Beaumont Health System in Royal Oak, Mich., recently joined the American Joint Replacement Registry, which is a not-for-profit national database of joint replacement procedures.
Harris Medical Center Hospital announced its plans to open an orthopedics hospital in Silverdale, Wis., in September of this year.
Lewisburg, Pa.-based Evangelica Community Hospital opened a new Center for Orthopaedics designed to meet the needs of orthopedic patients.
Maple Grove (Minn.) Hospital completed a major expansion to add 46 patient rooms and two examination rooms to expand the hospital's orthopedic and spine services.
Medstar is planning to add a new medical campus in Hartford County, Conn., that will include orthopedics and sports medicine.
Durango Orthopedics began a partnership with Pegosa Springs (Colo.) Medical Center to perform surgery there.
Tri-City Medical Center in Oceanside, Calif., purchased its second Renaissance surgical system from Mazor Robotics, becoming the first health system to own more than one system.
Hammond, La.-based North Oaks Medical Center unveiled its new five-story wing that includes a customized orthopedic and neurosurgery floor as well as a patient rehabilitation gym.
Northern Inyo Hospital in Bishop Calif., plans to open its first orthopedic clinic with the acquisition of Sierra Crest Orthopedics and Neurology, previously run by Mammoth Hospital.
St. Vincent Health hired a group of orthopedic surgeons from PremierOrtho in Bloomington, Ind., to create an Orthopedic Center of Excellence at Monroe Hospital.
Tyler-based Texas Spine & Joint will open an urgent care facility and share the space with Azalea Orthopedics.
Wise Regional Health System in Decatur, Texas, broke ground on its Parkway Surgical and Cardiovascular Hospital in Fort Worth, which will focus on minimally invasive spine care, among other procedures.
More Articles on Orthopedic Surgery:
5 Key Concepts for Orthopedics Bundled Payments
How Large Scale Patient Education Efforts Improve Orthopedic Practices: Q&A With Steven Siwek of Medical Marketing Solutions
Quality & Cost Effective Spinal Imaging of the Future: Q&A With Eric Bailey of NeuroLogica
12 Hospitals Enhance Orthopedic & Spine Services FeaturedWritten by Laura Dyrda | Friday, 18 January 2013 21:03
Here are 12 hospitals that announced or opened expansion projects for orthopedic and spine services.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- DePuy Synthes, Stryker, Zimmer, Medtronic lead global orthopedics now — 8 key notes on where they're headed
- 15 things to know about Zimmer Biomet
- 20 Spine Surgeon Leadership Awards | 2015
- A differentiated approach in lateral spine surgery: Oblique lateral interbody fusion (OLIF at L2-L5)
- 25 Spine Device Awards | 2015
- Neurosurgeon named in counterfeit spinal implant lawsuit — 5 things to know
- Top 10 specialties with highest pay — Orthopedists lead the pack
- 6 spine physicians ranked #1 on Google
- Dr. Aria Sabit pleads guilty to unnecessary spine surgery, faces 11+ years in prison — 5 things to know
- 55 statistics and issues for neurosurgeons and orthopedic spine surgeons — compensation, global device market and more
- Is the Zimmer-Biomet closed merger finally around the corner? 5 things to know
- Medtronic pays 8 physicians $1M+: 5 key notes
- Dr. Neal ElAttrache to perform Manny Pacquiao's shoulder surgery: 5 things to know
- Another spine surgeon named in "fake implants" lawsuit — This time in Maryland: 5 key notes
- Spinal fusion vs. disc replacement: Which costs more? 5 key notes
- Northwestern's Feinberg School of Medicine neurological surgery chief Dr. Andrew Parsa dies
- Zimmer Q1 sales drop 2.3%, Biomet merger still not final — 10 things to know
- How The CORE Institute grew 40% last quarter — IT leads the way
- Is Smith & Nephew's cost-conscious strategy working? 5 key notes
- UPMC's Dr. Tanya Hagen dies at age 45
- Medtronic facing product liability lawsuit over Infuse once more: 9 things to know
- Hospitals face 4 lawsuits in connection with unnecessary spine surgeries case — 6 things to know
- How high-energy spine surgeons start their day — 5 things to know
- Grand jury indicts troubled Texas spine surgeon — 5 key notes
- 5 statistics on orthopedic surgeon net worth
- Patient sues troubled orthopedic surgeon for malpractice — 7 things to know
- Cervical disc replacement Mobi-C vs. spinal fusion: Are there advantages to one? 6 key notes
- Spinal deformity surgery — On the cutting edge with Drs. Isador Lieberman, Suken Shah
- 23 statistics for orthopedic surgeons — compensation, net worth & more
- Hospital for Special Surgery names Dr. Frank Schwab spine service chief — 5 things to know
- 10 trends in the spinal fusion market
- Brigham and Women's Hospital names Dr. James Kang orthopedics chairman: 6 key facts
- 8 ways to improve your patient experience
- The future of orthopedics: ACOs, bundled payments, gain-sharing & the advantage in change
- 8 reasons why things are looking up for Amedica
- Minimally invasive spine surgery — Current trends & topics
- The best vacation spots for spine surgeons
- Cleveland Clinic standardizes to 2 implant vendors, at least one orthopedic surgeon out
- Spine surgery in a value-based world: Dr. Jed Vanichkachorn on spine bundled payments
- 22 things to know about Stryker