Beaumont Health System in Royal Oak, Mich., recently joined the American Joint Replacement Registry, which is a not-for-profit national database of joint replacement procedures.
Harris Medical Center Hospital announced its plans to open an orthopedics hospital in Silverdale, Wis., in September of this year.
Lewisburg, Pa.-based Evangelica Community Hospital opened a new Center for Orthopaedics designed to meet the needs of orthopedic patients.
Maple Grove (Minn.) Hospital completed a major expansion to add 46 patient rooms and two examination rooms to expand the hospital's orthopedic and spine services.
Medstar is planning to add a new medical campus in Hartford County, Conn., that will include orthopedics and sports medicine.
Durango Orthopedics began a partnership with Pegosa Springs (Colo.) Medical Center to perform surgery there.
Tri-City Medical Center in Oceanside, Calif., purchased its second Renaissance surgical system from Mazor Robotics, becoming the first health system to own more than one system.
Hammond, La.-based North Oaks Medical Center unveiled its new five-story wing that includes a customized orthopedic and neurosurgery floor as well as a patient rehabilitation gym.
Northern Inyo Hospital in Bishop Calif., plans to open its first orthopedic clinic with the acquisition of Sierra Crest Orthopedics and Neurology, previously run by Mammoth Hospital.
St. Vincent Health hired a group of orthopedic surgeons from PremierOrtho in Bloomington, Ind., to create an Orthopedic Center of Excellence at Monroe Hospital.
Tyler-based Texas Spine & Joint will open an urgent care facility and share the space with Azalea Orthopedics.
Wise Regional Health System in Decatur, Texas, broke ground on its Parkway Surgical and Cardiovascular Hospital in Fort Worth, which will focus on minimally invasive spine care, among other procedures.
More Articles on Orthopedic Surgery:
5 Key Concepts for Orthopedics Bundled Payments
How Large Scale Patient Education Efforts Improve Orthopedic Practices: Q&A With Steven Siwek of Medical Marketing Solutions
Quality & Cost Effective Spinal Imaging of the Future: Q&A With Eric Bailey of NeuroLogica
12 Hospitals Enhance Orthopedic & Spine Services FeaturedWritten by Laura Dyrda | Friday, 18 January 2013 21:03
Here are 12 hospitals that announced or opened expansion projects for orthopedic and spine services.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- Understanding the Impact of the CMS 2017 ASC Payment Rule on Spine Procedures
- 15 spine surgeons discuss techniques revolutionizing spine care
- 4 of the most pressing challenges orthopedic surgeons face in 2017
- What not to wear — Physician's attire elicits mixed responses in outpatient orthopedic centers
- Dr. Robert Watkins performs spine surgery on Patriots' Rob Gronkowski
- Behind bars for fraud: Neurosurgeon Dr. Aria Sabit receives nearly 20-year prison sentence — 8 key insights
- 6 spine physicians ranked #1 on Google - 2016
- 7 trends in healthcare digital transformation
- 9 Mayo Clinic strategies to quench the physician burnout flame
- 36 woman physician leaders to know
- Seattle Times examines Swedish-Cherry Hill's neuroscience program balance of volume & quality
- Rochester Regional Health in NY acquires Finger Lakes Bone & Joint Center: 5 key notes
- 4 spine surgeons caught in fraud — Prisoners, probationers & a fugitive
- Guilty verdict for neurosurgeon Dr. Christopher Duntsch for causing 'injury to an elderly person' — 5 things to know
- 26 latest statistics & notes on neurosurgeon salary — Hourly, annual & regional pay
- A review of 7 spine device company powerhouses in 2016
- Best & worst patient outcomes — Patients may now compare US surgeons by name
- Why the direct anterior approach for THA is the future
- Spine care in 2017: 4 spine surgeons make predictions
- Google Glass, GoPro or Panasonic HX-A100: Which is best during spine surgery? 5 key notes
- Five trends that every orthopedic professional should watch in 2017
- Swedish-Cherry Hill neuroscience chair Dr. Johnny Delashaw steps down amid investigation — 5 things to know
- What Stryker CEO Kevin Lobo said on CNBC: 7 key quotes on healthcare, business & the future
- Medtronic plans to sell medical supplies unit, Bloomberg reports: 6 key insights
- What 6 sports medicine physicians wish they would've known at the beginning of their careers
- American College of Physicians releases new guidelines for treating low back pain: 5 key points
- 40 statistics on spine surgeon and neurosurgeon pay
- 16 things to know about spinal fusions
- Dr. Kenneth Pettine: Stem cell therapy is here to stay
- Titan Spine leads push for titanium interbody device resurgence through nanotechnology differentiation
- Dr. Christopher Duntsch sentenced to life in prison for injuring his patients: 5 key takeaways
- How 10 spine surgeons are preparing their practice for a Donald Trump presidency
- 5 reasons why spine care will boom in the next decade
- The man behind the fraud — Who is Dr. Aria Sabit?
- 10 things to know about Stryker
- 5 health IT predictions for 2017
- Drs. Frederick Boop, Michael Gleiber, F. Todd Wetzel & more: 90+ spine surgeons & neurosurgeons receiving honors in 2016
- Rothman Institute, Thomas Jefferson University & Jefferson Health open concierge spine center of excellence
- DePuy Synthes earns FDA clearance for VIPER, EXPEDIUM screws: 5 highlights
- Henry Ford Health System drops out of Medicare bundled payments for joint replacement: 5 key notes