians have voted
- FDA regulation, insurance coverage: Dr. Raj N. Sureja talks challenges in regenerative medicine
- Do you know what patients really care about when choosing a spine surgeon?
- 13 facts and statistics on Baby Boomers for spine surgeons to know
- 5 trends for orthopedic surgeons to watch in 2017
- 3 orthopedic clinics to pay $2.39M to settle False Claims Act allegations: 5 things to know
- 10 thoughts and statistics on medical malpractice claims against orthopedists
- Evolutionary vs. revolutionary: The future of surgical devices and spine surgery
- Robotics is here to stay — Drs. Kornelis Poelstra & Dennis Devito on working with Mazor technology
- UCLA pays $8.5M to settle 2 lawsuits after undisclosed spine surgeon relationship with Medtronic: 5 key notes
- Medtronic, SeaSpine, Zimmer Biomet & more: 17 key notes